Tuxedo shoe rental...

CdnMessKit

A weird question... do you have to "reserve" tuxedo shoes prior to the cruise. The reason I am asking is I am taking a float plane ride to seattle prior to flying to Ft Lauderdale, which means I am restricted in weight thus would prefer just to rent the shoes.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

I'd leave the tux and shoes at home. But that's just me. Here's what you'll see on board on formal night.... a few people really dressed up just before and after dinner, with the majority in the usual upscale cruise casual. But there are more people on the low side of cruise casual (or worse) than there are people with formal wear. Some people like to dress-up, that's just not me. I might choose to not dress-up and just eat at the buffet on formal night. But bring the tux if you want to go out dancing or something after. There's usually a fancy bar with a small live band that attracts the tux's. Enjoy!

--Dale--

I would recommend reserving them ahead of time only to ensure that your size is available.

When we cruised on Freedom back in 2008 we reserved a full tuxedo and shoes for my son to make sure he had exactly what he needed. It was all waiting in the stateroom for us when we arrived, and I had him try it on quickly to make sure it fit before we left port to allow for any exchanges.

They do keep a supply of items on board for passengers during the week but realistically cannot have every size and color available at all times.

My son that sailed with us in June, needed tux shoes. He has the tux and thank god it still fit him (orchestra at school). When we arrived in our cabin, the shoes were there on the bed. (nice..!)

However, when he later went to try them on on day 1, he said "mom, these shoes are too big". I had ordered an 8.5, then had left a 10.5. :eek: I quickly caught our room steward that evening and they were switched out.

We were starting to think our son was "the incredible shrinking man". LOL

Archived