Big Guys on Waterslides

parrothead74

How big was the biggest person you have seen do the waterslides? I always want to try them but I think I may slow down or get stuck 1/2 way down and then the next slider will come barrelling down and kick the back of my head. I'm not like 400lbs or anything, but I do buy my pants in the big guy dept of JC Penney :)

How big was the biggest person you have seen do the waterslides? I always want to try them but I think I may slow down or get stuck 1/2 way down and then the next slider will come barrelling down and kick the back of my head. I'm not like 400lbs or anything, but I do buy my pants in the big guy dept of JC Penney :)

I was 330 on my 1st cruise and I zipped down that slide.

Like Nike says..... "Just do it"!!!

It took me several cruises before I ever rode the slide. Now it is on my Do Not Miss list. I too buy my clothes in the Big Boy Dept. Tip the scales close to 300 and 6'2". The person at the top will not let any one go until the slide is clear so no worries about getting zapped in the head.

One tip I can give you (from one of the monitors at the top of the slide). For the most speed, Arch your back. I go down with just my feet and my shoulders touching the slide. That is the fastest way to go!!!

Enjoy your cruise and ride the slide MULTIPLE times!!!

i border 250, and have seen bigger than me.

but the heavier you are, the more skin needs to be in contact with the slide, or you will stick.

but watch out. you then become a bullit on certain slides. i actually hydroplaned once, and hurt myself!

i border 250, and have seen bigger than me.

but the heavier you are, the more skin needs to be in contact with the slide, or you will stick.

but watch out. you then become a bullit on certain slides. i actually hydroplaned once, and hurt myself!

I noticed that if you have a shirt on it slows you down a lot. Like H82seaUgo said, the bigger you are + the more skin in contact = woosh! I'm 240 and I flew down the one on the Conquest until did it with a shirt on one time... I got stuck like Homer Simpson at H2Whoa! :o

My husband is around 300 lbs. We like to stay on the ship on port days. Once we were there at the pool with a group of older ladies. One of them said that she wished the "fat" boy would quit going down the slide. He was the only one using the slide. Maybe she wanted to use it.

My husband is around 300 lbs. We like to stay on the ship on port days. Once we were there at the pool with a group of older ladies. One of them said that she wished the "fat" boy would quit going down the slide. He was the only one using the slide. Maybe she wanted to use it.

I don't generally let anyone ruin my good time. People can be such killjoys.

Hi:

My DH is 6ft, 195 lbs went down the slide - back arched - up on his heels- slammed right into the end. He banged up his ankle a bit - but was back on the slide the next day. Definately try it before you go as fast as you can! The slides are a lot of fun.

How good/bad are the jointed seams on the slides. I've been at some waterparks where the seams are like speedbumps and your shoulderblades take some abuse. Just curious.

The only time I had any problem, was on the Dream on the Drainpipe. There seems to be something in a couple of places that can scratch up your skin on your back. I didn't have that problem on the Twister or on any other slide on any of the ships I have been on. My son said it felt it too.

Sharon

I would have said, well if you want that to happen you will have to pay for our next cruise!

You paid to get on that boat, bet your tail im gonna use the water slide and everything else i can!

My husband is 215 and had no problems at all. He had a awesome time he said. Hes a big kid anyways!

6'4" -- 280# No problem!

Archived