Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

The quality was good on a few and what I thought just fair on others. I won them at very good prices and figured I could sell them around prom time for what I gave for them, so no big deal.....a few of them looked like the pictures....others, to me, did not.....I won't order from them again because of the sizing difference......

Thanks again for the info. I went in to order the dress that "Sherrie" ordered & it's no longer available in my size!! :eek: I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I'm going to keep checking to see if they get any more!

Just wondering if anyone has ever bought from Addie_star on eBay and how the quality, sizing, shipping time was. I really like this dress but can't decide weather to try it out or not and which color.

I figure I can't go wrong w black, I love blue but have another blue formal dress, and sort of want to try red out.

Oh and I'm a size 8 5'7 avg/athletic build w long medium-blonde hair and blue eyes. Skin tone is not very tan but not totally pale either.

It's so hard to imagine a dress on me when they have them on size 0 models but unfortunately they haven't figured out a way to let me try clothes in through eBay before buying lol. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347881828.225910.jpg.47d2554a8657a9baa9b4534696ab7a5d.jpg

Suggestions?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347881795.196162.jpg.5ea5cfd8f9177c14a04c1ed9363dfce8.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347881816.428429.jpg.4076b035bc827165a4eefe9b4b0f7fc9.jpg

Dresses worn on last cruise Aug/Sept 2012....to Holland, England, Scotland, Norway & Denmark....Holland America....2 week cruise....4 "formal nights".....didn't get one of all 4 nights

profilepics3.jpg

profilepics1.jpg

another picture of the same white dress

100_1734.jpg

This dress was worn when my friend and I went to eat at the Pinnacle Grill on Le Cirque night

100_1801.jpg

Almost like the white dress....just worn one night to supper

20120903_172213.jpg

Better picture

100_1795.jpg

Edited by arhillbilly

Hello Everyone! We are leaving in less than 40 days and I finally decided upon my 2 formal dresses. It has been such great fun lurking here and checking out all of the pretty dresses. I have recently lost 40+ lbs so for the first time it was also fun trying on and buying dresses as in the past it was something I hated to do. For now, these are the pics from the websites but will try to get pics of myself in them although they need a bit of altering.

Question on the blue one - I am thinking of shortening it to tea-length if it is even still called that. What do you all think?

I'm not sure about shortening that to a tea length, especially with the slit on the side, I think it would change the overall look of the dress and might look a little off, but that's JMHO.

Hello Everyone! We are leaving in less than 40 days and I finally decided upon my 2 formal dresses. It has been such great fun lurking here and checking out all of the pretty dresses. I have recently lost 40+ lbs so for the first time it was also fun trying on and buying dresses as in the past it was something I hated to do. For now, these are the pics from the websites but will try to get pics of myself in them although they need a bit of altering.

Question on the blue one - I am thinking of shortening it to tea-length if it is even still called that. What do you all think?

I love that short dress. Where did you purchase that from again?

I bought the short red one online from David's Bridal but it didn't quite fit so I went to the store to see if the next size would fit. It did! But they didn't have the red so I returned the one I bought and ordered the next size up. While I was in the store I tried on the long blue one and really liked it so bought that for the second formal night. Now I am waiting on some sparkly shoes I ordered that I hope will go with both!

It seems the consensus is that I should leave the blue one long so I'll wait and see once I get the shoes.

Love all the other dresses - can't wait to see all the pretty outfits on the cruise!

I really like the red dress. It compliments your hair and skin tone so nicely.

Red is my moms favorite color and I envy people that can wear red. I wish I could.

Gerry

Thank you. I had to let my hair "grow out" of the red dye job so I could wear it

May I ask where you got the red dress, I LOVE it. You look really pretty in all the pics!

Thank you.....Most all my dresses come from Ross Dress for Less....I LOVE ROSS. That dress was only $13.99

I wish I could find something at Ross. I was in there last week, and they had nothing in my size at all. They did have a lot of really cute dresses in the smaller sizes. I will keep trying. I would love to get a bargain.

Definitely keep looking. I always find dresses there in sizes from 16-22 (Not sure what size you are, but you said you found lots of smaller sizes). One of the dresses I wore on my cruise a few weeks ago was from Ross and I got a lot of compliments on it!

Oh, I got 2 new non formal dresses this week! Striped one is a sweater dress from Old Navy, leopard print is jersey knit from Talbots outlet and looks much better on than in the picture. On second thought, I'm not sure the leopard print picture is my exact dress, but it's similar.

girls-striped-tie-belt-sweater-dresses-gray-stripe.jpg

$%28KGrHqJ,%21o4E-v4hq4QHBPzQrtBq3%21%7E%7E60_57.JPG

LOVE the leopard one!

