Meet and Greet

mew1

Hello, yes I have to agree .. the leis seems to be a good idea. .. where looking for white shirts could go awry.. and did!

Did you recommend an internet site that one could purchase this item.. most of the group that is traveling with us are from the Zydeco crowd.. so it is most possible they will be with "beads"! I was thinking purple or red leis because they are great mardi gras colors and easy to spot;) .. now to find them and figure out cost..? Am I buying for everyone :eek: or do they buy for themselves??

We all bought our own - found them in local party stores. Those that couldn't find orange are just wearing some other color. One place to find inexpensive items like this is Oriental Trading - http://www.orientaltrading.com/otcweb/application?namespace=search&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=button.search&Ntt=leis&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&N=0 , they also have Mardi Gras beads if you need to check them out.

Maybe if you end up buying them yourself everyone can chip in a couple of bucks once you meet to pay for it - or buy you drinks!!! :D

I arranged a meet and greet aboard the Spirit. NCL provided us two rooms and set it up with coffee, OJ and cookies. Our cruise director stopped by to speak with us and answered questions. It was a very nice time and nice to put a face to a screen name.

I arranged a meet and greet aboard the Spirit. NCL provided us two rooms and set it up with coffee, OJ and cookies. Our cruise director stopped by to speak with us and answered questions. It was a very nice time and nice to put a face to a screen name.

Wish all of the other NCL ships were as welcoming as the Spirit. Do you know if it was the Shore Coordinator for the Spirit that had arranged it?

We were not able to get refreshments on the Dream because we were told by the Hotel Director that our shore coordinator, Priscilla Ortega, did not put it on her "order" and that he would have been glad to provided it, but his hands were tied without her written order. :confused:

Wish all of the other NCL ships were as welcoming as the Spirit. Do you know if it was the Shore Coordinator for the Spirit that had arranged it?

We were not able to get refreshments on the Dream because we were told by the Hotel Director that our shore coordinator, Priscilla Ortega, did not put it on her "order" and that he would have been glad to provided it, but his hands were tied without her written order. :confused:

As has been mentioned on this Board before, NCL doesn't have an arrangement with CruiseCritic to hold Meet & Greets on its ships. Therefore, no one should have any expectation that a request to hold a meeting onboard will result in refreshments being served. We did not have them at our recent meeting on the Star, and not once single CC'r there mentioned anything about not having them. We had nothing but praise for the Star personnel for just letting us have a room to meet. We had a fantastic time meeting each other, and because a Latitudes party was being held in just a few minutes near the same location, the Captain, the Hotel Director and the Cruise Director all dropped by to greet us.

Adele

• 1 month later...

Hello Cruise More Often,

just got back to your response and want to thank you again for your wisdom! It stopped me from responding in a negative fashion to my " Ideals" that I thought the NCL corp should go to!

I am .. am very glad to be cruising. To have a Meet N Greet and to have great people like you to steer me away from the shoals!

Found out today that the group that I will be traveling with year after year were told by NCL that we cannot have a t shirt sale or raffle. No Mardi Gras. No Luau..

boo hoo for sure

But I thought what if I tried to get everyone together the night before and we could do most of that then?

cept I found out that as of this writing there are already over 500 in attendance!

Yikes!

now what? any suggestions?

I was going to suggest we all meet at the Rock N Bowl but I dont think it will hold that many people. not sure?

Need some advice for a small group of CC's..Will be on the Crown Nov. 5 to Santiago..Posted our Roll Call several months ago & as of now there are eight of us..(There were ten but two cancelled)..Hoping to get a few more..If there are only eight, should we just plan to meet somewhere at a certain time, or is it best to contact the Crown Customer Service & ask them for a place to meet..

If you think we should contact NCL, how far in advance is it necessary to do this? If we shoukld meet, does anyone have a suggestion as to where?

Thanks for your help:)

Need some advice for a small group of CC's..Will be on the Crown Nov. 5 to Santiago..Posted our Roll Call several months ago & as of now there are eight of us..(There were ten but two cancelled)..Hoping to get a few more..If there are only eight, should we just plan to meet somewhere at a certain time, or is it best to contact the Crown Customer Service & ask them for a place to meet..

If you think we should contact NCL, how far in advance is it necessary to do this? If we shoukld meet, does anyone have a suggestion as to where?

Thanks for your help:)

No idea where on the ship but I would contact NCL. It can not hurt and may help :) I would contact passenger courtesy about 30 days prior to your cruise. I had a CC meet and greet with two of us on the Dawn.

Archived