Breakaway - Deck Plans

js

NCL has taken what would seem to be a simple process: 1. prepare and make available full deck plans, 2. prepare and publish prices and 3. reveal at least some of the special features that will mark the new ships as something people will be excited to book, and have totally messed it up. If ever there was an example of how not to run a railroad, NCL seems to have mastered the art. Hopefully the ship itself can redeem them but the total confusion and apparent lack of preparation on the part of the company and its various departments doesn't look promising. :rolleyes:

The overall concept is to put faith in the travel agents to sell you something that doesn't yet exist but is instead a hunk of steel in a German shipyard. They're trickling of information is no different than any other cruise ship launch in their history.

Latitudes gets preference on bookings which is why you can't find it anywhere online because IF you could then it would be book-able. That's not the plan for Latitudes members, you call your TA and they get the info through their reservation systems OR you call NCL directly.

The details will still be to come for the public areas and this was no different than EPIC. I don't get where the comment of lack of preparation comes from. They're as prepared as they wanted to be. The deck plans were supposed to only go to their travel partners but since some of them are on Cruise Critic, that's why we as CC'ers got to see the deck plans. People who attend the webinars are usually travel agents but some are not and the information gets disseminated anyway.

The overall concept is to put faith in the travel agents to sell you something that doesn't yet exist but is instead a hunk of steel in a German shipyard. They're trickling of information is no different than any other cruise ship launch in their history.

Latitudes gets preference on bookings which is why you can't find it anywhere online because IF you could then it would be book-able. That's not the plan for Latitudes members, you call your TA and they get the info through their reservation systems OR you call NCL directly.

The details will still be to come for the public areas and this was no different than EPIC. I don't get where the comment of lack of preparation comes from. They're as prepared as they wanted to be. The deck plans were supposed to only go to their travel partners but since some of them are on Cruise Critic, that's why we as CC'ers got to see the deck plans. People who attend the webinars are usually travel agents but some are not and the information gets disseminated anyway.

I have a lot of faith in my travel agent but not blind faith. I think that an objective reading of this thread would indicate that a greater degree of uncertainty exists about the important details related to this new ship than is normal. No one has said that all of the special features need to be revealed before they begin accepting reservations, but to give the appearance that they are less than prepared to answer some basic questions (ex. what is above or below a particular stateroom) doesn't give one a lot of confidence. I believe in the maxim:) concerning Trust, but the second part of that line is "but verify". If the folks at NCL who intended to provide the deck plans only to their travel partners, didn't realize that such information would quickly make its way to CC and other public forums, they are to put it kindly, very naive.:rolleyes:

Do you guys think that the prices will come out before booking?

Thank you very much.

I am interested in the July 21, 2013 sailing, same as my Allure booking.

Thanks so much!

I got the July rates, they are the same all month. I may be off by $20 or so on inside and balcony I left the info at woor, but the balconies I am sure of:

Inside: $1328 PP

Outside $1558 pp

Balcony $1878 pp

Family Balcony: $2078 pp

3rd & 4th passenger in the cabin in ALL categories $1064 PP

Really wanted to have my group of about 40 go in July, but the rates are just too high for us!! :0(

Me too ! Love those cruise rewards :)

I'm sorry to admit that, as a Latitudes member, I don't know what a cruise reward is. Could someone enlighten me? Also, I might have seen studio prices early on but not later. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

I'm sorry to admit that, as a Latitudes member, I don't know what a cruise reward is. Could someone enlighten me? Also, I might have seen studio prices early on but not later. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

Hi there. You purchase them while on board. You pay $250, get a $100 shipboard credit on the cruise you are already on, and have $250 to use as a deposit on a future cruise. I have one that I planned to use on the Breakaway, but does not look like that's happening now!

July Single Studio rate (all month) $1678

I got the July rates, they are the same all month. I may be off by $20 or so on inside and balcony I left the info at woor, but the balconies I am sure of:

Inside: $1328 PP

Outside $1558 pp

Balcony $1878 pp

Family Balcony: $2078 pp

3rd & 4th passenger in the cabin in ALL categories $1064 PP

Really wanted to have my group of about 40 go in July, but the rates are just too high for us!! :0(

That's weird. I just booked an inside for July and it's $1199 pp.

Off the price line--can anyone tell from the deck plans if there's a promenade deck? I won't sail her without one!

