Norwegian Breakaway

MATHA531

seems high, but nothing crazy for a brand new ship.

we want May-June, so $1,400 for balcony PP is i guess OK for us. We want to try a brand new ship, not something New Yorkers get very often!

Any suite rates? SF's, SE's in May, June?

Prices are all over the place, and there are so many different categories. Deck 12 for instance has 15 different categories of cabins on it. :eek:

Maybe Breakaway should have been called "Break the Bank" since that is what might be required to pay those rates, which seem high even for a cruise out of NY in the summer.:) Just as long as the ship doesn't "break up" or "break apart", I am sure that the newness will serve as sufficient reason to fill each sailing, but I fear that the names will be the source of many humorous comments.

Just off the Epic where we were told by the future cruise staff (can't remember her name) that the larger outside rooms will be at the frontside and backsides not be in the middle of the ship because the ship is more narrow through the middle - so keep that in mind if booking without plans - the photos seem to support this. We usually like the middle, but not for this ship. Also, she tried to sell us on booking first thing because the prices "would be better before the build is complete" - I am very curious to see the price offerings from NCL - sounds like no deal to me:rolleyes:

What were the rates? We would want at least a balcony. How did they compare to early Epic rates mitsugirly? I think you sailed Epic pretty early didn't you?

My TA gave me quotes. Yes, we sailed the Epic in September shortly after they were done building.

How come you're not posting the quotes? :cool:

I'm not sure if it's something she wants me to do??? Most people have their own TA with their own booking rates. What my TA quotes may not be what another TA can give. I wouldn't want to break her trust/confidentiality with me. The rates will be out sooner or later from NCL. It will be much easier to compare then. :)

I'm not sure if it's something she wants me to do??? Most people have their own TA with their own booking rates. What my TA quotes may not be what another TA can give. I wouldn't want to break her trust/confidentiality with me. The rates will be out sooner or later from NCL. It will be much easier to compare then. :)

Since I am not giving my TA's info, I do not mind telling you all what I was quoted for a week in July. We asked about Balcony rates:

Minimum Double $1878 pp 1st & 2nd $1064 3rd & 4th

Family Balcony $2078 pp 1st & 2nd $1064 3rd & 4th

The outsides were around $1560 and insides $1330 (not exact, just from memory) but the 3rd & 4th person rate was still $1064 for those too!

Hi all,

And these prices are for the LOW season to Bermuda, they will go up and up until the first week of September.

Since the only week we can sail is her first voyage, we will have to pass :mad:

We had the chance to go to Bermuda on the Gem last may and even if it was beautiful, I just can't convince myself to pay that kind of money to get a stateroom with an oceanview on deck 5 :mad:

Well I guess I will have to do with the Caribbean cruise on the Gem in march ;)

Hi all,

And these prices are for the LOW season to Bermuda, they will go up and up until the first week of September.

Since the only week we can sail is her first voyage, we will have to pass :mad:

We had the chance to go to Bermuda on the Gem last may and even if it was beautiful, I just can't convince myself to pay that kind of money to get a stateroom with an oceanview on deck 5 :mad:

Well I guess I will have to do with the Caribbean cruise on the Gem in march ;)

I think I may be there with ya. I'm checking out different places to go as well. I'll wait until the price drops. Cruisinmama and her review is making me want to sail the Gem anyhow. :D

I think I may be there with ya. I'm checking out different places to go as well. I'll wait until the price drops. Cruisinmama and her review is making me want to sail the Gem anyhow. :D

I love the Gem, and I'm torn about going on her again but there's something about a new ship coming out of NY that I can not resist and my hubby has never been to Bermuda :confused: decisions, decisions

I guess since its for 2013 we could save up and pay slowly (I dont think it will hurt as much ;))

I am mega disappointed :(

Air fares and the fact that the new ship's home is NYC plus what looks like exhorbitant prices will mean many Europeans will pass on the opportunity.

Then again not all the info is avaliable yet on the new ship (which is the name of a cheapish chocolate biscuit in the UK!!)

Feels abit like a deflated ballon for me !!

I am mega disappointed :(

Air fares and the fact that the new ship's home is NYC plus what looks like exhorbitant prices will mean many Europeans will pass on the opportunity.

Then again not all the info is avaliable yet on the new ship (which is the name of a cheapish chocolate biscuit in the UK!!)

Feels abit like a deflated ballon for me !!

I know what you mean. After doing Epic this year and loving the Studios and freestyle concept I'd great plans to do Breakaway in 2013 and Getaway in 2014. But sitting on an expensive plane journey just to go on a mini cruise to one location! Sadly for me the other ships have up to 100% Sgl supplement.

Back to the drawing board... :(

Interesting, I noticed that Cruise Industry News is reporting that there will be a 7 Day Transatlantic trip from Southampton to New York departing on April 30, 2013 that will be bookable along with the Bermuda trips that start May 12, 2013 that open for Latitudes Members tomorrow...

Interesting, I noticed that Cruise Industry News is reporting that there will be a 7 Day Transatlantic trip from Southampton to New York departing on April 30, 2013 that will be bookable along with the Bermuda trips that start May 12, 2013 that open for Latitudes Members tomorrow...

That's the info I've been trying to find. The Bermuda run sounds OK, but the TA is more appealing. I haven't managed to get any info from my travel agent on it yet.

Archived