Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

We booked on the Fairsea for a 2 week Panama Canal cruise in 1983. We had a choice of 2 cabins (side by side) with obstructed seaview picture windows, or 2 cabins (connecting) with unobstructed view portholes. We chose the portholes. Turns out the obstruction was a green shade awning that blocked the top 1/4 of the view...if you wanted to look up. Would have taken that over the porthole anytime. In our cabins way up at the narrow part of the bow, the portholes were in the top corner of the room and at the end of a little square tube...although unobstructed you had to stand on a chair to see out and often times saw just the water like an aquarium. The last 4 days off the California coast the steel deadlight was locken in place so we had no window at all. The moral of the story is to ask detailed questions before making your decision. Nevertheless, a Stimar cruise with a sealed up porthole at waterlevel is WAY better than no Sitmar cruise at all. I sure do miss them!

Thanks to a lot of Cruise Critic members for sending pictures of cabins. I have now updated the website and there are pictures added for the following ships;

Caribbean Princess-- Coral/Island Princess--Dawn/Sea/Sun Princess.

There are still a few pictures missing for some of the ships but I'm confident that I will get them sometime in the near future.

Again thanks to all who contributed.

Theo

G'day THEO...Fantastic site you have, we have used it many times, including the next on Golden.

Keep up the great work.

Edited by NSWP

Theo - FYI - I've been on this thread before, but today I linked in from Facebook as the Cruise Critic Facebook Page posted a comment with a link to the thread. :-)

Thanks to a lot of Cruise Critic members for sending pictures of cabins. I have now updated the website and there are pictures added for the following ships;

Caribbean Princess-- Coral/Island Princess--Dawn/Sea/Sun Princess.

There are still a few pictures missing for some of the ships but I'm confident that I will get them sometime in the near future.

Again thanks to all who contributed.

Theo

I received a lot of new pictures the last few weeks and I'm in the process of posting them. However, I'm running out of room on the website (100 mb free, max.) and have to figure out a way to rearrange things. I'm thinking of maybe creating a separate website for each category of ship. In the meantime I'll keep the existing website active.

Theo

We just booked the last Obstructed View cabin on the Sapphire for a HI cruise in December. Had no idea of the view. Then searched for a site that might help and voila! Yours came up. A thousand thanks. As it turned out, we have a full view, but there is a stairway that is just outside. Not an obstruction unless there would be people standing on them. :-) So we are thrilled as we feel we lucked out. According to your site, the stairway is blocked off at night. That was very helpful information. :)

Glad you retired and decided to do this project.

Carol from AZ

Theo - FYI - I've been on this thread before, but today I linked in from Facebook as the Cruise Critic Facebook Page posted a comment with a link to the thread. :-)

That is nice to know. I asked for this tread to be a sticky but now I think that with all the people that are on Facebook (or will be in the future) this is even better.

Theo

We just booked the last Obstructed View cabin on the Sapphire for a HI cruise in December. Had no idea of the view. Then searched for a site that might help and voila! Yours came up. A thousand thanks. As it turned out, we have a full view, but there is a stairway that is just outside. Not an obstruction unless there would be people standing on them. :-) So we are thrilled as we feel we lucked out. According to your site, the stairway is blocked off at night. That was very helpful information. :)

Glad you retired and decided to do this project.

Carol from AZ

You must have booked E200 or E201. Glad this site helped you out. Have a wonderful cruise.

Theo

You must have booked E200 or E201. Glad this site helped you out. Have a wonderful cruise.

Theo

You are right! E200. Thanks again, this will be our second cruise to HI. Just hope the Pacific stays true to her name most of the trip. :) I've passed this site on to my Travel Agent DIL and friends who cruise regularly. Retirement.....Every day is Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...
Wonderful idea. I have spent hour(s) each day searching for a picture from inside the cabin towards the obstruction on the balcony of c750,or it's identical c755, on the Sapphire to no avail. Would love to have someone post it. If no one does, I will after our cruise next summer.

Tina

I found this picture for you that shows the outside of C750 (and most of the other aft cabins).

As you can see by the arrow, this would be the obstruction. It us part of the superstructure of the ship but by the looks of it it is not that much of an obstruction.

267834214_SapphireC750.jpg.96505a9a43b8dd3a30fd1950939a1fc6.jpg

Theo

I found this picture for you that shows the outside of C750 (and most of the other aft cabins).

As you can see by the arrow, this would be the obstruction. It us part of the superstructure of the ship but by the looks of it it is not that much of an obstruction.

[ATTACH]242109[/ATTACH]

Theo

Thank you Theo. I have found a picture like this and feel a little better about the suite but am very curious to see the view from inside the room. I am amazed that I haven't been able to find any from this particular suite, either on the Sapphire or it's sister ship the Diamond. I will check back often just in case you find one. Thanks again for all your hard work.

just booked using this site as a guide. Had a choice of 4 great rooms and saved a small fortune. Thanks everyone for all the photos!

I’m glad that you found a cabin that you liked.

I like to remind everyone that even if the cabin that you are sailing in is already on my website I still wouldn’t mind receiving additional pictures.

Some of the pictures on the website are of a low quality and probably a few years old.

I also noticed that there are quite a few Balcony cabins with obstructed views and I'm thinking of including those on the website if I can get the pictures.

Theo

Thank you Theo. I have found a picture like this and feel a little better about the suite but am very curious to see the view from inside the room. I am amazed that I haven't been able to find any from this particular suite, either on the Sapphire or it's sister ship the Diamond. I will check back often just in case you find one. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Hi,

We have had a couple of long cruises in C750 and C755 on the Diamond and Sapphire and found it did not worry us at all. Hope the photos help.

Happy cruising,

Chris

1181910537_C750Balcony.jpg.e0075bd5b738bebe74fccfcb0b55576c.jpg

300032139_C750Bedroomlookingout.jpg.2afc9bd2059e5117122b4e7b30c9012a.jpg

1584509091_Anotherfromtheroom.jpg.2cf2ac1688702c0937e1c475b42fac70.jpg

Hi,

We have had a couple of long cruises in C750 and C755 on the Diamond and Sapphire and found it did not worry us at all. Hope the photos help.

Happy cruising,

Chris

That is what I thought it would look like. Thanks for the pictures.

Theo.

Edited by Renmar

Hi,

Happy cruising,

Chris

Chris,

Thank you for these wonderful pictures. I am SO surprised at how narrow this balcony is. I thought it was much deeper. We thought we would be able to put the table between the beam and bedroom door but it doesn't look like it will fit. We have a few friends traveling with us and were hoping we could entertain on this balcony but I am afraid it may be too small. Thank you again and if you have other pictures of this room (or C755) I would love to see them.

Tina

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you all had a wonderful summer and had a chance to do some cruising.

If you took lots of pictures during your cruise then maybe now is an excellent time to have a look if you have some that I can use for the website of obstructed view cabins.

I'm interested in any picture that you might have either being it a "oceanview" or a balcony as long as there is an obstruction in front of the window/ doors. (And NO, I don't need pictures from inside cabins, I know all views are blocked in those :D)

Thanks in advance, your fellow cruisers will appreciate it.

Theo

I can't thank you enough for all these pictures. When we booked our cruise for this past June, they "upgraded" us to an obstructed cabin with no view whatsoever. With the help of your pictures, I was able to determine what room would be better and get it changed. We ended up with a good view.

Thanks again for all your work on this!