From the exterior of the ship picture there appears to be one but it doesn't look like it's the full length of the ship. From the deck plans you can't tell anything but the deck that it would be on aft has "TO COME" on it. :cool:

I have a lot of faith in my travel agent but not blind faith. I think that an objective reading of this thread would indicate that a greater degree of uncertainty exists about the important details related to this new ship than is normal. No one has said that all of the special features need to be revealed before they begin accepting reservations, but to give the appearance that they are less than prepared to answer some basic questions (ex. what is above or below a particular stateroom) doesn't give one a lot of confidence. I believe in the maxim:) concerning Trust, but the second part of that line is "but verify". If the folks at NCL who intended to provide the deck plans only to their travel partners, didn't realize that such information would quickly make its way to CC and other public forums, they are to put it kindly, very naive.:rolleyes:

I'm still confused by your statements... if NCL revealed what was above or below a certain set of staterooms then on some decks they'd be revealing things they want to keep secret until later. If you are afraid of having a cabin with noise above or below then you book a sandwich deck. If not, then book where-ever. This is nothing new.

As for the deck plans being the worst kept secret this week, well it was but not every average person has access to these details. People who are interested in booking who don't care to come here or don't know about this site will have to put "blind faith" into their travel agents or NCL. I think NCL handled everything smoothly with all the information I had from them when I called yesterday morning. The only snafu I had was that at 8AM exactly they didn't have one cruise loaded into the system yet. That was quickly rectified because Miami was still loading them when I first called so then everyone would get their fair chance at booking.

Uncertainty remains about pricing because like any cruise, the prices fluctuate based on demand. NCL commonly re-fares cruises up to three times per day depending on bookings. Since the bookings window opened first thing at 8AM EST then you'd expect the prices to be super low. However, depending upon call volume and bookings for a particular sailing by afternoon those prices may have changed. It's the supply and demand aspect of it. Monday the prices will be public so all this "uncertainty" will be gone.

I called yesterday for a price on a Courtyard Penthouse for the October sailing and they wanted $6400.00. $1500.00 deposit but you get a $300.00 onboard credit. Think I'll be waiting this one out for a little because that is almost double compared to what I paid for the Epic's first year sailing (in a Spa Suite)

Relax people its called a teaser!! The ship isnt gonna be ready for sail till 2013 alot things can change.. NCL is feeding information little by little to keep us paxs guessing and curious.. If they released 100% of the information when she sets sail in 2013 nobody would be interested.. Me I prolly wont sail this ship for a long time I live to far away from NYC and wont pay triple the price just to sail on something new.. I can sail the SUN Jewel or Pearl and have a awesome time..

Relax people ...

Yup...for us it was pretty simple:

We knew which week we wanted to sail (well after the shakedown)...and we knew which room we wanted...it's booked, no worries.

As far as the blank public deck plans...we're pretty sure they will fill them in with restaurants and lounges, etc. Safe bet.

Two years out? ...the price didn't matter. We'll get any reductions that come in the future and we have two years to throw spare change in a cup each night.

It's a vacation...logic sometimes doesn't apply. :p

thats outrageous pricing

Solo cheaper in an inside and they are bigger.

cruise only prices

But two in inside would be £1200. The prices aren't much different from what I paid on Epic for a week in the Med..

The only problem is unlike the US pax there is NO price guarantee over here so the price on booking is the price we pay!

That's weird. I just booked an inside for July and it's $1199 pp.

That is weird Sabrina, thanks, maybe I will call again. My TA was quoted these rates and so was I when I called Lattitudes directly. Maybe I will give it another try!

But two in inside would be £1200. The prices aren't much different from what I paid on Epic for a week in the Med..

The only problem is unlike the US pax there is NO price guarantee over here so the price on booking is the price we pay!

PP prices are fine the Studio solo is far to much

Get a UK solo price for an inside you might be suprised.

I checked and they were much cheaper than the solo in the Studio.

What is the current US pricing for a solo?

I doubt the solo inside price will drop below current UK price even in the US.

PP prices are fine the Studio solo is far to much

Get a UK solo price for an inside you might be suprised.

I checked and they were much cheaper than the solo in the Studio.

What is the current US pricing for a solo?

I doubt the solo inside price will drop below current UK price even in the US.

Well from a well known TA in UK for the first 7night out of NY I got:

Studios

Cruise Line Price£1244.00 Discounted Price £1156.92 per person

however if you add round-trip air-fare to NY it went up to £2300!!! :eek::eek:

I could get 2 week back-back on Epic in the Med with flights to Barcelona for less than that!!

Nevermind.. bye bye Breakaway!!

Well from a well known TA in UK for the first 7night out of NY I got:

Studios

Cruise Line Price£1244.00 Discounted Price £1156.92 per person

however if you add round-trip air-fare to NY it went up to £2300!!! :eek::eek:

I could get 2 week back-back on Epic in the Med with flights to Barcelona for less than that!!

Nevermind.. bye bye Breakaway!!

CHECK for an INSIDE cabin it is cheaper.

Studio should be £1013 in tax not tips (might include NCL 5% discount)

one way air will probably be around £300maxx we recently just did Boston round trip under £300 for last week.

Archived