Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

I am receiving many emails asking me why this tread is not a "Sticky". Many, many moons ago I asked the moderators to make it a sticky but so far it did not happen.

IMHO it would go very well with the following stickies;

"Princess Cabin Reviews"

"3000+ Photos of the Regal Princess"

So here I go again and request the moderators to make this tread a sticky. If it can not be done this way I would like to know how to go about it.

In the meantime I still need a few pictures for some of the ships, check my website to find out which ones are missing.

Theo

Well it looks like it is not going to happen (the Sticky that is) so I will try to keep this tread as far to the top as possible for the benefit of our fellow cruisers who travel in obstructed view cabins.

Theo

I am in the process of prepping my website for the arrival of the Majestic Princess. Looking at the deck plans on the Princess website I noticed that they made some changes for the Emerald & Dolphin decks.

As far as I can tell this does not change the obstructed view section, merely it changes some of the categories.

I wonder if people, who are in the know, can help me out by confirming that the obstructed view balconies are the same as on the Royal & Regal Princess.

Again, any pictures of these ships are always much appreciated.

Theo

Not in the know, but as far as I can tell from looking at the deck plans and construction photos, there will be no impact to the obstructed view cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not in the know, but as far as I can tell from looking at the deck plans and construction photos, there will be no impact to the obstructed view cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you mind to share where I can find those construction poto's.

Theo

• 1 month later...

Thank you so very much for compiling all your photos. I do hope that CC will make it a Sticky.

In the meantime I've bookmarked the info and have referred to it several times.

Using your photos, I chose cabins with minimal obstructions for our next cruise. Our PVP tried to "upgrade" us to a fully obstructed cabin in what she said was a better location. I told her "no upgrades" unless it was to a balcony.

• 4 weeks later...

Just came off the Star Princess and noticed some discrepancies with cabins E209-E210

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-201--231

and E327-E330

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-301--327

I have no idea if the same goes for the Grand & Golden.

Theo

Did you post a thread on just Royal/Regal obstructed view cabins? If so, where?

The Royal and Regal have no ocean view cabins.

The others are listed under Royal/Regal on his website.

Look at the index/key on the left of the main page and scroll to the bottom.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-201--231

Edited by Colo Cruiser

The Royal and Regal have no ocean view cabins.

The others are listed under Royal/Regal on his website.

Look at the index/key on the left of the main page and scroll to the bottom.

Thanks Keith.

Or you can click here https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/ and go to the Regal/Royal right away.

Remember that some mobile devices do not show some links especially the ones in our signature.

Theo

I had might balcony as I thought Royal/Regal had different balcony than other ships.

I have Renmar thread marked, a great site.

I had thought someone had posted just Royal/Regal cabins.

Edited by phabric

Just emailed you a Royal obstructed balcony pix... Thank you sooo much for all your work on this site....we have used it, and submitted pix, many times...great resource😍

Happy Holidays🎄🎄

Got it, thanks a lot for all your contributions much appreciated.

Theo

• 3 months later...
Theo, I recently got off the Royal and was in E703. A couple of comments about the "obstructed" (that aren't obstructed) balconies from E630-704 and E631-705. These cabins are above the door to the Promenade and you can hear the door slamming. I think people should be made aware of this and perhaps a note made on the site. :) Also, they are fully obstructed looking forward:

3d642ea58114a7a0882ebcbc0059b9ed.jpg

Whew, found this thread after a long search!

Pam, thanks for that info! We are considering E630 but I was afraid of hearing that door to the Promenade slamming 24/7. This confirms my fears! Maybe we'll pass on this cabin.

I thought the doors were the heavy automatic type, not people causing the "slamming"

I am in E701 next month and will let you know about my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much. We will look forward to your feedback.

We have E701 booked for 15 days in the Fall.

Enjoy your cruise,

Denise

I thought the doors were the heavy automatic type, not people causing the "slamming"

I will look forward to your feedback also.

We all know it takes some effort to open those doors, we can use the same kind of effort to try to close them a little bit more silent.

Theo

I am interested in hearing, too. Please let us know.

Edited by metairiegal
typo

• 1 month later...
Thanks so much. We will look forward to your feedback.

We have E701 booked for 15 days in the Fall.

Enjoy your cruise,

Denise

Denise,

I was in E701 Regal Baltic April 30 and haven't posted my full review yet. I have a video of the door if you want to email me. I wasn't more disturbed by the sound of the door any more than the sounds from neighboring cabin doors shutting and people talking in the hallway. If I had to describe the sound I would compare it to what it sounds like on a plane when the flight attendant shuts the over head nearby. It does creak before it shuts. My mom is a light sleeper and wasn't disturbed. The location near the aft elevators was great for us for the Allegro dining room and Horizon Court.

Denise,

I was in E701 Regal Baltic April 30 and haven't posted my full review yet. I have a video of the door if you want to email me. I wasn't more disturbed by the sound of the door any more than the sounds from neighboring cabin doors shutting and people talking in the hallway. If I had to describe the sound I would compare it to what it sounds like on a plane when the flight attendant shuts the over head nearby. It does creak before it shuts. My mom is a light sleeper and wasn't disturbed. The location near the aft elevators was great for us for the Allegro dining room and Horizon Court.

Wow!! Thanks so very much!! I have been checking to see if you have posted. I am so pleased you did. Doesn't sound too bad. I am in Puerto Vallarta until tomorrow. I will send you an email when I return home on Monday.

Thanks again!!

Denise

• 4 months later...
Does anyone have a picture of the view from p241 or 242 grand princess

Can't decide it I should go with the 5 th or 8 floor

Thank you

Those aren't obstructed OV. This thread is about obst. OV.

You could post a new thread with the question, but if the prices are close or deck 5 is affordable for you, book deck 5. No obstruction to worry about.