Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Sorry I had trouble uploading the photos - hopefully this time will work?

Cabin B106 has a very small balcony with hardly room for 2 chairs sideways. It is the very first cabin forward portside, after the suites.

The balcony has a solid half-wall of metal, rather than glass, so that if you sit down you can't see out. The obstruction of the view is the wide white support for the Bridge above. It didn't bother me that much, and you can see around it. If you are someone who wants to sit out all day on your balcony watching the scenery and waves while you read a book, this is not the cabin for you. On the other hand, if you just want to step out and look over the side once in awhile while coming into port or leaving, this is perfect.

We hardly used the balcony because mostly the weather was too cool to stay outside when sailing from Beijing to Singapore in February 2012.

Other things about the cabin. There is only a small shower with a curtain. My husband couldn't take a shower without getting water all over the bathroom floor. I just took 2 pool towels to our cabin room to mop the floor each day. There was a sharp needle like carpet tack, just in front of the bathroom door. I cut my toe twice on it, then learned to put a hand towel over the spot as a mat. I will try to attach 2 photos.

IMG_6876.jpg.4e447ec9b8428d8baba08ec5d8b35ba9.jpg

IMG_6878.jpg.90dae2bab616612f2a60399ca358a734.jpg

Sorry I had trouble uploading the photos - hopefully this time will work?

Thanks for posting the pictures.

As of now there are no pictures of obstructed Balcony cabins on my website but I'll look into it and see if I can start this as well (lucky enough there are not too many balconies with obstructions).

Theo

Thanks for posting the pictures.

As of now there are no pictures of obstructed Balcony cabins on my website but I'll look into it and see if I can start this as well (lucky enough there are not too many balconies with obstructions).

Theo

Theo, There will be MANY more once the Royal starts sailing! The Obstructed Oceanviews on Emerald deck have been replaced with Obstructed Balconies.

Theo, There will be MANY more once the Royal starts sailing! The Obstructed Oceanviews on Emerald deck have been replaced with Obstructed Balconies.

You've mentioned obstructed balconies. Curious, they exist on the Coral. Anyone have any pics? I can't figure out where they are nor what is obstructing the view.

TIA

You've mentioned obstructed balconies. Curious, they exist on the Coral. Anyone have any pics? I can't figure out where they are nor what is obstructing the view.

TIA

I know there are balcony cabins on most of the ships that have some type of an obstructed view but so far are unable to get pictures (exept some that are already posted on my website).

There must be people out there that have some info and/or pictures that they could share. If you do please post them here or send them to my email. theog99@telus.net

Theo

• 2 weeks later...

Do you, or anybody else, know how this is going to look like. I can't believe that they have the lifeboats in front of the balconies.

Looking at the deckplans it looks like that the lifeboats are at the Promenade deck level and not at Emerald deck. Looking at the artist rendering of the ship (I have not seen any pictures of the finished ship yet) the obstruction would be only when you look down from those balconies. We'll find out soon enough I guess.

Theo

PRN17-PRINCESS-CRUISES-ROYAL-PRINCESS-1yHigh.jpg.6e75f55db12d72ba657a4a7ed9eee918.jpg

Do you, or anybody else, know how this is going to look like. I can't believe that they have the lifeboats in front of the balconies.

Looking at the deckplans it looks like that the lifeboats are at the Promenade deck level and not at Emerald deck. Looking at the artist rendering of the ship (I have not seen any pictures of the finished ship yet) the obstruction would be only when you look down from those balconies. We'll find out soon enough I guess.

Theo

[ATTACH]255834[/ATTACH]

Theo, Check out construction photos on the Princess Flickr site. There are definitely lifeboats davits that will be obstructing the view of many Emerald deck balconies. It is hard to tell now how high the lifeboats will be but it appears that they will be totally outside of the Emerald deck railing and those balconies will be looking at the lifeboats rather than water if they look over their balcony railings. It looks like portions of the davits might be visible from some Dolphin deck balconies.

Royal Princess Construction - June/July

Theo, Check out construction photos on the Princess Flickr site. There are definitely lifeboats davits that will be obstructing the view of many Emerald deck balconies. It is hard to tell now how high the lifeboats will be but it appears that they will be totally outside of the Emerald deck railing and those balconies will be looking at the lifeboats rather than water if they look over their balcony railings. It looks like portions of the davits might be visible from some Dolphin deck balconies.

