Royal Family Suite on Mariner

Just took advantage of the WOW sale and booked the Royal Family Suite on the Mariner out of Galveston in March 2013. There are seven of us staying in the room. I would like to here the pros and cons of this suite and any thoughts on the Mariner.

We've had the RFS on Voyager, same class ship, so I think they will be the same. The drop-down pullmans are in the 2nd, smaller bedroom - not the master.

The master bedroom is larger and has a connecting bigger bathroom with tub. The 2nd bedroom is smaller and sleeps 4 with the pullmans. The 2nd bath is a standard cabin bath, it opens from the hallway and is across the hall from the 2nd bedroom. There is also a huge walk-in closet off the hallway, plus both bedrooms have closets as well.

The living room area has a sleeper sofa and a couple of living room type chairs, plus there is a table and chairs suitable for dining. There is barware, so if you order wine in your suite, you'll have plenty of glasses.

Undoubtedly the best part is the HUGE aft balcony! Ours had 2 loungers and a table with 6 chairs which was great for eating room service meals on the balcony. Enjoy!!!

Ah, the Royal Family Suite, I envy ya'll.Agree with previous comments and can only add: how come no one ever asks me about my cabin in the : rowing section. While crowded with sweaty men, women and children who are poorly dressed and ill fed,,, the comraderie is great...row row row

We've had the RFS on Voyager, same class ship, so I think they will be the same. The drop-down pullmans are in the 2nd, smaller bedroom - not the master.

The master bedroom is larger and has a connecting bigger bathroom with tub. The 2nd bedroom is smaller and sleeps 4 with the pullmans. The 2nd bath is a standard cabin bath, it opens from the hallway and is across the hall from the 2nd bedroom. There is also a huge walk-in closet off the hallway, plus both bedrooms have closets as well.

The living room area has a sleeper sofa and a couple of living room type chairs, plus there is a table and chairs suitable for dining. There is barware, so if you order wine in your suite, you'll have plenty of glasses.

Undoubtedly the best part is the HUGE aft balcony! Ours had 2 loungers and a table with 6 chairs which was great for eating room service meals on the balcony. Enjoy!!!

I have this room in November. Any balcony soot problems??

Ah, the Royal Family Suite, I envy ya'll.Agree with previous comments and can only add: how come no one ever asks me about my cabin in the : rowing section. While crowded with sweaty men, women and children who are poorly dressed and ill fed,,, the comraderie is great...row row row

LOL - I love it !

g

We were in 9694, and we didn't have any soot problems. I think we would have noticed because we used the balcony a LOT!:)

Same room for me too!!!:D I'm glad to hear you had no problems. I've seen pictures of folks who have and it made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end!!! lol

Some also complain of the long hall walk but from the diagram-it does not seem bad at all.

You will get some exercise going to and from the elevators, but that's not really such a bad thing on a cruise, right?;) We weren't bothered by that distance really, other than the fact that it takes a little longer to get places from the aft location.

We had room 8394 a few year ago and had lots of soot. So much that before we could go outside everything had to be wiped down. It was great to have lage balcony but hard to use. I think it depends on how the wind is blowing!

Master bed room and very comfy. The second room does have the pull outs and think inside cabin. It was fine. The sofa was VERY uncomfortable!

We were 7 in the room and never felt crowded. I would do it again!

Thanks for all the great information from everyone. When I priced out the 3 individual balcony rooms vs the RFS it worked about to be just a little more money person for the RFS. Plus with the perks, everyone was for the idea of on big room with the large balcony.

You will get some exercise going to and from the elevators, but that's not really such a bad thing on a cruise, right?;) We weren't bothered by that distance really, other than the fact that it takes a little longer to get places from the aft location.

When you leave the cabin, say to your family, "We're in for the long hall."

(So I like puns. Sue me. :p)

Should be similar to this one on the Explorer of the Seas (another Voyager class ship).

haha..that's my video..thanks for linking it..( incidentally, i attempted to edit it down...not sure how it turned out, had to wing it since the original is gone!:eek::D)

the pullman beds are not in the master, they are in the 2nd, windowless bedroom, and they were in the ceiling IIRC

it MAY be a little smushy....i wouldn't put 8 in there....4 will be in the small bedroom, 2 in the master and 2 on the sofa bed.

there MAY be soot if they fire up/test the emergency generator...for MAYBE 15 minutes...and you'll hear an announcement (you should anyway.) our clothes smelled a little smokey..they cleaned them for us for free. (they never said that there'd be lots of yuckiness when the generator went on..learned the hard way. TRIED to leave the balcony as i thought something would be nutty, but it happened too fast...)

we got this for mom and i when i booked a suite guarantee!!! LOVED all the closet space (75% of it was in the master...) it was really cool.

the balcony is huge, but you will be able to see down to balconies below, and peeps above will see you. in fact the people below us said they were going to have a gathering before late dinner, it might be a little noisy and that we were invited..and the noise would end around 8:30. well....i didn't go, there was noise and it ended about 8:35..so i give thanks to the family for warning us and inviting us..(that's the way to NOT annoy your neighbors..warn them and invite them!) I even told the people the next day when they asked if we were disturbed..i said no, you told us, and kept your word. (but i digress...)

it was a great cabin...kind of a haul to the elevators, but really it was great fun!

enjoy your cruise

Archived