Luggage Delivery to your cabin?

lucia1024

Hi

I was just curious at how reliable are the staff in getting your luggage to your cabin in a timely manner.

About what time did you get your luggage delivered to your room. I guess I better pack an extra set of clothing in a bag that I carry on.

I definately want to have clean clothes before dinner.

Please share some of your experiences.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

i have never had a problem with luggage delivery. a couple of times our luggage was at our door before we even got to our cabin at 130pm, other times we had it delivered when just getting to the room. we have always gotten our luggage before sailaway.

69 cruises, one time we had a missing suitcase, went to customer service desk and it was waiting there with the tag torn off. Since then we now put 2 tags on each piece of luggage. I would say that 90-95 % of the time we get our luggage before 6:00 dinner.

WOW......I have FAR less than 69 cruises....but in my four I have had my luggage to my cabin before my arrival and on one, it was before dinner.

ALWAYS pack a few extra things in carry on to reasonably get you through the evening.

My first cruise (way back when!) a couple in the cabin next to ours flew into Houston from out of state....at some point in the luggage transfer 3 out of 4 of theirs was left behind! Not certain how that happens....but I will say, the luggage was flown or shipped, somehow to the first port!! But that was 2 days later.

I also don't know who paid for that shipment? The cruise line was very accommodating...the couple was given an allowance for the on board shops....so good and bad, but nice to be prepared.

Your bags may or may arrive at your stateroom door before or after dinner. The earliest we have had our delivered was about 3PM. The latest was around 8:30 PM. That is why the dining rooms are a come as you are party the first night.

Doc:D

We are usually one of the first people at the pier, but we have never had our luggage any earlier than later people. Twice it was after dinner before it showed up in our room. Usually it is right before or around sailaway.

We just go to dinner the first night wearing shorts and sandals or whatever we had on earlier that day. Most people do the same.

Claudia

It's hit or miss......no rhyme or reason.....we are platinum and sometimes it comes early and sometimes it comes late......and one time we had to go look for it......and even another time they called and told us to come and get it......minus our libations...

Last week on the Inspiration, we went to our room late in the evening on the first day to find a suitcase at our door. The problem was, we only brought carry-ons. We gave it to a worker and noticed they had the right room number but the wrong deck. Someone was lucky we were honest.

On several cruises we received notices of missing luggage. Each had a photo of what the bag should look like. I have always wondered if those people ever received their bags.

Hi

I was just curious at how reliable are the staff in getting your luggage to your cabin in a timely manner.

About what time did you get your luggage delivered to your room. I guess I better pack an extra set of clothing in a bag that I carry on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

They will usually have your luggage there when you come back from dinner. That is why the dress code on night one is more lax. Most of the time we have ours delivered before we go. On the Magic last May our bags were outside the cabin very early.

I really have no idea. It isn't anything that's every been an issue. Have no recollection when they were delivered. I'm sure it varied, and they don't arrive at the same time.

I do make sure to have at least one change of clothing in my carry-on, just in case, and something to sleep in. And, of course, I have my toiletries and any meds in my carry-on.

First night is very casual at dinner anyway. They understand that there are some people who may not have their luggage by early seating.

I just do two things to help make sure it gets there and hope for the best:

1--make sure my luggage tags are secure before handing it over to porter. I laminate (cheap way) the tags with packing tape (make sure you fill them out;)) and punch holes in the end. I use zip ties to secure them to the bag. Have had them last through all the flights and onboard and flight home by doing that.

2--I pack a carryon with an outfit and shoes for formal night, my bathing suit, all my underwear and makeup, and clothes for 3 days. If my luggage never showed up I could survive by doing laundry every 3-4 days. If they gave me the $500 for clothing, all the better.:D

Maybe that's why it hasn't happened to me.

We got into our cabin at 1:30...(actually was about 2:00 before we realized what time it was). None of our bags were there when we got there...but one came while there and the rest within a couple of hours. So I'd say by 3:30 we had them all.

One side note...my GF's suitcase got beat to hell and back. It had holes punched in it, tears, rips and scuffs...that it DID NOT have before. One quick call to Customer Service and they sent someone right up to look at it and within 24 hours had us info on how to ask for reimbursement. She may never get that, we'll see.

And, we tipped the Porter well!!!! I guess whatever happened was AFTER it left his hands.

We have been on 3 Carnival cruises, each had some type of luggage delay compared to what I have just read above. First cruise our bags arrived at the cabin until after 9 pm, on the second cruise it was a bit better with them trickling in between 6 - 8 pm however someone elses bag was delivered with ours, the extra bag was not even close to our cabin, different deck and end of the ship (tags are marked with deck and location in large letters), and on the 3rd cruise things showed up faster, with one bag by 5 pm, the second one did not arrive at our cabin until the next morning.

Ike

Hi

Any suggestions?

Thanks

We always have our bags and are unpacked before sailaway..it doesn't hurt to be generous with the porters ;) Also there is no dress code in the MDR the first night.

Archived