Cell phone camera vs. disposable

janice2348

Cellphones are actually very medicore cameras, and if you get sand and kill them much more expensive than say even possible a cheap point and shoot. I never leave my timeless memories to a phone!

You might want to look at some recent review of the newer waterproof cameras. They start at about 200 bucks. You do get what you pay for:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q311waterproofcompactgrouptest/

Which would be better? Last time we went to the beach we had sand all over our phones. I know, I should have covered them, but, didn't think it would be an issue-I know, duh!

What is everyone's opinion on this? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

I'll echo the comments about waterproof cameras. They are fairly inexpensive and take decent day time pictures. I would never think of using my cell phone, the pictures are horrible and there's too much chance of someone stealing the phone or sand/water ruining it.

We have a Fuji and paid less than $200 (in Canada none the less!) last year. There are better cameras, but as you said, it's just for the beach.

I love my new phone but there is no way I'm taking it to the beach. I,ll continue to take my small compact zoom (Canon) camera, and keep it well wrapped up, so no sand gets in to it.

Not vy spontaneous, but I take all my photos when I first get to the beach, before I get covered in salt and sand, then put it safely away.

Which would be better? Last time we went to the beach we had sand all over our phones. I know, I should have covered them, but, didn't think it would be an issue-I know, duh!

What is everyone's opinion on this? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming this is your 1st cruise?? If you decide cruising may become a repeat type of vacation, you may want to think about investing in a good camera. You may miss out on good pics of really fun times if you don't have a good camera.

I, personally, do not take our cell phones anywhere near sand/water. Also, as a rule, disposable cameras generally will not take the quality of pics that normal cameras will take, especially underwater. I invested in a good camera last year and we don't regret it one bit. It takes awesome underwater pics too!

I'm assuming this is your 1st cruise?? If you decide cruising may become a repeat type of vacation, you may want to think about investing in a good camera. You may miss out on good pics of really fun times if you don't have a good camera.

I, personally, do not take our cell phones anywhere near sand/water. Also, as a rule, disposable cameras generally will not take the quality of pics that normal cameras will take, especially underwater. I invested in a good camera last year and we don't regret it one bit. It takes awesome underwater pics too!

Yes, it would be our first cruise. When we took the iphones to the beach we kept them in a beach bag. Luckily there wasn't too much sand....they do take great pics. We don't take a lot of pics otherwise. We'll have to see about buying a camera. We won't be taking underwater pics.

Archived