What to do in Corfu.

Hi - We're going on the 21st October on Spirit to the Adriatic. We fly to Corfu arriving about 13.00 - sail-off is quite late. Will we have enough time to see anything of Corfu and does anyone have any suggestions what to see?

I read in the Ports section that sometimes there are shuttles to the Corfu Town, do Thomson provide any shuttles?

Thanks

Back in May there was a free shuttle from the ship to the terminal but lots of people just walked. The local bus company runs shuttle bus from the far end of the terminal carpark to the town. I can't remember the fare or when the lat bus runs. I just walked back to the ship which took about 35 minutes.

Our flight home was late evening so we walked to the old town...took about half and hour and its a lovely place to wander and have a coffee and people watch....just out of port gates and turn left and keep going basically !!

On two occasions we have walked into town by turning left,but we have had a wheelchair to push,and the pavements are a nightmare for a chair,its really hard going,but it is a nice town to see,we have read elsewhere to turn right outside the gates so dont know what is the best way.

Definitely turn left, follow the coast road and you end up on the wide green expanse in front of the Fort. The little quaint shopping streets are to your right, lots of cafes around and a lovely area - you can also go into the Fort for a few Euros.

There is another route in by turning left, then striking off right the coast road starts rising up and eventually you end up in the newer part of thh town where the buses stop. But I don't recommend this route - the roads and pavements are worse than the route following the coast-line (which is much more interesting and attractive too). I take the previous poster's point about not being wheelchair friendly - it's not even very pedestrian friendly in some parts - you have to come off the pavement and keep an eye on the traffic. But as jenny says about a half hour walk - and well worth going imo. We like the Old Town very much.

There is a bus from the port gates - Number 2 but I'm not sure how convenient the drop off point is in relation to the Old Town.

You are right in being excited , the cruise is fabulous!! We caught the courtesy bus from ship to port gates, it was very hot, then a bus to the town. It didn,t cost very much, and it dropped you off in the bus station / car park right by the entrance to town. If it had been cooler we would have walked. Returning we just went back to drop off point and asked the next bus in if they dropped off at port, it didn,t say port on front, well it may have done but it was in Greek, he said yes so we got on. Simples. Have a great time, the sail in to Kotor is breathtaking, and the sail out, in the dark, is magical. And then there is Venice, Split and Dubrovnik, all very special. I can hardly believe that I have seen them all. You will love it.

Archived