Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

I made a couple of changes for the Emerald/Crown/Ruby. I received some better pictures from one of our fellow cruisers for E203 & E204.

Also a addition to the Ocean/Pacific Princess about obstructed balcony cabins--7112 & 7117.

Remember that Ocean Princess is leaving Princess sometime in the near future.

Theo

Sorry, if I overlooked it, but I cannot find any pics of the Marina deck obstructed cabins on the Royal. m115, in particular. I'm guessing no one sent you any. :(

Thanks for doing this!

Sorry, if I overlooked it, but I cannot find any pics of the Marina deck obstructed cabins on the Royal. m115, in particular. I'm guessing no one sent you any. :(

Thanks for doing this!

There are no pictures because they are not obstructed view cabins. On the Princess deck plans they are classified as obstructed because of a solid railing but that is a mistake. The railings are normal see-through and the category will be changed from BZ to BF in 2016.

Theo

• 3 months later...

OK it is about time to bring this tread to the top again so that all the new cruisers can benefit from it.

It also gives me a chance to remind everyone that ANY picture of any obstructed view cabins on all the Princess ships are still welcome and in particular for the ROYAL & REGAL. Now these days with all the sophisticated cameras the quality of the pictures will get better.

Thanks to all of you that have (and will) send pictures.

Theo

I made a couple of changes for the Emerald/Crown/Ruby. I received some better pictures from one of our fellow cruisers for E203 & E204.

Also a addition to the Ocean/Pacific Princess about obstructed balcony cabins--7112 & 7117.

Remember that Ocean Princess is leaving Princess sometime in the near future.

Theo

Are the pictures from the Emerald Princess on the same site for the Royal? If so, I can't seem to find them.

Thanks!

Theo

Thanks again for your ever so helpful web site. Your time is much appreciated by all.

Am I having a blonde moment.... are there pics of the Caribbean Princess obstructed? I click on it, but nothing happens. Computer glitch on my side?

Reba, the Caribbean Princess has a little different deck plan....so the decks are not listed on the menu on the left....just click on Caribbean Princess on the left and then you can click to see the obstructed cabins?

Or try this: https://sites.google.com/site/caribbeanemeralddeck/home/cabins-701-731

Edited by suzyed

Just recently retired and I’m looking for a project to keep me out of my DW way.

It seems to me that the obstructed view cabins have a lot of people wondering what they should expect and rightly so.

I know there is a tread that lists a lot of info about obstructed view cabins but I’m wondering if it would be useful to have something similar as they have on the HAL forum where you can check out a lot of cabins.

The only thing I would change is that this tread would only be for obstructed view cabins.

To get things started I have compiled pictures (good ones and bad ones) of cabins with obstructed view from most of the Princess fleet. I downloaded those pictures mainly from CC treads but also from other sites on the internet. However, I like to know if I’m breaking any rules by posting those pictures.

As far as I know, whatever is available on line is public domain but I could be wrong.

Anybody care to give me some info.

Also like to know what our moderator’s view is on this.

Theo

Do you only feature Princess ships? Or do you have photos for other lines too?

Once more we were able to find a great cabin on the Grand!! Without your website, it wouldn't be so simple. Funny that it is always the Grand that we either have an inside or obstructed view.

Thanks again, Denise.

You are all very welcome. Maybe as a token of your appreciation you could take a picture and send them to me so

I can replace some of the older pictures on the website. Also, I would be very much interested to know if there are any discrepencies between the website and the real views.

Theo.

You are all very welcome. Maybe as a token of your appreciation you could take a picture and send them to me so

I can replace some of the older pictures on the website. Also, I would be very much interested to know if there are any discrepencies between the website and the real views.

Theo.

I'll be happy too. Sailing on the Grand 10/24/15. By the way, we also donate to Children's Hospital in Oakland, Ca every year.

Cheers, Denise

• 3 weeks later...

Theo.

So far so good, I received a couple of new pictures from CC members, thank you. A few for the Regal/Royal and also some better pictures to replace the low quality ones for the Crown/Emerald/Ruby.

Theo

• 4 weeks later...

Again a few updates, this time for the Caribbean Princess. Cabins E224 & E225 added and better quality pictures for E 414 & E415.

Thanks go to Tracy (happiest when cruising) and Bruce (he knows).

Keep them coming please.:)

Theo

On our 2 cruises with Princess, the first one was, I think, on Dawn. The boat was outside the window making everything orange, and to see we looked through 2 boat small windows - I called it "tunnel vision" and promised to never again get an obstructed cabin.

Now, maybe 10 years later, got unexpected vacation. Window cabins in the middle of Grand Princess were gone, we risked to get obstructed on deck 8 Emerald. The lower part of the window was blocked, but the upper half was opened, it was like having a smaller window, and even managed to get a few good shots of sunset.

• 1 month later...

Well, a few of our fellow cruisers did send me some more pictures for the Royal/Regal Princess.

Added are the following cabins; E326-E327-E328-E329-E511-E609 and E610.

Thanks to all who contributed.

We still have a lot of empty spaces so please have a look at your pictures and see if you have a few that we might be able to use.

Theo

Hi Theo,

Somewhere along the way you removed the picture you had of E506. I know you had it because I was the one who pointed out the difference between the Starboard side of these ships and Port side. You have the correct one now of E505, but I think you should go through Dave's original pictures, because Imthink that's where E506 was.

We are going to be on the Regal in December. I can take pictures on turnaround day. This is going to sound like a dumb question, but how do I denote each shot so I know which cabin the picture is of? Any suggestions? I will be using my IPhone.

Hi Theo' date='

Somewhere along the way you removed the picture you had of E506. I know you had it because I was the one who pointed out the difference between the Starboard side of these ships and Port side. You have the correct one now of E505, but I think you should go through Dave's original pictures, because Imthink that's where E506 was.

We are going to be on the Regal in December. I can take pictures on turnaround day. This is going to sound like a dumb question, but how do I denote each shot so I know which cabin the picture is of? Any suggestions? I will be using my IPhone.[/quote']

Thanks again for pointing this out. I will see if I can find those pictures.

As for taking pictures that would be awesome. This is the way I did it when we were on board the Ruby and Sapphire; Take a picture of the cabin number and then take a picture of the view.

Most cabin stewards were very accommodating when I asked.

You can email them directly to me at theog99@telus.net

Again, thanks for doing this.

Theo

• 1 month later...