Battery Powered Fan

Has anyone ever taken a Battery powered Fan, to use in their stateroom? Also what brand did you use, and how well did it work? I sleep better with the air circulation and the sound of a fan. I use to take a small fan, but on our last cruise in Jan, they had me come down to the naughty room and give them my fan. They gave it back to me the day of our return.

Thanks in advance for your help!

My friend at work has a very nice battery-operated fan that I was checking out. Like you, I sleep much better when there is air circulating in the room...I don't need the A/C down to freezing, just need to feel a breeze on my face.

I need to check more carefully to see what brand it is...she offered to lend it to me, but I'd hate to have it confiscated before I board the ship.

My friend told me she bought it at WalMart....

I take mine on every cruise (and all other trips). The brand is O2 Cool and I got it at WalMart. It is about six inches square and the perfect size to place on the bedside table for a breeze in the face.

Thanks! How long do the batteries last, and does it put out enough air so the DH can feel it on his side of the bed?

Just ordered the 6-inch battery/electric O2 Cool fan from Amazon...my local Walmart didn't carry the one I wanted.

The price was the same or slightly less, and since I ordered another item, I had enough to qualify for free shipping...and paid no tax!

Oh my gosh, they took away your fan?! I always travel with mine - I need it for the white noise.

I do have a battery 02 Cool that I got at Publix a few years ago. They were selling them around hurricane season and that is why I picked it up. I haven't used it on a trip but I better try it out and get used to its sound.

I can't believe they take away plug in fans!

I can't believe they take away plug in fans!

I always travel with a small plug in fan and have never had it taken away from me nor questioned about it. I pack it in my checked luggage in its original box. The last time I traveled with it was January 2011 on the Monarch.

I always travel with a small plug in fan and have never had it taken away from me nor questioned about it. I pack it in my checked luggage in its original box. The last time I traveled with it was January 2011 on the Monarch.

Same here, I alway take my small plug in, and put it in my checked bag, but on the Enchantment in Jan of this year they took it away, and then gave it back just before I got off the ship. They said fans can be a fire hazard. I tried to tell them I needed it for hot flashes, but they didn't care. I'm sure they've heard it all before!

I take mine on every cruise (and all other trips). The brand is O2 Cool and I got it at WalMart. It is about six inches square and the perfect size to place on the bedside table for a breeze in the face.

This is the exact fan we have. Take it on cruises too. My only beef with it is getting the batteries out. Always need a butter knife to get those things out of where they are wedged in. It can also be plugged in if you have a universal AC adapter.

We bought two of the O2 Cool fans before our last hurricane and they are great. I never would have thought to bring one on a cruise because we have always brought a small plug-in/clip-on type, but might reconsider after reading this thread. We also travel with a white noise machine, just in case. Has anyone tried the white noise downloads available for IPods?

I have a battery fan too that I bought for when we cruise Royal since they seem to be the only ones that have a problem with it. We pack an extra set of batteries and they last through our 14 day cruises.

I wonder if it's just the Enchantment? Last year when we sailed her they wouldn't even let us bring open water bottles back on the ship. As we waited to go through security at each port they have hugh buckets and you either had to finish drinking whatever you were drinking or throw it away.

Linda - our local Walmart didn't carry the O2 fan...I ordered mine from Amazon...I added another item I need to my order, there were no taxes and my order shipped free. The price was equal to/comparable to what my friend paid for her fan at "her" Walmart...

Thanks everyone, I may have to go and buy the O 2 Cool fan since it is battery powered plus AC/DC. I will pack the AC adapter in a seperate suite cause and they will know no different! I hear it runs better when plugged in!

Thanks Everyone!

Oh my gosh! I have the battery O2 Cool fan and totally forgot about the plug in possibility. (I bought it in case of no electricity during a hurricane.) Thanks for the heads-up! :)

I had a plug in fan confiscated from my carry on several years ago. A whole lot of people didn't believe me when I posted it here.

I now take a vornado fan, it doesn't show up on the x-ray looking at all like a fan, so no one has ever questioned it.

http://www.amazon.com/Vornado-V6-Flippi-Personal-Circulator/dp/B000YKH090/ref=sr_1_155?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1317185975&sr=1-155

I considered a battery powered fan, but once in the store and feeling the weight, plus the weight of the batteries I changed my mind.

Archived