Royal Princess Construction - June/July

Thanks for the info.

If the obstructions are just where the lifeboats are than there are about 110 cabins affected on both the Emerald deck and Dolpfin deck. We'll wait and see.

This tread is hard to keep to the top of the board and I think that is because of the subject line. Maybe I should start a new tread with a different subject line and see what happens.

Theo

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, We are looking at a cruise to Alaska on the Sapphire and cannot find the link to the pic. Maybe I just missed it. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Paula

The link to my website is in my sigature just below my name.

Theo

I am looking into the first time booking of an obstructed view cabin on the Carib Princess. Can I assume that all your posted pictures of that ship's room views are accurate? :o

Looking at a deck diagram and the position of some of the life boats, the views in a handful of rooms seem amazingly open considering where they are on the deck drawings.

I know it has been stated that the actual views on the Carib Princess are not what they are on the sister ships. So you need to be careful with this particular ship. But I want to know that the views you have posted are truly accurate before I finish booking one of the obstructed rooms. gulp

It's a great site and really helpful.

I am looking into the first time booking of an obstructed view cabin on the Carib Princess. Can I assume that all your posted pictures of that ship's room views are accurate? :o

Looking at a deck diagram and the position of some of the life boats, the views in a handful of rooms seem amazingly open considering where they are on the deck drawings.

I know it has been stated that the actual views on the Carib Princess are not what they are on the sister ships. So you need to be careful with this particular ship. But I want to know that the views you have posted are truly accurate before I finish booking one of the obstructed rooms. gulp

It's a great site and really helpful.

As far as I know all the pictures are correct. Up until now there are is no feedback from anyone that there are mistakes but if there are any I would like to know about it so that I can correct them.

Theo

As far as I know all the pictures are correct. Up until now there are is no feedback from anyone that there are mistakes but if there are any I would like to know about it so that I can correct them.

Theo

I really appreciate the site. Thanks for all the help!

• 4 weeks later...
I gave. You already had. :D

Know of any you are missing?

Does not matter , they might be better than the ones I have.

15 for the Coral/Island

14 for the Dawn/Sea/Sun

2 for the Golden/Grand/Star

6 for the Ocean/Pacific

And then the ones that are apparently coming with the new Royal.

Theo

Does not matter , they might be better than the ones I have.

15 for the Coral/Island

14 for the Dawn/Sea/Sun

2 for the Golden/Grand/Star

6 for the Ocean/Pacific

And then the ones that are apparently coming with the new Royal.

Theo

Theo, I took some photos on the Island but they aren't very good. I will see if they are any you don't have and send to you.

Theo, I took some photos on the Island but they aren't very good. I will see if they are any you don't have and send to you.

Please do, I can always try to enhance them in photoshop or they are maybe not as bad as you think.

Theo

Theo,

your site is wonderful...sent you a photo that I took that I see you already substituted for the photo that was there.

Think that perhaps adding an area for obstructed balconies on the Royal would be a great idea. I miss the outside cabins and obstructed outsides as an option on the Royal...we booked a cruise on the Royal and for us the price jump to Balcony was too high, so we booked an inside.

Thanks to IECalCruiser there are now a few more pictures available for the Coral & Island Princess. The view (if any) from the obstructed view cabins on these ship are pretty bad but as some people say "At least they give some daylight" :D

Theo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to our friends "Down under" there are some new pictures for the Dawn/ Sea & Sun Princess. ( Cabins D 603 & D 604). I really appreciate it because those pictures seem hard to come by for some reason.

Theo

I'm working on it to place them all in one place (see post #15 for more info).

In the mean time I can post some pictures if you have a specific cabin #.

Theo

What a great idea and fantastic service! Thanks so much! We are booked on the Star cabin E508, and the Island cabin E322. Do you happen to have pics of these cabins in your portfolio? A million thanks!

What a great idea and fantastic service! Thanks so much! We are booked on the Star cabin E508, and the Island cabin E322. Do you happen to have pics of these cabins in your portfolio? A million thanks!

In both cases your view will be partialy obstucted by a lifeboat. You can see pictures for both cabins at my website.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-501--521

and

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/coral-princess/cabins-311--335

Theo