Is it Live or is it Memorex?- Allure of the Seas Review September 18-25 with Pics!

nenner1

Love your review and pictures:) I was wondering if you tried the cupcakes? If so what did you think and your opinion on where to get the best breakfast on board.

I agree with Stags14. The Windjammer had the best variety. We did not make it to Johnny Rockets or the Solarium bistro for breakfast, though.

Jen and the kids did try the cupcakes. .......spoiler alert............

They loved them!!! I'll leave it to her to tell the story.;)

Ron

Yay, another great installment!

Dh doesn't like Starbucks, where is the next best place to get decent coffee (hopefully free)?

Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, The Boardwalk Donuts and probably a few other spots had Seattles Best coffee for free. I really did not like it all that much, although it was pretty strong. I had to add a bunch of milk to it in order to enjoy it. I actually enjoyed the coffee that they served in Windjammer and the MDR. I'm not sure if it was different coffee or not, but for some reason I liked it more.

Ron

Just a question in regard to the adventure ocean DECT phone, I am traveling with my kids and my cousin is traveling with her kids on Oct 23rd. If we both have kids signed up for Adventure Ocean and had phones, would we be able to contact each other through those phones on the ship?

We only got one phone and did not try to call anyone on it, but from what I've read in the past you can.

Ron

We only got one phone and did not try to call anyone on it, but from what I've read in the past you can.

Ron

We had the phones on Oasis and we were able to call each other with no problem. It can be used pretty much like a regular phone. We could call anywhere on the ship and anyone else who had the phones. It was fantastic. We got ours from Guest services. I believe they were about $25 each for the week.

Pabrett46

What are the ages for the children that have to get a wristband for their life boat station at pier check-in?

I think it's 12 and under (or just under 12)

My kids hated them and used to take them off. They had them reapplied anytime they used Adventure Ocean (which wasn't very often) and then took them off again after leaving. lol

Great review and nice photos!

Please post more photos.

Still got to wait 5 weeks until I get onboard the Allure, can't wait for my two weeks onboard.

Christopher how are ya?

What's it been - a year since the Big O?

How are you doing?

I see you are heading out again! Good for you. Is your Dad with you again? Please tell him I said hi and enjoy your cruise.

Glenn

Great review!!!!

Love the pics! I am still shooting with an S3IS, it is an awesome camera. I will be lost when it gives me it's last shutter click:(. At that point, I will upgrade to a DSLR.

ETA: I am a DISer too!!!

I hear you about the camera! We are holding out hope that it may come back to life. It did turn back on once onboard but it was acting strange. We thought maybe if it just dried out a little more that it might be OK. I haven't tried it yet since returning home, but that would be great!

Viva la Dis! ;) Thanks so much for reading!

Great review!

I was so bummed that other whirlpool was closed all week.

Thanks for the compliment! I agree we were bummed about the whirlpool too! Our room was right underneath that area though and even though they were doing some pretty noisy sanding and full on construction type work we never heard it below!:)

Enjoying your pictures. Thanks for all the hard work.

Thank so much for reading! :)

A most awesome review in the making!

I'm entertaining ways to include my GF's daughter on our vacations soon and Allure is high on the list.

Thanks so much for stopping by! You won't regret it if you decide to go on Allure, she is just so amazing!:)

What a great review and too bad you

had to replace this camera - the pictures are great! Thanks!

Aw, yes I agree about the camera! :o Thanks so much for the compliments and for reading!

Love your family pics! Thanks for sharing.

Sharon

Thank You for reading Sharon! :)

Love your review keep it coming.

Thanks! So glad you are enjoying it!:)

Awesome definitely looking forward to it!

:)

Love the review so far. What is the sports bar on Allure? We will be on her on this Sunday!

No real sports bar that I saw...I think we saw everything. The football games (the one that is on that weird ESPN channel that they have onboard, I don't know if it is an ESPN international or just a satellite version or what, but it isn't the normal ESPN) do seem to play al lover the ship when a game is on. Like on the screens in the whirlpools even, on the screens outside (and inside On Air). Actually we did not go see the Viking Crown, not sure if they have TV's in there but if they do I'd bet football would be on in there too! Have an amazing cruise!!:)

Enjoying the review so far! :D

Thanks so much, I'm glad you are enjoying it!:)

This review is amazing! Rita's Fiesta looks so fun!

