Which cabins do/do NOT get Wifi?

zennor

Have just seen the thread on loyalty benefits where someone commented that they did not get wifi. When we were on Quest last week, the very helpful lady in eConnections checked our cabin number to see if ours was OK (so there is a list!) - fortunately it was fine as both my husband & I have to manage our businesses from a distance (even when away :( ) so it would really be useful to know which cabins do & don't get Wifi. Does it make a difference if you have a veranda or inside cabin or is it just specific positions?

To start this off we were on Quest 7010 & it was fine. We even got free 3G internet in Kotor on the balcony!

Have just seen the thread on loyalty benefits where someone commented that they did not get wifi. When we were on Quest last week, the very helpful lady in eConnections checked our cabin number to see if ours was OK (so there is a list!) - fortunately it was fine as both my husband & I have to manage our businesses from a distance (even when away :( ) so it would really be useful to know which cabins do & don't get Wifi. Does it make a difference if you have a veranda or inside cabin or is it just specific positions?

To start this off we were on Quest 7010 & it was fine. We even got free 3G internet in Kotor on the balcony!

Hi Zennor,

We've sailed on both Quest & Journey. I used my laptop in several locations around the ship, as well as in-cabin. I rarely had a problem making a connection via Wi-Fi. Where I had problems, is that on a number of occasions, I was not able to connect anywhere on the ship, via Wi-Fi or otherwise. On my last Journey sailing, during the last several days of the Cruise, I couldnt connect most every time - which was frustrating... though I'm not blaming Azamara. It's happened on Celebrity many times as well. I suppose it depends on how strong the satellite signal is, or on how many others are using the internet at any given time.

I've never heard of an existing cabin list of Wi-Fi signal strength, so that's a new one. Overall, for a small ship, I think they do a very good job.

Hi Zennor,

We've sailed on both Quest & Journey. I used my laptop in several locations around the ship, as well as in-cabin. I rarely had a problem making a connection via Wi-Fi. Where I had problems, is that on a number of occasions, I was not able to connect anywhere on the ship, via Wi-Fi or otherwise. On my last Journey sailing, during the last several days of the Cruise, I couldnt connect most every time - which was frustrating... though I'm not blaming Azamara. It's happened on Celebrity many times as well. I suppose it depends on how strong the satellite signal is, or on how many others are using the internet at any given time.

I've never heard of an existing cabin list of Wi-Fi signal strength, so that's a new one. Overall, for a small ship, I think they do a very good job.

Interesting comment Andy. When I was on Journey last month I felt the WiFi signal was much more robust than Celebrity. Perhaps I was lucky, but during the whole week it never fell over. It has quite a few times on the larger Celebrity ships and I also put it down to ship size and passenger numbers.

Zennor, I know I got a fine signal in 7096, but that's probably not much help because it's not far from where you were.:o I'm a deck up next month and will see what it is like there.

Phil

Hello Wi-Fi enthusiasts –

Here is some information that I received about Wi-Fi from Azamara’s Vice President Hotel Operations:

 Wi-Fi is available in suites and in the vast majority of staterooms. There are a few where there are black spots, but they are being adjusted.

 Azamara does not offer wireless keyboards in our staterooms to access the Internet.

 Guests may bring their own laptop or use the laptops available in the e-connections room.

 Guests may borrow a laptop while onboard: Each vessel has 2 laptops available at no cost; however, there will be a charge for Internet access.

I hope this information is helpful in your pre-cruise planning.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks for this extra information Bill. How can I find out which staterooms on Journey do not presently have access and when they expect this to be fixed?

Hello Carnevale –

After reading your question, I realized that my explanation about Wifi availability was not clearly worded and created the misperception that there were ‘have’ and ‘have-not’ Wifi staterooms. That is not the case.

Cpgrneye stated the situation more clearly - all our staterooms offer Wifi but the wireless signal in weaker in some areas.

I have gone back to the well to learn more details about the signal strength issue.

I’ll get back to you with more information soon.

I apologize for any confusion that I might have caused you by my poorly worded sentence.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived