Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Bless your heart!!!! Thanks so much!!! You have done so much for so many. It is truly appreciated.

Cheers, Denise.

My pleasure. Don't forget to take some pictures for me on the Star or the Golden if you can.

E303 or E304 & E422 or E423

Theo

Thank you so much, I was just searching for pictures of E522 on Island, since I was hoping you can see *something* out of the window. I guess it's weird because I didn't realize how big that tender in front of it was...it's like looking into another hallway! But that's okay, I know what I was buying, and I didn't count on having a view (although there might be things to see out of the window, since this room is port-side, and we'll be on a southbound Alaska sail)

My pleasure. Don't forget to take some pictures for me on the Star or the Golden if you can.

E303 or E304 & E422 or E423

Theo

Hi Theo,

We are planing in doing a B2B on the Star in October, so I will do my best to get photos of those cabins!! The Golden won't be until April 2016. :eek:

Cheers, Denise

Hi Theo,

We are planing in doing a B2B on the Star in October, so I will do my best to get photos of those cabins!! The Golden won't be until April 2016. :eek:

Cheers, Denise

That's OK, Star & Golden are the same anyway.

Theo

Does anybody has information on the Ocean & Pacific Princess regarding the addition of a cabin on deck 6.

They added cabin 6044.

Here is the old deck plan; [ATTACH]318237[/ATTACH]

And here is the new deck plan; [ATTACH]318238[/ATTACH]

Theo

Yes I meant to mention that to you when I sent you that last batch of pictures from Pacific Princess. It isn't that they have added a cabin, all 8 cabins exist on both sides of the ship. It is just that they are using a bunch of them for crew. We saw crew coming and going from those rooms quite often. So I guess they have freed one up for passengers now.

I have the rest of the pictures that you need for Ocean and Pacific now except that I neglected to get that one "new" cabin. I will send them to you shortly. Just spent 30 days on Ocean Princess.

Terry

Yes I meant to mention that to you when I sent you that last batch of pictures from Pacific Princess. It isn't that they have added a cabin, all 8 cabins exist on both sides of the ship. It is just that they are using a bunch of them for crew. We saw crew coming and going from those rooms quite often. So I guess they have freed one up for passengers now.

I have the rest of the pictures that you need for Ocean and Pacific now except that I neglected to get that one "new" cabin. I will send them to you shortly. Just spent 30 days on Ocean Princess.

Terry

Excellent, looking forward to those pictures.

Thanks for the explanation on the "mystery" cabins.

Theo

I have a similar site (link in signature). Is there a way we can join forces to more widely distribute the information. I'd be happy to post a link to this site if it's ok.

Roy

Sure, feel free to post a link. I can do likewise if you want.

Theo

Just a follow up on posts 795 & 805. I received a picture of that "mystery" cabin 6044.

I posted it on the website and please note that cabin 6047 has the same view.

The picture came courtesy of Bonnie CC name "flourpot" and she writes in part the following; There is a lifeboat out the window, but you can see through all the windows of it clearly so there is actually quite a good view out the window.

So, sometimes it is not as bad as it looks.

Theo

Renmar, your website is wonderfully easy to use and very helpful. Thank you so much for your time and effort putting it together and keeping it going! Thanks, too, to all the people who have helped you by providing pictures and information! :cool:

PS: I agree, it would be nice if this thread were a sticky. :)

Edited by Azure Moon
added PS

I finally have received the last picture for the Coral & Island Princess. It was send by a lady called Barbara (who is not on CC). Thank you very much.

The picture shows the view from E622 & E623. Check it out.

If you check out my website you can see which pictures are still missing, not too many but it would be so nice if all ships were complete.

Theo

• 3 weeks later...

I received the following email from one of our fellow cruisers;

We have used your site for Princess obstructed views several times, would like to offer a little donation for your trouble but you don't have a Paypal or other link on your page to allow this.

Have you considered putting a little PayPal link for people who would like to say thank you?

My response was as follows;

"However much I like your suggestion I did not put this site together to make money on it. It started out as a retirement project and to me it is more a hobby than anything else.

As you might have noticed, if you visited my website recently, I placed a note on the top of most pages encouraging people to make a donation to their local children’s hospital. We ourselves have 8 grand children, in perfect health I might add, and feel very blessed with them.

However, there are so many children that are not so lucky and require a lot of medical attention. We think of our grand kids as the future of this planet and our country and the healthier they are the better it is.

So, if you feel compelled to make a donation, make it to the children’s hospital of your choice.

I am glad you were able to use the website to your advantage and hope you will use it many more times (it means you cruise a lot ;))

Kind regards, Theo

If there are more people that feel they should donate, please do to a children's hospital near you. Your (grand) children will thank you one day.

