I of Seas dres code

bogofman

Thinking of saling on I of S next year out of Southampton, Can someone who's ben on her tell me about dress codes whilst on board. I don't seem to be able to find any reference in the brouchures.

I have been reading reports that MDR dress codes are not enforced, what are the dress codes ship wide on formal nights and what % adhere to the codes. I would not wnat to be over or under dressed.

Thanks

We were on the Indy in late May/early June. I can't say I really noticed anyone going against the "advisory" dresscode, and formal nights were very highly attended... There were a fair few people not in formal attire, but I never saw them in the MDR - they must have eaten at either the Windjammer or a speciality restaurant. That's not to say I know whether anyone was turned away from the MDR - I honestly don't know, but I can't imagine they would be, as mentioned it was always listed as a "suggested" dresscode.

We loved being able to dress up and it made for great photos too... Semi-formal nights were the ones that caused more confusion with us than formal, though I had a nice summer maxi-dress that worked really well, and my boyfriend wore smart trousers and an open necked shirt and fitted well with everyone else (even though strictly speaking he was underdressed).

Having read other reviews on here I do think that, on our cruise at least, more people adhered to the dress code than I've read about elsewhere...

Relax. Nobody will toss you overboard for dressing as you like. Formal nights there are suggested attire but that gets interp[reted pretty widely.

RCI site has suggestions for packing and dress:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

Many people wishing to skip dressing formal (or packing for that) tend to eat in Windjammer or other non-formal venues. While formal nights will see people more dressed up at shows there will always be people around dressed casually who do not wish to participate.

Off hand I would guess about 2/3 dress formally (again wide range) on formal nights and 1/3 don't. May be closer to 50-50 on Caribbean cruises or higher ratio on European routes.

On formal nights, you really can't be "overdressed"...others might be underdressed, but that's it!

Daytime is ultra-casual...shorts, flip-flops, etc....

For dinner, long pants and collared shirt is the great majority of menswear on casual evenings.

Got off the Indy on September 17th. I was amazed how many guys were in tuxes. I reckon 75% were, and their ladies dressed to match too. Even some of the young guys were looking dapper in formal dress. Having said that, there were quite a few people who didn't bother, but they seemed to miss out the MDR on those nights. ;)

Archived