anybody get Crown Princess pricing yet?

S.S.Oceanlover

Anybody know if the Crown will be coming to Florida after the summer season in New York? Would love to sail her, but we're not flying to New York to cruise when we live in Florida. Used to live in NJ, worked in NY for 15 years. Had enough of New York to last a lifetime. ;)

Hope she comes to New York for the Winter season maybe doing the opposite sailings of the Caribbean Princess. That would be great. Maybe prices would be more in line with the rest of the fleet then.

From the Port Canaveral website:

PORT CANAVERAL, FL — The new 116,000-ton Crown Princess will call at Port Canaveral next summer when Princess Cruises begins new service from New York to the Caribbean. It will be the first time the cruise line ever has called at Port Canaveral.

“We welcome Princess Cruises’ magnificent vessel to the growing lineup of cruise ships that utilize the beautiful, world-class facilities offered at Port Canaveral” says CEO J. Stanley “Stan” Payne. “This is the first success of the Port’s new vision, upon which we will continue to build. It demonstrates that our commitment to customer service continues to garner the attention of cruise lines and cargo companies who recognize the importance and value of the Central Florida region.”

Passengers who embark in New York for the round-trip Caribbean voyages will be able to spend a day in Brevard and Central Florida.

(http://www.portcanaveral.org/news/press/031105.htm)

It will be the sister to the Caribbean Princess.

Here is the Western Itinerary:

1 New York

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 null (whatever that is - I don't know)

5 Ocho Rios

6 Grand Cayman

7 At Sea

8 null (again!!)

9 At Sea

10 New York

!

First null - Grand Turk

Second null - Port Canaveral

Princess must have just added this - it wasn't there 2 nights ago. I think the 2 days are marked null because they are new ports for Princess and Princess must not have those ports in the system entirely. I liked how the ship is also marked as null when you do the search. Princess may be a great cruise line but they are not very brilliant with computers.

Hi, I'm getting a bit confused, exactly When is the Crown going to Florida? Is it After the 2006 summer season? Or during? I don't understand the "nulls" I'm interested in the Eastern itinerary, and I'm not sure if I'm reading the wrong posts.

As far as I knew.....It was Turks, Bermuda, St Thomas, And San Juan (yuk to that port)

and not saying that was the exact order, but those were the islands.Please catch me up here if there have been any changes. My TA said she cannot give me exact ports or port times as it's too soon to know. Thanks all :)

I am going to book this cruise. I am really excited about it. I did the math and it was not much more per day than the seven day cruise we took four years ago.

I am not a big fan of San Juan but I love the churches there. Our best part of a cruise is being on the water so it works out great for us. We are going to get a minisuite also for our 30th.

I can't wait to get more info as time goes on. We do have to go during the expensive months because I work for a school district, but that is just life.

ooooooh, so "I'm" booking the Eastern, which will still remain San Juan?

OK Either one San Juan or Canaveral.....they can keep em both, just wish they would extend the other islands instead. :(

I wish they would overnight in Bermuda. Bermuda is such a beautiful island and much to do and see. Not enough time to do much for the time scheduled.

June 14, July 11, Aug 16, Sept 12, Oct 18 - 2006

New York

Sea

Sea

Grand Turk 7am - 2pm

Ocho Rios 10am - 5pm

Grand Cayman 7am - 3pm

Sea

Pt Canaveral 7am - 1pm

Sea

New York

July 2, July 29, Aug 7, Sept 3, Sept 30, Oct 9 - 2006

New York

Sea

Sea

Grand Turk 7am - 2pm

San Juan 9am - 6pm

St Thomas 7am - 3pm

Sea

Bermuda 9am - 5pm

Bermuda

New York

June 23, July 20, Aug 25, Sept 21 - 2006

New York

Sea

Bermuda 8am - 5pm

Sea

San Juan 12pm (noon) - 11pm

St Thomas 7am - 4pm

Grand Turk 1pm - 6pm

Sea

Sea

New York

>

West Coast, where did you hear this info? Are you saying that if I sail on July 20 as opposed to July 2nd, I will have 1 pm to 6 pm in Turk instead of the 7am to 2 pm? If that's the case then, for sure I'll go on the 20th! Thanks for the info , let me know anything else you come up with :)

Now that Princess has FINALLY added Crown Princess itineraries, it would be very nice if they would add the prices so we can all stop playing guessing games as to how much the cruise will cost.

West Coast, where did you hear this info? Are you saying that if I sail on July 20 as opposed to July 2nd, I will have 1 pm to 6 pm in Turk instead of the 7am to 2 pm? If that's the case then, for sure I'll go on the 20th! Thanks for the info , let me know anything else you come up with :)

Susie,

These were all taken from the Princess Website.

Click here and take a look - you can figure it out - the Crown Princess trips show the ship as null. You can look at the voyage and the sailing dates from the pull-down boxes.

I recevied the following pricing from a TA <via email> earlier today. So, this goes to show that the prices are slowly starting to trickle out...

note: The purpose of this post is not to invoke many, "Please send me the name of your TA" posts but to give people an idea as to what the pricing for the Crown Princess looks like as it is not yet available in the public domain. Contact your favorite TA for detailed pricing information.

Crown Princess - 7/20/06, 8/7/06

9 night cruise sailing round trip from New York City

Ports include: Bermuda, San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Turk

Inside cabins from $1489 per person

Balcony cabins from $2024 per person

Crown Princess - 8/25/06

Inside cabins from $1289 per person

Balcony cabins from $1824 per person

Crown Princess - 9/3/06, 10/9/06

Inside cabins from $999 per person

Outside cabins from $1149 per person (obstructed)

Balcony cabins from $1399 per person

Crown Princess - 10/18/06

Ports include: Grand Turk, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Port Canaveral

Inside cabins from $999 per person

Outside cabins from $1149 per person (obstructed)

Balcony cabins from $1399 per person

My TA gave me the following prices:

7/29/06

cat. JJ inside $1443pp

cat. FF outside $1634pp

cat. EE outside $1774pp

cat. BC balcony $1889pp

cat. BB balcony $1932pp

cat. BA balcony $1974pp

cat. AC minisuite $2144pp

cat. AD minisuite $2165pp

Amenities: wine and canapés in room

7/20/06

Cat. JJ inside $1443pp

Cat. FF outside $1655pp

Cat. BC balcony $1910pp

Cat. BB balcony $1953pp

Cat. BA balcony $1995pp

Cat. AD & AC minisuite $2165pp

7/11/06

Cat. JJ inside $1370pp

Cat. FF outside $1582pp

Cat. BA balcony $1922pp

Cat. BC balcony $1837pp / person 3 & 4 balcony $1242pp

7/2/06

cat. JJ inside $1443pp

cat. FF outside $1634pp

cat. EE outside $1774pp

cat. BC balcony $1889pp

cat. BB balcony $1932pp

cat. BA balcony $1974pp

cat. AC minisuite $2144pp

cat. AD minisuite $2165pp

Amenities: wine and canapés in room

Personally, I don't think the prices are high when compared to the competition doing 5 and 7 nights from the east coast to Bermuda. Checkout Royal Caribbean and Celebrity from Bayonne for 5 nights and 7 respectively(any dates in July 2005), and you will see that the Crown for 9 nights is not overpriced.

Archived