Teppanyaki

cruise*enthusiast

I have a couple of questions re Teppanyaki. I understand that it's located within Bamboo, but I'm a little confused about making reservations. When can reservations be made, and where do we go to make them? We are sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda this Friday, and we are a party of 4. DH and I have a mini-suite, if that means anything.

Also, the NCL website says that it only accommodates 18 people. Is it difficult to get a reservation there?

Thanks so much for your help!

When we were on the spirit early this month, they would only allow people to reserve the Teppanyaki one day in advance, and it does fill up quite fast.

Our setting allowed for 8 people at a time. I think they do 3 sittings a night.

I highly recommend the Green Tea Cake and Ice Cream for dessert from the Teppanyaki!

On our last couple of cruises, we were able to make all of our specialty restaurant reservations immediately upon boarding. There was a table set up with a hostess and it took only a few minutes to do.

Teppanyaki is one of our favorites and tables fill up fast, so the sooner you make your reservations, the better. Enjoy and happy cruising!

TracyE

You should be able to make the reservation upon embarking. There will be a table set up (on the Jewel it was near the Service Desk).

I guess I'm in the minority as I didn't really care for Teppanyaki. The preparation of the food was so-so and the food just OK. I did enjoy the green tea cake.

Our service however was some of the best we received while on board.

We were still hungry after leaving so a stop at the Blue Lagoon for wings & fries fit the bill.

I would skip this restaurant next time, but I hope your experience is a good one and that you have a great time.

Happy cruising!

You should be able to make the reservation upon embarking. There will be a table set up (on the Jewel it was near the Service Desk).

We didn't have that option on either of our cruises. We could only book specialties 24 hours in advance. Full suites (not minis) had a different set of rules. Our menus were available near the front desk though.

On our Dawn cruise last month, this was the only specialty restaurant that was sold out every night due to high demand and small supply of seats. Make sure you make a reservation right away to get in.

With the other restaurant, you were able to walk right up to them even at night as most showed up green on the board.

This begs the question: Why didn't NCL rennovate the Asian restaurant areas as they are bringing in ships for major drydocks and make another Teppenyaki area on the ships?

I'm not among the fans of Teppenyaki, but if it's a hit, why not expand a bit?

I was on the Jewel and they had a table at the main desk where all the menu's were out & on the first day an employee taking reservations.

Teppanyaki was only open for dinner hours on our cruise, but it's always best to check you 'Daily' as things can change from trip to trip. Also if your trip includes a discount or buy one /get one for the specialty restaurants, it will NOT include this restaurant. On our cruise it didn't include Cagney's either.

Not sure if I would go back as I thought the food was only ok. I liked Chin-Chin much better.

I also liked the green tea cake & ice cream.

I have a couple of questions re Teppanyaki. I understand that it's located within Bamboo, but I'm a little confused about making reservations. When can reservations be made, and where do we go to make them? We are sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda this Friday, and we are a party of 4. DH and I have a mini-suite, if that means anything.

Also, the NCL website says that it only accommodates 18 people. Is it difficult to get a reservation there?

Thanks so much for your help!

Just off last week Friday. There are 3 dinner times that can be reserved. 5:30, 7:30 and 9:30. We did make them onboard on Tuesday and could only get 5:30 on Thursday, which was fine. It was excellent! They book up fast. I would make them as soon as you board. Does not matter if you have a mini. We did also. :)

Just off last week Friday. There are 3 dinner times that can be reserved. 5:30, 7:30 and 9:30. We did make them onboard on Tuesday and could only get 5:30 on Thursday, which was fine. It was excellent! They book up fast. I would make them as soon as you board. Does not matter if you have a mini. We did also. :)

How awesome to know the seating times...ty!! :D So, if you booked on Tuesday, and they gave you Thursday, does that mean you can only book 2 days ahead? If we book when we board, on Friday, will it only be for the seatings through Sunday? We really want to dine Thursday night, but I'd hate to get shut out.

Thanks!

How awesome to know the seating times...ty!! :D So, if you booked on Tuesday, and they gave you Thursday, does that mean you can only book 2 days ahead? If we book when we board, on Friday, will it only be for the seatings through Sunday? We really want to dine Thursday night, but I'd hate to get shut out.

Thanks!

No, we decided to try it on Tuesday and were lucky enough to get a spot on the last night. If you want a certain day, book as soon as you get on.

Archived