I wish I could find something at Ross. I was in there last week, and they had nothing in my size at all. They did have a lot of really cute dresses in the smaller sizes. I will keep trying. I would love to get a bargain.

One thing I have noticed about Ross (might be this way everywhere, but since I usually, at least lately, just buy from Ross, I'm not sure) is that you can't really go by sizes......I can wear anything from a 1X up to a 3X and it look good....anything from a size 16 up to a size 22 and still be ok.....

What size do you think you wear? How tall are you? What color is your hair? Skin tone? Age? What are you looking for? Long or short? Dressy or casual?

I will go by a Ross in the next couple of days and will stop....can't go by one and not stop since the nearest one is 150 miles away from me. If you can receive pictures on your phone, and you want to message me your phone number, I will look and see what I can find and send you the info from my phone. Then if you want it, I can buy it and send it to you, if the cost plus the postage would still be a bargain.

Edited by arhillbilly

I love this shade of green, it should go well with my pale tone and auburn hair. I also love that you can change the style, but I worry how well it works. It seems to me that the kind of material it is would just roll up and down and lose it's shape. I can take a wild guess that as a plus size I would definitely. Need a pair of spanx.

Anyone have experience?

AnastasiaMaxiGreen947.jpg

Well, it was $10 cheaper the other day and pay day came so I decided to take a chance on it. I'll report back when I get it.

One thing I have noticed about Ross (might be this way everywhere, but since I usually, at least lately, just buy from Ross, I'm not sure) is that you can't really go by sizes......I can wear anything from a 1X up to a 3X and it look good....anything from a size 16 up to a size 22 and still be ok.....

What size do you think you wear? How tall are you? What color is your hair? Skin tone? Age? What are you looking for? Long or short? Dressy or casual?

I will go by a Ross in the next couple of days and will stop....can't go by one and not stop since the nearest one is 150 miles away from me. If you can receive pictures on your phone, and you want to message me your phone number, I will look and see what I can find and send you the info from my phone. Then if you want it, I can buy it and send it to you, if the cost plus the postage would still be a bargain.

I swear! Cruising women are the nicest people!!! What a sweet thing to offer Arhillbilly!:)

The size will depend on the cut probably. It should be about an 18, I am 5'4". I was looking for a formal type dress, preferably long as DH will be in a tux. The larger sizes, over 14 were picked over, and almost non-existent. That was my first time in Ross for awhile so I will keep looking.

Oh, to answer your other questions, I am late 60's, white haired and right now have a tan. I would love to find a dress in royal blue, burgundy or even black.

Thanks,J

The size will depend on the cut probably. It should be about an 18, I am 5'4". I was looking for a formal type dress, preferably long as DH will be in a tux. The larger sizes, over 14 were picked over, and almost non-existent. That was my first time in Ross for awhile so I will keep looking.

Oh, to answer your other questions, I am late 60's, white haired and right now have a tan. I would love to find a dress in royal blue, burgundy or even black.

Thanks,J

Does your cell phone accept pictures? If so, I need your number and I can send you a picture of any that I find....also....what is your bust measurement....I normally wear a size 18 altho I am 5'6" so a little taller than you...if your bust size is close to mine, then I can get an idea of if it would fit....I also have a royal blue long dress here at home that I bought at Goodwill (paid 17.99 for it)....my friends tell me that it is "to old" for me...I will be 55 in Dec....it's a beautiful dress....If I can't find something, I could send that one to you....

Thank you for the offer. I have small boobs, only a B cup and no butt. My weight is in my belly, so a dress that fits in the waist is big in the bust. I have a terrible time getting fitted because my measurements are really out of proportion. I did get a dress not too long ago that is a 16W. They are hard to find in the stores. I really need to try on alot of dresses to find a consistency.

Just my sad tale of woe. :(

Thank you for the offer. I have small boobs, only a B cup and no butt. My weight is in my belly, so a dress that fits in the waist is big in the bust. I have a terrible time getting fitted because my measurements are really out of proportion. I did get a dress not too long ago that is a 16W. They are hard to find in the stores. I really need to try on alot of dresses to find a consistency.

Just my sad tale of woe. :(

Ok, B cup....what size? Still need a number if I am going to send you pictures. Will be leaving about 10am tomorrow morning....can always check on way back home 2 weeks from now