WiFi Service

CaroleV

Just so you are aware....we are just off Silhouette last Tuesday. Internet usage was the ONLY negative on the cruise. Didn't really matter to us but it did to others. The service was down more than up and from what I understand trying to use the wifi even more difficult. Since none of the ILounge employees seemed to have any idea what the problem was I would not necessarily anticipate it getting a lot better... If all you want is to check emails(which is all we wanted) you should be okay if you can wait hours sometimes to do so.... just so you know... but perhaps it will be better for you by November...

oh..and if Elite you get 99 free minutes...if both in cabin are Elite you both get 99...

You won't get reception on the balcony. You might not even get good reception in your cabin. You can pay per minute or purchase a package of minutes, at a reduced rate. Elites get 90 minutes free, but with how slow the Internet is, you use that up pretty fast.

You won't get reception on the balcony. You might not even get good reception in your cabin. You can pay per minute or purchase a package of minutes, at a reduced rate. Elites get 90 minutes free, but with how slow the Internet is, you use that up pretty fast.

We have never used our free elite minutes up and we check/send mail every day. The key is to be set up in advance of your cruise to download all your mail to outlook (or equivalent) and then sign off. Read your mail, write new notes, respond and then either sign back on to send them or they will go out the next day when you check your mail.

If you decide to read the news, check the weather, look up your stock portfolio, a stock at a time, you will eat up minutes pretty quickly. I update quicken every so often but usually I wait for an internet friendly port and take my little computer to an internet cafe...which I've found by using my iphone as a wifi finder. I often can also do quick checks of mail/news/finance/.... just walking around towns if I stumble on open wifi.

Finally and very important, set up a special trip mail account to make sure that your usual "junk" mail doesn't get sent to the ship...you can check that out from an internet cafe.

Archived