What would you do?

Blzer99

We are driving down to Florida in Janurary to go on the Allure. We are staying at a hotel overnight before we curise. Would you leave your car at the hotel for the week and take the free shuttle to the port or would you just drive to the port and park there? What is the better option?

Does Hotel have parking included with stay? If so, and lot is secure, I would definitely take the free shuttle. Why have the hassle of moving you car, fighting traffic at the port and having to pay parking? Does Hotel offer free shuttle back from port? Some will take you there and do not offer pick up.

That said, we have left our car many times at the Hotel. We have never had any problems. Have a great cruise!

Yes the Hotel has a package of stay and park with free shuttle service to and from the port. We are staying at the Cambira Suites Ft Lauderdale.

We stayed there last March (and are staying there again next February). Our friends who live in FL drove there and left the car - no problems at all and free shuttle was both ways. I think it's better to do this. :) And Cambria Suites was great!

We did the Park n Ride in PC last year and it was awesome! Plan to do it again for Oasis next year. We also left our car at Crowne Plaza by Miami airport for 16 days when we did our B2B on serenade. used airportparkinginc.com and got 16 days for a little over $90. The hotel parking area was very secure. So if you can leave it at the hotel, I would do that in a heartbeat over paying the daily charge at the port.

Check out www.stay123.com and www.trinityreservations.com for deals for park and cruise hotels. Used 'stay123' twice for cruises out of Baltimore. Didn't have a problem and price was much better than directly through the hotel.

We have also used trinity out of Philidelphia, and it was great, and are using them again in December out of Newark.

My advise is to definately to your research. Before my last cruise, I priced hotels, separate parking and used Cruise Critic for much advice. I ended up taking the advice of my fellow cruisers here on CC. For our Monarch cruise last January, we left our car at the hotel. Our hotel (Country Inn and Suites) rate was $109 and they offered free parking during our cruise. Parking at the pier was $15/day or so. So the $109 we paid the hotel was like paying our pier parking in advance and only paying $49 for the hotel. The hotel provided a shuttle service to/from the pier which went very smooth in both directions.

Archived