earliest flight from Rome docking in civitavecchia scheduled for 4am

herbanrenewal

Assuming you want to go to Milan and not Malpensa (the airport). why not take the train? I would think it would be easier and probably faster considering to/from airport transportation, security, bag checks, etc.

I agree with ab0si. Train is probably the better choice as it will drop you downtown, or close to it.

Docking at 4 means very little. You probably won't be getting off much before 7, if that. If you are going to fly, I wouldn't advise anything before 10 for sure, maybe 11.

This is a tough situation and we would not even consider going to Milan (from Civitavecchia) for a single night because of the transportation hassles. A train would take a minimum of 6 hours (some trains take a lot longer). As to air, you are talking about an hour from the port to FCO + at least 1 1/2 hours waiting time + the time to get from Malpensa into Milan which all would take at least 4 hours (and maybe a lot more). One could probably make a good argument that the best way would be to simply rent a car and drive (about 5 1/2 hours) but it still makes little sense for a single day.

We also agree with the prior post that it would not be wise to book any flight out of FCO before 10.

Hank

I agree with ab0si. Train is probably the better choice as it will drop you downtown, or close to it.

Docking at 4 means very little. You probably won't be getting off much before 7, if that. If you are going to fly, I wouldn't advise anything before 10 for sure, maybe 11.

To me, the train has 2 advantages - no reservation required with more departures; and trains are a fun part of the trip... but the cost is around €90-100

I can take an easyjet for €46 including baggage fee but I'll need to book in advance. Schedules aren't available yet for when I'm traveling (May) but if similar to current schedule I could book for shortly after noon.

Still haven't decided and really no need to decide yet, but i want to consider my options. earliest possible connection obviously weighs heavily in calculating!

To me, the train has 2 advantages - no reservation required with more departures; and trains are a fun part of the trip... but the cost is around €90-100

I can take an easyjet for €46 including baggage fee but I'll need to book in advance. Schedules aren't available yet for when I'm traveling (May) but if similar to current schedule I could book for shortly after noon.

Still haven't decided and really no need to decide yet, but i want to consider my options. earliest possible connection obviously weighs heavily in calculating!

If your decision is based on cost, I suggest you include the cost of getting from Civitavecchia to whichever airport easyjet uses and from the airport to Milan. The plane might still turn out to be less expenisve,n of course.

This is a tough situation and we would not even consider going to Milan (from Civitavecchia) for a single night because of the transportation hassles. A train would take a minimum of 6 hours (some trains take a lot longer). As to air, you are talking about an hour from the port to FCO + at least 1 1/2 hours waiting time + the time to get from Malpensa into Milan which all would take at least 4 hours (and maybe a lot more). One could probably make a good argument that the best way would be to simply rent a car and drive (about 5 1/2 hours) but it still makes little sense for a single day.

We also agree with the prior post that it would not be wise to book any flight out of FCO before 10.

Hank

The slowest train connection is 5:04. Slowest, not fastest

Archived