Bad reviews of glory making me soooo nervous!!

redcruzer

\

So I keep reading soooo many bad reviews....the food is horrible,long buffet lines, the service stinks, the ship is dirty, the entertainment isn't good.

Can anyone( everyone) ease my mind? Does anyone have anything good to say about glory? I Need some massive reassurance right about now.

Thanks all!

I was just on the Glory in August. Yes, the buffet had long lines if you go during prime times (after 8am for breakfast/around 12-1 for lunch). That's probably true on any cruise ship. But if you go a little more off-peak, they aren't as bad. Also, remember the dining room is open for both breakfast and lunch on sea days--I did that on both of your sea days.

Food is subjective--I found the buffet for lunch not so hot. But I'm not generally a fan of buffets). The burrito from the burrito bar was good and the deli was as well. I had anytime dining and never had a problem getting in (usually went around 6pm) and the food was pretty good; not steakhouse quality but i never went hungry (btw, the steakhouse was fantastic).

As for the entertainment, I loved the two production shows, enjoyed both the comedians (I only did the family-friendly shows) and the marriage show is really funny.

I had a great waitstaff, an awesome room steward (first one in 5 cruises to fill the ice bucket without me asking) and found the bar staff to be pretty good as well. I did not find the ship to be dirty at all.

I hope you enjoy both your wedding and your cruise.

So, I'm getting married next year on the Glory. It's our first Carnival cruise, and we chose this as our wedding cruise because of affordability, not so much for us, but for people to be able to afford to come. It was the Glory for a 7 day, or an RCI for a 5 day at the same price. So we figured if people were going to come, we mine as well make it a longer vacation

Just off Glory in July. Biggest disappointment was rude passengers.

So I keep reading soooo many bad reviews....the food is horrible Food is subjective...we did not find the food terrible,long buffet lines if you go at prime time any buffet will have long lines...deli, fish & Chips and burito bar are great, the service stinks we did not have stinky service at all, the ship is dirty didn't see that either, the entertainment isn't good I thought they had some of the best entertainment we had seen on any Carnival Cruise (possibly tied with our Freedom Cruise).

This is our first carnival cruise, and some of our guests very first cruise!! Not to mention, it's our wedding!! Im so nervous everyone is going to hate the shipand have a bad time. And I'm extremely nervous our wedding will be ruined. Don't worry so much. You may have one or two complainers as there are some in every bunch, but my guess is the majority of your guests will have a great time.

Can anyone( everyone) ease my mind? Does anyone have anything good to say about glory? I Need some massive reassurance right about now.

Thanks all!

Congratulations and relax....

I was on the Glory in April. The ship was beautiful, clean, everyone was friendly and there were never any terribly long lines. I mean, you might have to wait a few minutes in line but I dont remember anything that was painfully long.

Matter of fact, I loved it so much Im going again in January! Cant wait to get back to the Glory!!:D

Youll have a fantastic time, I promise!

We were on the Glory last month and she isn't my fave, but she is a nice ship...clean...lots to do...plenty of entertainment...great food and tons of food options. It can be crowded (especially the Lido deck) and there can be lines for things(buffet, guest services, getting back on ship at ports, etc). It felt like she was understaffed. The service in MDR was slow and chaotic sometimes. We had YTD, you may want to go with traditional dining. Our cabin was always done up and clean. We could walk up and get a drink at the bars, but bar waiters didn't come around enough in the MDR and lounges. She is not the easiest layout to figure out, but you will get the hang of it after about 3 days. Like I said, she's not my fave...I like the smaller ships- Fantasy Class- so far...but we still had a good vacation on her. You should be fine. And if I were invited to go on her for someone's wedding, I'd definitely go...in a heartbeat.

Just off the Glory in June and it was my least favorite ship so far; However I still had a nice time. The cabin guy did a fine job, the food was OK, the service inconsistent. Depending on when you went the buffet lines could be long. The entertainment was straight average Carnival. Lots of activities if you wanted them. Everything was clean with no strange odors. All in all nothing to complain about.......just too many people packed on that ship. I'll stick to the spirit class or lower from now on. You and your party will be fine.

Don't worry about your wedding and cruise. Most of the negative reviews are posted by people who either have their own agenda or have a very severe case of entitlementitis (demanding, bitchy, snotty people who create drama everywhere they go). We were on Glory May 2010 and had a wonderful time - great crew, awesome cabin, and incredible ports.

Relax and enjoy all the planning - you're going to LOVE the ship!

Been on 4 Carnival Cruises never a bad one , It will be what you make it:)

I agree, it is what you make of it....long lines is a given, there are anywhere from 2,000 to 3,000 people on that ship I would say, it's inevitable. They cook food for this many people so obvisouly it wont tast deliciosuly home made, but there are soooo many food options...room service, buffet, restaurant, etc. I'm sure you'll fin something. If you have a problem with the service, which I have had before...just tell customer service about it and see what they can do for you.

Over all, just have realitic expectations...it's no ALLURE of the Seas or antyhing, but you can still have a great and relaxing time. Have fun!

The first time we were on the Glory was last Dec. on a southern itinerary...It was so horrible that we will be cruising on her again this Dec. on a western itinerary. In fact, the rooms were so bad that we booked the same exact cabin. The moral of this story is everyone has an opinion; don't believe most of what you read and some of what you see.

or...drive yourself crazy and cancel the wedding! :0)!

