What is on your cruising playlist?

nathand95

Hey everyone! I just had a great idea for a fun thread.

What songs do like to listen to while on a cruise?

What songs really put you in a cruising spirit before you cruise?

What are some downright awesome vacation songs?

I don't think this type of thread has been done recently; all the threads similar to this were over 2 years old, so I thought I'd create a current CRUISING PLAYLIST.

Here are the songs that we hear all the time on cruises... so when we hear them, it brings us right back....

Cha Cha Slide

Friends in Low Places (ok, we are not country fans.... but this song is played all the time on the cruises we have been on!)

Margaritaville

Red Red Wine

Electric Slide

a new one.. the Cupid Shuffle?

Ever since our first cruise we always do a pre-cruise stay in SoBe. While we are there we always go to Mango's Tropical Cafe on Ocean Drive. They have a Reggae band there call Innasense which we love to listen too. We have their CD and we listen to it at home to remember our past cruises. It also helps us look forward to our upcoming cruises when we get home and wait the six months till we can book our next cruise 18 months before we sail.

Here's some newer party music that I have been listening to, to get ready for my upcoming cruise:

Party Rock Anthem - lmfao

Cheers (I'll drink to that) - Rihanna

Good Life - OneRepublic

Raise Your Glass - P!NK

All Summer Long - Kid Rock

California Gurls - Katy Perry

Edge of Glory (for Carnival Glory!) - Lady Gaga

Just a Dream (for Carnival Dream!) - Nelly

Temperature - Sean Paul

And I still LOVE these older songs (in addition to ones already mentioned by previous posters). I listen to them during my travels to the ship!

Leaving on a Jet Plane - Chantal Kreviazuk (from the movie Armageddon)

Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves

Soak up the Sun - Sheryl Crow

Some Beach - Blake Shelton

Caribbean Queen - Billy Ocean

Cruisin' - Gwyneth Paltrow and Huey Lewis

Kokomo & Fun, Fun, Fun - Beach Boys

Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes

Vacation - The Go Go's

I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Cash

Wide Open Spaces - The Dixie Chicks

Hot, Hot, Hot - Buster Poindexter

Miami - Will Smith

All Night Long - Lionel Richie

Under the Sea - The Little Mermaid (for the kids)

The Boys of Summer - Don Henley

The Way You Do The Things You Do & I Can't Help Falling In Love -UB40

Lust for Life - Iggy Pop

We listen to Mushroom Jazz. We have it our our iPod speakers playing our room at all times (When we are in it, of course). I think that we have almost all of the albums on our iPod. It has become our vacation soundtrack.

If you are interested. Mushroom Jazz is a series of musical compilations by DJ Mark Farina.

What's on your Ipod Playlist when you cruise? Mine includes all the 70's classics:Take it to the Limit, Beach Baby, Sunshine, Moonlight Feels Right, Key Largo, Dream Baby, Do You Believe in Magic? Almost Paradise, These Dreams, Ships, So Far Away, Sailing, Sail On, Cool Change, Bali Hai, Mexico, Bang on the Drum *COMMERCIAL*, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Calypso, Escape, Summer Breeze, Come Sail Away, island Girl, Uptight (everything's Alright)*USED IN FIRST SHOW* Another Saturday night, Sundown, all night long, Breeze on By, Shanghai Breezes, Trinidad, Wishing you were here, Strange Magic, It's a Miracle, I can't Live a Dream, Color My World, Two Tickets to Paradise, Another Day in Paradise, , Even the Nights are Better, Hold on tight to your Dreams, Sunrise, & You're the inspiration Oh Yeah- the Love Boat theme!

I love the idea of Vacation too!

We sail on "Victory" this coming Sunday. Anytime we are in the Caribbean, it's Bob Marley non-stop. Our all time favorite is "Redemption Song", but there so many more Marley great hits. My wife and I are about the last people that someone would think are reggae fans.

I listen to a lot of Bob Marley and something a little more random that I listen to would be these songs by 311: Amber, Champagne, Waiting, and Be Here a While et al. These guys own an island in the Caribbean and if you listen to them I think you will agree that it gets into their music.

I listen to a lot of Bob Marley and something a little more random that I listen to would be these songs by 311: Amber, Champagne, Waiting, and Be Here a While et al. These guys own an island in the Caribbean and if you listen to them I think you will agree that it gets into their music.

Great ideas! Thanks much!

A similar thread was done recently, but I just deleted the subscription! *DOH!*

Bob Marley is my go-to... particularly the "Legends" album (best hits). My bf bought this for me last Christmas before our January cruise to OR and GC.

Otis Redding, Jimmy Buffett, Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, anything Reggae or Reggaeton, some UB40, Beach Boys, "Come Sail Away" by Styx... I could go on and on!

There are a ton of other great mentions so far, too!:D

Yes, thanks sjn911. I'm going to definitely add "I like it" to my list. Enrique Iglesias is great.

(Definitely clean version. Didn't know the original wasn't! LOL).

So gald you enjoy him...LOL it is the Tonight song clean version needed...and he went a but far onthat and Dirty Dancer video..LOL but good dance song...but i have just fallen in love with him and a good guy..he has a brand new happy one out and it will be on a a new remix of Euphoria ..worth it I think and some of the old romantic ones and some Spanish ones with your special one...this is fun..sarah...I love the collaboration with Lionel Ritche on I like it!!!:):):)

Not a huge country fan, but I HAVE to listen to Zac Brown 'Toes' and "knee deep"

Jimmy Cliff, "I can see clearly now"

LOTS of Buffet and Marley

Me too always a little country needed just not too much,,,I really like Gary Allen...Smoke Rings in the Dark...

This is what I've compiled, thanks in part from other CC lists.

GrooveShark

Thanks...I've saved your playlist! Grooveshark is a great way to preview songs before buying them. I always make a cruise DVD slideshow after each cruise and I'm already on the lookout for songs for the next one.

Archived