Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Having an old fashioned sense of style, I find a great number of my cruise fashions on ebay. This is a gown I just acquired. I think I may take a Cunard cruise later in the year, and Cunard is well suited to ball gowns, which I would call this! It's very unusual, and I feel like a Princess in it. It has lots of tulle layers in the skirt which makes it nice and full. Cunard has a "Masquerade ball" on some of their transatlantic cruises.....so I'm looking for a mardi gras type mask with lavender feathers.

The bodice is pale lavender satin, the skirt is a darker lavender. It has pearls and sequin trim on the applique. I've never seen anything like it before.

Jane

(If you click on the picture, you can see it a little better, but I could not figure how to make the photo any larger!)

gown.jpg.be81a691bcdf45a10cbdf23248c40669.jpg

Edited by SantaAna,CA

Having an old fashioned sense of style, I find a great number of my cruise fashions on ebay. This is a gown I just acquired. I think I may take a Cunard cruise later in the year, and Cunard is well suited to ball gowns, which I would call this! It's very unusual, and I feel like a Princess in it. It has lots of tulle layers in the skirt which makes it nice and full. Cunard has a "Masquerade ball" on some of their transatlantic cruises.....so I'm looking for a mardi gras type mask with lavender feathers.

The bodice is pale lavender satin, the skirt is a darker lavender. It has pearls and sequin trim on the applique. I've never seen anything like it before.

Jane

(If you click on the picture, you can see it a little better, but I could not figure how to make the photo any larger!)

I think your dress is lovely Jane.

SantaAna: Very pretty !

I found a pair of the chiffon pants I asked about today ! I immediately thought, "Oh, I've got to go home & tell my cruise critic peeps".

They had it paired with a pale pink lace top, elastic waist/blouses over and fringe around the hem. It has shiny silver threads. If I can get a picture, I'll post it. I won't wear it formal night, but definitely to the dining room one evening.

SantaAna: Very pretty !

I found a pair of the chiffon pants I asked about today ! I immediately thought, "Oh, I've got to go home & tell my cruise critic peeps".

They had it paired with a pale pink lace top, elastic waist/blouses over and fringe around the hem. It has shiny silver threads. If I can get a picture, I'll post it. I won't wear it formal night, but definitely to the dining room one evening.

Post it - I wanna see!!

Jane

That is some lovely old-fashioned glam, and I love your idea of using it for a masquerade ball. Bet there's a story behind that dress!

Hi, I was going through some of my pictures (the memories of past

cruises are always fun:D) and thought I would post some photos......

This is a teal top and black skirt I wore on an Alaskan cruise.......

677527963_a793f2d7e2_b.jpg

Edited by Lois R

This was another formal night and I was in Alaska...the dress is

black sleeveless.....velvet. Yes, velvet;).....the teal scarf is silk blend.

2887900425_5447d579e6_b.jpg

My cruise isn't until June but I am already starting to plan...well everything! These are dresses that I have in my closet for formal nights but if I find a new one I like I may get it because what better reason to buy a new dress than a cruise?

This one was my senior prom dress. Needs some bead repair and a good pressing but it still fits fairly well.

IMG298_zps0cc9dab8.jpgIMG299_zps6a708324.jpg

This one I wore to my friends military ball my junior year. It's a bit harder to fit into but if I replace the fat in my stomach with muscle like I'm planning to it'll fit great.

IMG295_zpsd6cc329e.jpgIMG297_zps87365f45.jpg

This one I bought in October for a Masquerade party.

IMG294_zps1a5f81ea.jpg

These are 2 friends and we went to dinner together.:) I got my evenings mixed up.

I found another picture with all our tablemates.

4316467758_d1bb6e1bf8_b.jpg

Edited by Lois R

My cruise isn't until June but I am already starting to plan...well everything! These are dresses that I have in my closet for formal nights but if I find a new one I like I may get it because what better reason to buy a new dress than a cruise?

This one was my senior prom dress. Needs some bead repair and a good pressing but it still fits fairly well.

IMG298_zps0cc9dab8.jpgIMG299_zps6a708324.jpg

This one I wore to my friends military ball my junior year. It's a bit harder to fit into but if I replace the fat in my stomach with muscle like I'm planning to it'll fit great.

IMG295_zpsd6cc329e.jpgIMG297_zps87365f45.jpg

This one I bought in October for a Masquerade party.

IMG294_zps1a5f81ea.jpg

The yellow and blue dresses are very pretty.

KGrHqNHJEwFERuY949CBRFH4OcQSw60_1_zpsa7f21579.jpg

My dress arrived & I love it! I haven't tried it on yet, but will post a picture when I do. Can't believe it got here so fast. :D

Judy,

So glad you like it....I just know it will look amazing on you.:) I haven't recieved the black one yet, but I understand it has been shipped. Should be here soon....:)