Priceline Vancouver

SEPyle

Last night I put in a bid for a 4* property. I want to let everyone know that there's a 4* in Burnaby. So if you're looking for a downtown Vancouver hotel, don't include the option for Burnaby.

When I put in a bid two months ago I received two rooms at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Vancouver, adding one area at a time, including Burnaby. Last night when I added Burnaby, the bid for $60/Hilton was accepted. Not quite what we wanted since it's 7.5 miles from the Hyatt, but that's what Priceline is all about.

Sharon

I had read the biddingfortravel.com site extensively on this issue and even took notes! The info I came up with is that the only zones in Vancouver that do NOT have 4* accomodations are Delta, Surrey and Langely. Is this correct? I'm still waiting on finalizing air plans before bidding for one night in September. It looks like 90% of the bidders get the Hyatt Regency.

I had read the biddingfortravel.com site extensively on this issue and even took notes! The info I came up with is that the only zones in Vancouver that do NOT have 4* accomodations are Delta, Surrey and Langely. Is this correct? I'm still waiting on finalizing air plans before bidding for one night in September. It looks like 90% of the bidders get the Hyatt Regency.

Yes,you are correct those are the free rebid zones for 4* in VAC. I love Biddingfortravel and betterbidding they really take the guesswork out of dealing with priceline. Thought I would post the biddingfortravel hotel list for vac, if anyone was interested.

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm210.showMessage?topicID=98.topic

Started at $75 and went up to $89 for 7/23/05. Hotwire has **** in the $140 range. My DH is going to talk to some friends that have been in Vancouver and see what else we might be able to get!

If we keep it under $125 I would be happy!

Jacquelyn :D

I booked our May cruise in October of last year. At that time, I thought about waiting to bid on Priceline for our pre-cruise hotel room. But, I went ahead and got the Hyatt for $50. I was lucky I booked at that time, because it appears as if the rates, even for Priceline, have gone up!!

Don't trust Biddingfotravel.com's listing for the quality (star level) of hotels in a certain area. They constantly stress this in their FAQ. The way to find out if a certain region has a 4-star hotel bidding category or not is to select that area only on priceline.com before bidding -- check each area individually and take notes on which areas have what star levels. You may be caught by an unfortuate surprise if you use BFT's listing for star levels!

Vancouver areas that HAVE 4* listed (i.e. not a safe re-bid) (as of April 2, 2005):

Coquitlam-Burnaby

Vancouver

Vancouver Airport

Areas that DO NOT have 4*:

Delta (1* and 2* only -- a safe rebid for 3 and 4*)

Langley (1* and 2* only as Delta above)

Surrey (1*, 2*, and 3* - safe rebid for 4* only)

I.e. you have three rebid zones (Delta, Langley, and Surrey) for your dates. And, I cannot stress this enough:

CHECK EACH OF THESE REBID ZONES BEFORE YOU BID!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your stay!

-bb123

I just won a bid on Priceline for the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Center for $80/night over the Memorial Day weekend. I hope it is a nice hotel. It is only .9 miles from Canada Place, and it looks nice, so I'm happy. I thought we'd get the Hyatt, but the Sheraton is OK.

Don't trust Biddingfotravel.com's listing for the quality (star level) of hotels in a certain area. They constantly stress this in their FAQ.

I thought Burnaby has been listed as a 4 star for quite awhile on Biddingfortravel.

Remember, these sites are only good if people participate in sharing their winning bids. If you use the site as a reference, post your winnings so that if a new hotel shows up, their list can be updated. They are very good about updating their list when they are informed of new hotels.

I tried to bid for a 4* In Vancouver for the Friday night of Memorial Day weekend and it took me a week of 4 bids per try starting from $50 to get one accepted. The cheapest I got for one night was $103 for the Sheraton Wall. That price wasn't great, but it was slightly cheaper than their standard web price of $136 for the same date.

I tried Pricline for Anchorage for 2 separate one night stays and gave up when they wouldn't accept an $80 bid on even a 2*. I finally booked Howard Johnson 2* for $96 for the first night. That was the last night of the winter rates and they wanted $169 for the same room 4 nights later!! We got a brand new Marriot Fairfield Suites for $126 corporate rate.

Thanks for the congrats. Y'all are making me feel better about it.

Grafx, it would seem we are traveling the same periods - we'll be on the Coral Princess southbound leaving Whittier May 21. We are flying into Anchorage May 18, and I need a hotel for one night sleeping only as we leave on the 6:45 am RR to Seward the next morning. I was hoping for something cheaper than $96! Yikes!! (We will be crashing after traveling all day from Florida and I know we will not use any facilities except the bed and shower, so was planning on going cheap.) Your experiences aren't encouraging. I'm sorry you had such a tough time and I expect I will as well. Thanks for sharing your experience and preparing me for the worst.

I thought Burnaby has been listed as a 4 star for quite awhile on Biddingfortravel.

Remember, these sites are only good if people participate in sharing their winning bids. If you use the site as a reference, post your winnings so that if a new hotel shows up, their list can be updated. They are very good about updating their list when they are informed of new hotels.

Yes, its been listed on the BFT site for at least 3 years.

Coral - you are right, BFT is a fantastic resource. They have saved me hundreds of dollars on hotel rooms in the past few years! Their hotel list is comprehensive... BUT -- if you read the FAQ on the site, they stress that you cannot trust their hotel list to indicate whether a certain zone has a certain star level -- that's what I meant. They tell you that you have to go to Priceline itself and check each zone... just because BFT's hotel listing has (or doesn't have) a particular star level in a certain zone, done not mean that star level is (or isn't) offered on Priceline. I just don't want anyone to be unpleasantly surprised!

I'm staying at the Hilton in Burnaby. It is right at the Skytrain station....I feel that I will be able to do all the downtown activities without a car. Only paid $60 plus taxes for it..I think it's a good deal. It was bid on Priceline!

Gloria - I didn't realize it was Memorial Day weekend - that is a good price! You did well.

Keep in mind Memorial Day weekend is not a holiday weekend in Canada...

Our May long weekend (Victoria Day) is the one before Memorial day. In 2005, it's May 23rd!

Keep in mind Memorial Day weekend is not a holiday weekend in Canada... Our May long weekend (Victoria Day) is the one before Memorial day. In 2005, it's May 23rd!

I can see a lot of people in the US traveling over the Memorial weekend (one less vacation day needed).

As far as Victoria Day - I was in DT Vancouver last year for that and DT Vancouver was pretty empty.

Archived