Hals policy?

lolmerry

Hi,I Am sailing on the zaandam Jan 8th,My o/line t/a told me i would get some paperwork from HAL 90 days before sailing,which is any time now,As iv not sailed with HAL before is this information right,also will they give me my cabin number,or does that come later,what is it they actually send,?

Many thanks to you all for all your info

Hi,I Am sailing on the zaandam Jan 8th,My o/line t/a told me i would get some paperwork from HAL 90 days before sailing,which is any time now,As iv not sailed with HAL before is this information right,also will they give me my cabin number,or does that come later,what is it they actually send,?

Many thanks to you all for all your info

Send you paperwork? Not exactly. You will be able to download your "paperwork" from HAL on line but they're not going to send you anything in the mail. I guess you booked a guarantee since you mentioned getting your cabin number. If that's true you might not know your cabin number until much closer to the cruise, like a couple of weeks or less out from your sailing date.

You won't be able to download your e-docs until about 50 days before sailing, and HAL will email you when that can be done. Of course you have to have your OnLine CheckIn to done first. I'm not sure where the 90 days comes in, as final payments are usually due 75 days before sailing - unless you are on a Grand Voyage.

Prior to being able to access your doc's online with HAL you should also go to "Online Booking" and complete all the information in that section which is necessary for boarding when you leave. At, or around, 50 days you will receive an email from HAL advising that your doc's are available for printing including your luggage tags. Since you are an apparant "guarantee" as mentioned you may not get a room assignment until about 2 weeks out from your sail date. With that in mind you may want to hold off on printing anything out till then.

HAL's site explains everything necessary for your trip, have fun!

Mike

Your TA might need an 'update' as regards HAL's procedures.

HAL used to send travel wallets with cruise contract and documents about 30+ days pre-cruise but stopped that some time ago.

We now have to register on line giving our passport numbers, emergency contact info etc and then receive an e-mail telling us when we can download and print our own documents.

Seeing you are new to HAL, you probably should print it all so you have access to all the information.

Many of us who have sailed HAL for years only print the boarding pass.

You also have to print your own luggage tags OR you can wait until you arrive at the dock and the stevedores will provide them.

Hope you have a great HAL cruise.

Welcome to the HAL section.

Make certain that you have gotten written confirmation from your online TA spelling out everything!!

You will also have to register on HAL's site inorder to get access to everything there.

If after 48 - 72 hours you do not see your reservation on HAL's site -- call back your online TA and ask about it. A good TA will get all your information to HAL right away.

About 50 days before your cruise -- you will get an e-mail from HAL indicating that you can print out your boarding pass. Since You are a first time cruiser with HAL -- print all the pages -- this is also the contract and explains everything. Also print out as many luggage tags as you need.

Enjoy your Asia Exporer cruise.

WOW...one of the things I loved about HAL and the thing I take on all my cruises now is this blue wallet thing w/ deviders that keeps all our docs seperated and organized.

They don't send those out anymore? I assumed they sent them...but it is also the only time i used a TA.

Its been maybe 2/3 yrs since on HAL...but it is something we always bragged about and others envied when they saw us w/ it in line....Was it HAL or TA? Its over? :(

WOW...one of the things I loved about HAL and the thing I take on all my cruises now is this blue wallet thing w/ deviders that keeps all our docs seperated and organized.

They don't send those out anymore? I assumed they sent them...but it is also the only time i used a TA.

Its been maybe 2/3 yrs since on HAL...but it is something we always bragged about and others envied when they saw us w/ it in line....Was it HAL or TA? Its over? :(

Did you hang on to one for future use?

yep...i got mine...but i can tell you the wife will have me paying for another should the time come...lol..

Last cruise I went to looking and couldnt find...next thing you know my closet was emptied and she was headed to the vehs....lol...luckly i sat and pondered...remembered where i saw it... :)

Did you hang on to one for future use?

I almost threw out a few of ours a while ago but couldn't bring myself to throw out anything having my favorite Logo. :o

We also have many of the blue 'pleather' wallets that came before the blue silkie one shown above.

I'm happy we have a 'ga-bunch' from all our cruises. I used to tease my PCC about sending b-to-b docs in two wallets; now I'm happy to have the extras. :)

Archived