Lavazza Coffee Machine ?

cruiser1955a

Could someone explain how this machine works ?

I tried surfing their web page with no luck. I see a bowl of plastic containers next to the machine in some NCL pictures (not little creamers). Are these different types of coffee ? Do you put in a packet and get one cup ?

It's similar to the one cup home machines and makes a nice cup of coffee. We had several varieties available including decaf and teas when we sailed in a suite on the Sun a couple of years ago. Ours even had a steam wand and kep milk in the fridge for lattes. It was great to be able to have coffee whenever we wanted it and loved this suite perk!

Just insert whichever pod type you want, select the drink type (espresso, double, etc.) and press the button. After Cagney's I think it's my favorite perk!

Thanks, now I have one more thing to get excited about. This suite is going to ruin me. Will I ever go back to balcony or mini-suite...........:confused:

I think it will also be my second favorite perk when we sail next. The first think I will tell the butler is that I will be drinking A LOT of coffee in the morning! I have an expresso machine at home with a steam wand, but I like my milk frothed and COLD on top of my brew! Then I sprinkle it with cinnamon and nutmeg.....UMMMMMM.

Our butler always gives a refresher class in using the coffee machine and when one of them broke mid-way thru a cruise a few years back, he got a replacement machine. The funny part is that my dh is the only one who likes coffee; I'm a tea drinker and my dd loves hot chocolate. :)

I'm a real hot tea junkie. Would anyone possibly know what type and brands were carried on the Dawn? I have a tea machine here at home that is like an expresso machine and I have really gotten spoiled by it. The Sun didn't have this in our ac suite last year so I'm hoping the suite we'll be in on the Dawn next year will have it.

The machine is very cool and the butler will always show you how to use it. I dont drink coffee but have used it for tea. I hate to report that my trip in a suite on Epic, the Lavazza machine was a complete downer. Epic was almost a brand new ship in December but the machine was not cleaned and every cup of tea tasted like coffee. I imagine the hot chocolate would taste the same. I continually ran hot water through the machine but could not break the overbearing coffee taste. I was upset since they have a great selection of teas to choose from.

No, I did not report this since I did not want to sound like I was complaining about trivial things. But just FYI

Archived