San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

First off, looks like the port of SF website has been revamped and is a little easier to read (no longer a PDF format).

Here's the link to cruise ships arriving/departing SF this year:

http://www.sfport.com/site/port_page.asp?id=37373

In addition to Pier 35, it looks like Pier 27 is also going to be used for cruise ships. As usual, there are a number of dates in May & September where there are multiple ships on the same day. In the past, two would dock at Pier 35, and in the event there were three in town, the other at Pier 30/32 in SOMA. Now it appears only one large cruise ship will dock at Pier 35, with Piers 27 and 30/32 as 2nd and 3rd alternates.

Is anyone here familiar with Pier 27? Any SF cruise historians know if it was ever used in the past?

hi david--

that sounds really excellent, but i dont think my work would be too thrilled about me going on 2 back to back cruises in april. :cool: i'm already booked on a carribbean one for april 30th..... i definitely want to go on one of those cruises later on this year though.

thanks everyone for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Folks,

We have been pretty quiet here lately. I suppose everyone has been out on the highseas (I know Brian and I have been)

Just a reminder that on the 9th of May we will have 4 (yes 4) ships docked here in SFO.

There will be theDawn Princess, Celebrity Sumit, Vision of the Seas, and the Yorktown Clipper.

Will be a pretty crowded day down near the ports.

Ed

Ed/Jeff,

We've done the cruise up and Amtrak home thing and as I recall, the train leaves Vancouver around 6 at night and gets into Seattle around 10, but the Coast Starlight leaves the next morning, so you'll have to arrange overnight accomodations in Seattle. It's a nice way to come home, though I'd advise springing for a higher class sleeper cabin, as the lowest class has bunk beds and that upper berth is kind of tight.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'd prefer a tight upper..., or a tight... bottom Well never mind :-)

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I'd prefer a tight upper..., or a tight... bottom Well never mind :-)

Treven, too funny! :D

If anyone's looking for a little 3-day getaway cruise up the coast, Celebrity has really discounted the prices on the Infinity SF-Vancouver on June 1st. I've been watching this for awhile and finally booked it Friday.

Brian,

I have a question for you. We are sailing into NYC on the Masdam and will be there for the day before heading up to Montreal, where does HAL dock in NYC?

Ed/Jeff

Pier 88/90 (at West 48th Street)

Just tell your cabbie that you're going to the Cruise Terminal at 48th street...

We're off to Mexico on Princess leaving and returning from San Francisco. Sail date is April 19th - - anybody else going? :confused: I guess this means we'll have to miss a couple of weekends at the Twin Peaks. Life is tough?! Hope to see some San Francisco buds onboard.

Rich and Merlyn:)

hello, San Francisco! just taking a short weekend break to comt to L.A. to send of some crusier friends on a Hawaii cruise!

Brian, Had dinner with Gail (Tuggers) last night, and she sends her best (and a string of pearls that she bought t wear to the Bon Voyage dinner- hey, it's better than Mardi Gras beads....

hello, San Francisco! just taking a short weekend break to comt to L.A. to send of some crusier friends on a Hawaii cruise!

Brian, Had dinner with Gail (Tuggers) last night, and she sends her best (and a string of pearls that she bought t wear to the Bon Voyage dinner- hey, it's better than Mardi Gras beads....

Thanks Andrew!

Gonna have to get on one of her cruises again one of these days!

;)

BTW -- Unless I get a great job offer really soon, looks like I'll be moving to Richmond VA to stay w/ my Sis and help her w/ her family while I continue to look for a new job...

...meanwhile, looking forward to Mexico and Alaska on Mercury next month!

Wanna spend a weekend in Ensenada and send me off too, Andrew?

:D

:D Gee...Ensenada...you ask me to the BEST places....:rolleyes:

Not good news about Richmond (from our perspective, at least) Hope it works out well for you. When do you leave? Gotta get you those pearls somehow...

Just found out that I get to cruise with BEAV next month. They just booked on our TA (well...I guess it's not "our" ta...:o ) But, strangely enough, in the last few weeks, the "boys" have been coming out of the woodwork, so to speak. Looks like Dorothy will be well represented!

Andrew

Not good news about Richmond (from our perspective, at least) Hope it works out well for you. When do you leave? Gotta get you those pearls somehow...

Andrew

Andrew--

When I return to SF from my Sis's home in VA on Apr 10th, I'll be starting to sell off the furniture and packing up the remainder so that I can be out of here by the time I leave for the Mercury cruise the first week of May...

...unless I get a great offer to stay!

;)

Greetings, this is a off topic, however, I did not know where to post this. I am new to these boards, and I think I did something wrong. I posted in the Gay and Lesbian Community forum a question regarding peoples thoughts about Atlanti* and RSV*. The post was up for 5 minutes, and several people had view it, then POOF, it's gone. Are we not allowed to comment about these companies, and if not, are all charters out of the question? I would hate to hear that this is just the gay charters being singled out. Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated. Also, sorry this is off topic for this thread, I just did not know where else to post this question.

Many thanks for your replies.

Brian

chowderbsk

Greetings, this is a off topic, however, I did not know where to post this. I am new to these boards, and I think I did something wrong. I posted in the Gay and Lesbian Community forum a question regarding peoples thoughts about Atlanti* and RSV*. The post was up for 5 minutes, and several people had view it, then POOF, it's gone. Are we not allowed to comment about these companies, and if not, are all charters out of the question? I would hate to hear that this is just the gay charters being singled out. Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated. Also, sorry this is off topic for this thread, I just did not know where else to post this question.

Many thanks for your replies.

Brian

chowderbsk

Brian--

You're not off-topic - You're from San Francisco!

:D

Yes, there's been an issue recently w/ postings concerning Atlantis and RSVP. My understanding is that the TA's who pay for this forum have an issue w/ posts that "advertise" these charters (I guess since they don't sell many RSVP or Atlantis cruises?) :confused:

However mentioning RSVP/Atlantis within the thread is apparently OK.

:cool:

So what was your question again?