End of Coffee Card as we know it!

casavaha

We just booked our first Princess cruise on the Emerald since the new coffee card policy was instituted. I've skimmed thru this thread but still not sure how it actually works.

We have a few coffee cards, some with punches out and a couple of brand new ones. If I understand it correctly, I can use my "punched out" cards for anything but brewed coffee.

If I use one of the brand new cards for only brewed coffee, they will stamp it or something for only the cruise I'm on?

Do I have this right? Hopefully someone who has actually experienced the new policy will clear this up for me.

Many thanks.

We just booked our first Princess cruise on the Emerald since the new coffee card policy was instituted. I've skimmed thru this thread but still not sure how it actually works.

We have a few coffee cards, some with punches out and a couple of brand new ones. If I understand it correctly, I can use my "punched out" cards for anything but brewed coffee.

If I use one of the brand new cards for only brewed coffee, they will stamp it or something for only the cruise I'm on?

Do I have this right? Hopefully someone who has actually experienced the new policy will clear this up for me.

Many thanks.

You can use your old cards for punched out drinks only. No old card can be used for brewed coffee. If you want, you can exchange a brand new one for one of theirs, but it will only be good for that cruise. Depending on length of cruise, you might be better off just using the old cards until they die and just pay for fresh brewed.

I just got off two weeks on the Grand yesterday and that's how it works.

You can use your old cards for punched out drinks only. No old card can be used for brewed coffee. If you want, you can exchange a brand new one for one of theirs, but it will only be good for that cruise. Depending on length of cruise, you might be better off just using the old cards until they die and just pay for fresh brewed.

I just got off two weeks on the Grand yesterday and that's how it works.

We were on Ruby last month and had several old cards that were unpunched and one card with a few punches left.We could use the card for either specialty or regular brewed coffee with 1punch being taken for either option.The only thing different was that the brewed coffee was treated the same as the others and was not unlimited like the new dated cards.

We are on the Golden and I was just getting a cup of coffee, when the server told me

my card would be no good after Jan, 2012.

I will be on the Golden to Hawaii for Christmas, so I hope my card will still be good

till the end of the cruise.

The new cards will have the name of the ship and the cruise #. So you will only be

able to use the card for that cruise.

We did not talk price but I am sure it will not go lower.

Greg

Aboard the Golden Princess off the coast of California.

We were on the Golden in January and purchased a coffee card and on the back was the name of the ship and the cruise #.

Not that I've heard anything about the subject but I suspect they might allow the old cards with unused punches to be used up but not for perked coffee. At least it would provide the all the people to get their money's worth.

This is how it was explained to me last Nov. I have a new card with 2 punches because I used the older cards up first. I get them as gifts each time I cruise from my husband and sons. My card will be good for special coffees but not brewed in Sept./Oct. this year. I will end up getting a new card as I am a big coffee drinker and love my iced lattes. I do use this for decafe after 9:00 PM so a new one for the Golden will be needed.

Laura

Archived