Thanks! It really was a blast! Worth every penny!:)

Thanks for the great detailed review and the wonderful photos! I really appreciate your taking the time!

Thank you so much for reading! :)

Lovin your review, Jen! Still laughing at the bathroom trash can miss ;).

I'm going on Allure again in February - this time we are taking our kids. They will be 12, 8 and 3 - can't wait! Looking forward to reading about your experience with AO an other kid activities.

Thx again for taking the time and effort to post. :)

Hi there Michele, I'm glad you found me! :) Hopefully i've got some info you will find useful! I know you are so looking forward to your fmaily finally getting to experience Allure! February will be here before you know it!!!:D

Great review! I'm looking forward to reading more!!

Thanks! I'm trying to get more up ASAP- we have a busy evening tonight though!;)

Great idea to get in early Saturday and watch Oasis leave. Next time I'll consider doing that.

Thanks for reading Bill! Going to see Oasis was really cool and totally amped up the excitement!!! :D

Great review and wonderful pictures, thank you very much for posting! :) Can't wait to go to Allure in Dec.

You're very welcome, I'm glad you are finding it useful! December is RIGHT around the corner!!!

:D

The suspense is killing me. I want more! Can't wait to read the next installment.

LOL! I'm so glad you like it so much! I'm trying to get it up as fast as I can but the last few days I've been quite busy! :)

Can't wait for the next installment!!! I have been checking this thread since I woke up!!! Come on....we are dying.

LOL,, please don't die on me!:p I will have the rest of Day 2 up sometime today or tonight and more tomorrow!!! Thanks for reading!

Do you need to pre-register online for Adventure Ocean? Where online did you go to do that?

Love the review, looking forward to hearing the rest!

Laurie

I think Jen got mixed up with our Disney Cruises on this one. :o I was the one who handled the on-line check in and I'm pretty sure we didn't have a pre-register opportunity for the kid's club on-line. They do have sports waivers for flowrider, zip-line, rock wall climbing and ice skating and I did those for the kids. This is probably where Jen got confused. :confused:

Ron

Sorry Laurie! I didn't mean to confuse you! Ron is right, I was just thinking about the online check in process. AO does pull all of your information from that form you fill out online so the sheet you fill out when you actually go register a the club is nominal information wise! :)

Thanks so much for reading!!!

Very nice- You guys are high energy for sure. I need a nap just followering your 1st day;)

Oh yeah, I need a nap just writing about it! :D LOL, Thanks so much for reading!

awesome review!! more more more!!

also do you remember how to get to that spot where you watched the oasis sailaway?

did you park at the residential neighbourhood? or closer to sheraton beach hotel?

Thanks so much for reading, Mr.jdm! :)

We parked in the residential neighborhood. The names of the streets that I remember were Ocean Drive- which I think...I think is the road we parked on. There was also Barbara (rr?ln?dr?) I'm so sorry I didn't pay closer attention, but it was definitely in the area of the waterfront condos that face the channel. there were two ways into the neighborhood- a gated access right near the gas station there (A Hess I think), and if you drive a little futher you can enter the neighborhood at a cross street right past or at the bend in A1A. I wish I had better directions to give but we were just kindof poking around and happened on the parking areas.

It was so worth the effort to get out there though! Fun! :)

WOW! GREAT review of your cruise on Allure. Love the photos.

Just when I thought I collected all the information possible about the Allure, you come along and give me more info. Thank you! Can't wait to read more.

Woo hoo! So glad it is useful for you! Thanks so much for reading!:)

Just a question in regard to the adventure ocean DECT phone, I am traveling with my kids and my cousin is traveling with her kids on Oct 23rd. If we both have kids signed up for Adventure Ocean and had phones, would we be able to contact each other through those phones on the ship?

Yes, I definitely think that would work! :D The phones all come with a little 5 digit phone number- it is on a sticker right on the phone. So all you would need to know is her "phone" number! We only had to use ours once, but it did work well onboard!

Thanks so much for reading!!:)