Love the Conquest class ships...we have sailed on the Glory twice and had great cruise experiences both times. As a previous poster mentioned, of course there are lines at the buffet...go early or a little later. And, there are so many food venues available, you can opt out of the buffet line entirely. The deli has great sandwiches, pizza is always available, grill serving hamburgers, hot dogs, chili, and the main dining room has open seating for breakfast and lunch. Relax, you're on vacation. The ship was never dirty, wait staff and room stewards great and so much to do and see, you'll be amazed and won't know where to go first. Read your Fun Times every night and plan for the next day...it has a little pull off tab you can fold up and carry around with you...bring a highlighter. Also, no one ever mentions Tea Time which is held on sea days...go. Even if you do not like tea, the desserts are so worth it. It is a very relaxing hour away from the helter skelter of the ship and food is mouth watering good...fresh strawberries with real whipped cream, tea sandwiches, delicious scones, chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, strawberry cake...I'm making my mouth water!!

Don't let others opinions taint your cruise.

When you hear "the decor is ugly" remember, some people like Velvet Elvis paintings.

When you hear "The food is awful" remember, some people like McDonalds.

etc.

Sometimes too much information is too much information.

& in my experience the Debby Downers yell the loudest.

& there is always the "I've made my decision, now I need to live with it" take on the scenario. Seriously, how many people have taken time off work & booked this cruise? How many of them can now afford to change those plans?

Don't let negative reviews nervous at all. A vacation is a vacation is a vacation!!!! I was on the Glory in May of this year and I had such a great time and enjoyed the ship so much that I booked for 12 on the Glory. The food I had was soooo good and I am not one to give a good review of food if it is sub-par. The Mongolian Wok was my favorite and yes the lines can get very big but go to it during off peak hours. You will not regret it. Also the Fish N Chips is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! I went there day one and there was no one there as most people don't even realize it is there. It is at the aft of the ship upstairs from the adult pool. The Buritto bar was very good as well. The serenity area is so peaceful and nice but get up there early so that you can get a seat. Enjoy your Wedding and remember we make our vactions good or bad. :D

The Glory is a great ship, 4 of my 23 Carnival cruises were on the Glory.

The thing about Conquest class ships is the layout. You really need to study the deck plans and realize that you can't get from the back of the ship on deck 3 where the main dining room is to the lobby bar which is at the front of the ship. There is a galley inbetween.

I utilize deck 5 Promenade and the midship elevators to avoid various congestion points.

Don't fret. (I know it's your wedding...so you get to fret a little.) I agree with TheCalicoCat among others, different strokes for different folks and some people are NEVER happy no matter what. Don't let them ruin your joy.

Chances are not everything you eat will be perfectly cooked, you might run across a rude person or two and heaven forbid you have to stand in a long line. SO WHAT!!!!!! The same people who are miserable on a cruise more likely than not are miserable at home too.

I've been on Glory twice, first east, then west carrib.

I loved Glory, but the first cruise I didn't like the food as much, always kinda luke warm and just not as good as I expected, second cruise it was excellent, food rivaled Celebrity that cruise.

I think if you get a bad server the food won't be as good, the lazy ones keep all the plates at their station so they don't have to go back and forth and it gets cool. If you hate the food, ask for a different table with a different server, it might just change your mind.

Going to the buffett at less normal times helps (later or earlier breakfast and or lunch. Or the fish and chips place is tucked back and up one level, there were not a lot of people there, mostly cause I think they couldn't find it.

Going the MDR for breakfast and lunch is also a great option, let them serve you, it's really a nice experience.

The entertainment is no different on any other cruise ship except maybe RCCL has more "toys" ie: rock climbing wall, surf simulator, but otherwise it's just fine, we are looking forward to the comedy clubs, I think that was a brilliant addition, but we haven't sailed in a few years and so haven't been on since they added that.

I think you'll have a great time!!

Carole

i was married while on a cruise upon glory 5 years ago. we married on a beach in st thomas. it was just hubby and me. never had a thing to worry about once on board. loved the ship, wedding pics turned out great and we got the best service that week. some of the things you mention are subjective. don't worry about others, it's your wedding day. if you are happy, then everyone else will be happy. best wished to you!

So, I'm getting married next year on the Glory. It's our first Carnival cruise, and we chose this as our wedding cruise because of affordability, not so much for us, but for people to be able to afford to come. It was the Glory for a 7 day, or an RCI for a 5 day at the same price. So we figured if people were going to come, we mine as well make it a longer vacation

So I keep reading soooo many bad reviews....the food is horrible,long buffet lines, the service stinks, the ship is dirty, the entertainment isn't good.

This is our first carnival cruise, and some of our guests very first cruise!! Not to mention, it's our wedding!! Im so nervous everyone is going to hate the shipand have a bad time. And I'm extremely nervous our wedding will be ruined.

Thanks all![/quot

HAVE BEEN ON THE GLORY TWICE and loved it, however I was on the LIDO Deck Balcony and it was running water all the time, we never did figure how where it was coming from. Good was great on the Glory and I loved the Blue rocking chairs at the pool. Enjoy you trip, you will love the Glory, I have 12 cruises with Carnival and enjoy them all.

We sailed on the Glory last October 17th from Norfolk. We had a balcony room and I was impressed by everything we did. We had a great time but this year we are going out of Charleston on the Fantasy. No balcony but a window room. I'm sure we will still have a great time. The Glory was the best. Stop worrying and start getting excited.

Debbie:)

Archived