Theo

I received the following email from one of our fellow cruisers;

We have used your site for Princess obstructed views several times, would like to offer a little donation for your trouble but you don't have a Paypal or other link on your page to allow this.

Have you considered putting a little PayPal link for people who would like to say thank you?

My response was as follows;

"However much I like your suggestion I did not put this site together to make money on it. It started out as a retirement project and to me it is more a hobby than anything else.

As you might have noticed, if you visited my website recently, I placed a note on the top of most pages encouraging people to make a donation to their local children’s hospital. We ourselves have 8 grand children, in perfect health I might add, and feel very blessed with them.

However, there are so many children that are not so lucky and require a lot of medical attention. We think of our grand kids as the future of this planet and our country and the healthier they are the better it is.

So, if you feel compelled to make a donation, make it to the children’s hospital of your choice.

I am glad you were able to use the website to your advantage and hope you will use it many more times (it means you cruise a lot ;))

Kind regards, Theo

If there are more people that feel they should donate, please do to a children's hospital near you. Your (grand) children will thank you one day.

Theo

Very cool of you and a great suggestion. I've used your information a few times and ended up with obstructed view cabins that did not have any obstruction.:):):) Thank you for information.

• 2 weeks later...
Still need lots of pictures of the Royal/Regal obstructed cabins.

Please help your fellow cruisers out by posting here or sending me your pictures.

theog99@telus.net

Theo

Theo the website is great, I have used it a lot. It would be very helpful if you got some pictures of the Lido and Marina deck forward obstructed view cabins on Regal/Royal too. I did find some, but it took a bit of doing and searching.

Hi Theo,

I hope you will change the picture of E505 on the Royal/Regal as per our recent email exchange as it is clearly E506. Perhaps those who have been in the Starboard side of either of those ships will send you photos, since the Royal/Regal, unlike other ships, is different on the Starboard side than the Port side.

I have used and benefitted from your wonderful site for two upcoming cruises and really appreciate all your hard work.

Hi Theo' date='

I hope you will change the picture of E505 on the Royal/Regal as per our recent email exchange as it is clearly E506. All done Perhaps those who have been in the Starboard side of either of those ships will send you photos, since the Royal/Regal, unlike other ships, is different on the Starboard side than the Port side. That would be nice

I have used and benefitted from your wonderful site for two upcoming cruises and really appreciate all your hard work. My pleasure

Theo

Thanks again to one of our CC members who brought to my attention the addition of 2 inside cabins on the Emerald deck of the Golden Princess. I was either asleep or had a senior moment but I missed the announcement.

This screwed up the numbering in the 300 section on the port side of the Emerald deck.

I added a separate deck plan which shows those cabins and also adjusted the description for the cabins affected.

You can find this info here https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-301--327

Theo

Hi Theo:

I think I may have been the one to mention the cabins on Emerald Deck. I am completely new to Princess and came across your photos via Google. I saw the update to your website about the cabin numbering, and I thank you so much. Your catalogue has helped me SO much. Before I discovered your website, I had accidently booked a cabin that was almost completely obstructed. We are in E230 now, which I hope will be better.

I would be happy to try and get the Golden photos that you need. I am on the Golden Princess on August 23rd and will do my best.

Thank you so much for this tremendous body of work. What a wonderful resource!

(and a big "Hey" from another BC cruiser!!!).

• 4 weeks later...

This is really great.

Sorry if I sound skeptical. But can anyone confirm that E415 on the Caribbean Princess is completely unobstructed? I guess the deck plans can be decieving.

If this is true I'd like to move to change my booking like right now!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone have a picture of Ruby Princess cabin E405. I was going to book that cabin (obstucted view) because I saw no lifeboats in front and the agent from Princess said you face alot of equipment and wires. I didnt want that kind of view so I opted for another obstructed cabin. Just wondering how E405 would have looked. I'm 9 months out so I can still change cabins if its still available.

Just recently retired and I’m looking for a project to keep me out of my DW way.

It seems to me that the obstructed view cabins have a lot of people wondering what they should expect and rightly so.

I know there is a tread that lists a lot of info about obstructed view cabins but I’m wondering if it would be useful to have something similar as they have on the HAL forum where you can check out a lot of cabins.

The only thing I would change is that this tread would only be for obstructed view cabins.

To get things started I have compiled pictures (good ones and bad ones) of cabins with obstructed view from most of the Princess fleet. I downloaded those pictures mainly from CC treads but also from other sites on the internet. However, I like to know if I’m breaking any rules by posting those pictures.

As far as I know, whatever is available on line is public domain but I could be wrong.

Anybody care to give me some info.

Also like to know what our moderator’s view is on this.

Theo

Love that you did that! I had already seen our Crown Princess Obstructed (but not really) cabin E702, which is why we chose that one in the first place!

Thanks...very helpful!