Port of Miami Hotel

lukeduke07

After reading all the posts about the Intercontinental and booking with LMT, i was wondering if anyone has NOT been able to get this deal? Such as if the hotel was full or wouldnot honor the price. Also, has anyone been able to just call them and see if they will match the price others have been able to get?

We stayed there twice, once in my name and once in my roomie's name. We had issues when I tried to check in before her on the one in her name which didnt please me. They couldnt find where she had put me on the booking, their fault to me.

The rooms are nice and big, but it wasnt to die for, being a 5 star, I think I expected more.

They did offer some extras for a fee. When we got off cruise, we stayed the 2nd time, and for $50 they would let us check in early. For $20 they would have let us have a room facing the ocean .. stuff like that.

No, never tried to get a better deal .. so cant comment on that. lmt the rates are nonrefundable. We have one on another hotel that went down slightly we are just living with. Its like hotwire, once you click thats the price.

We stayed there twice, once in my name and once in my roomie's name. We had issues when I tried to check in before her on the one in her name which didnt please me. They couldnt find where she had put me on the booking, their fault to me.

The rooms are nice and big, but it wasnt to die for, being a 5 star, I think I expected more.

They did offer some extras for a fee. When we got off cruise, we stayed the 2nd time, and for $50 they would let us check in early. For $20 they would have let us have a room facing the ocean .. stuff like that.

No, never tried to get a better deal .. so cant comment on that. lmt the rates are nonrefundable. We have one on another hotel that went down slightly we are just living with. Its like hotwire, once you click thats the price.

Firefly.....I totally agree! We just stayed there in Sept and I was not impressed. Like you said "being a 5 star, I think I expected more".

Firefly.....I totally agree! We just stayed there in Sept and I was not impressed. Like you said "being a 5 star, I think I expected more".

I was mostly ticked off having to wait over 3 hours for my cruise roomie to fly in and get to the hotel before they would let me check in. They said they would not accept a phone call from her, because I might have called someone else to pretend to be her. (they actually said this to me) Seriously, I cant imagine a hotel, 5 star or not, telling me for my own safety, they would not let me check in because they could not find the record where she put me on the room and she has some hyphenated last name that caused the confusion in their own records.

It wasnt terible, I went over to Hooters, ordered their wings and fries special and sat over the water watching the ocean and the Hooters girls and I had a book to read.

I just didnt like being told that I might be a con artist trying to get access to someone else's booking they implied. I did have a copy of her booking, but not under the right hypenated name they put the changes/adding my name under. .. for my own good I could not check in. .. also, the internet never worked in our room at IC. My roomie took the SAS shuttle eventually arriving from FTL and said this was the only hotel that the shuttle pulled up to that there were no porters who came out to help pax with their luggage.

I would pick holiday inn next time which has breakfast included and a shuttle.

I was mostly ticked off having to wait over 3 hours for my cruise roomie to fly in and get to the hotel before they would let me check in. They said they would not accept a phone call from her, because I might have called someone else to pretend to be her. (they actually said this to me) Seriously, I cant imagine a hotel, 5 star or not, telling me for my own safety, they would not let me check in because they could not find the record where she put me on the room and she has some hyphenated last name that caused the confusion in their own records.

I know, but imagine if someone had impersonated her and you'd lost the room. You'd have been pretty angry.

I would pick holiday inn next time which has breakfast included and a shuttle.

If it's the one in Bayside, you'd have to pay me to stay there. It was filthy the last time I was there, terribly run down with miserable staff and a general air of willfull neglect. It's soooooo not worth the money you pay for the view (which is the only good thing about the place).

I tried to get it on LMT before our last cruise, and it was going to be around $250.00, so I went on Priceline and got the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $105.00. We had a balcony room and a view of the ship in the morning. It was a beautiful hotel, and I would definetly bok again. I have also stayed at the Holiday Inn, and my only 2 complaints were, way to many people and lack of elevators, and the room was tiny. If it was just hubby and I, I would stay there again, and request a top floor room. :D

Archived