Obstructed view pictures.

Renmar

This tread should be made a sticky  

122 members have voted

1. 1. This tread should be made a sticky

• Agree
    • Disagree

Would anyone have a picture of Ruby Princess cabin E405. I was going to book that cabin (obstucted view) because I saw no lifeboats in front and the agent from Princess said you face alot of equipment and wires. I didnt want that kind of view so I opted for another obstructed cabin. Just wondering how E405 would have looked. I'm 9 months out so I can still change cabins if its still available.

My mistake. E405 isnt considered obstructed. I will check out E414 or E415 because from the layout I don't see any lifeboats in front of it.

As of now I have the following;

Sister ships: Caribbean—Crown—Emerald—Ruby. (60 pictures for each ship)

Sister ships: Diamond—Sapphire. (52 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Golden—Grand—Star. (90 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Dawn—Sea—Sun. (0 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Coral—Island. (2 pictures of each ship)

Sister ships: Ocean—Pacific. (0 pictures of each ship)

And of course the new Royal Princess. (no pictures available yet)

As the Port side is 99.9% identical to the Starboard side on all the ships it makes sense to only post the pictures of either side although I do have them for both sides.

I like to say thank you to a lot of people that posted pictures before but like to mention especially “KOOLJAMMING” who apparently ran down some hallways to take a lot of pictures.

Disclaimer; Although I try to be as accurate as possible there is no 100% guaranty what you see is what you get.

Theo

Great site! Thanks!

Just recently retired and I’m looking for a project to keep me out of my DW way.

It seems to me that the obstructed view cabins have a lot of people wondering what they should expect and rightly so.

I know there is a tread that lists a lot of info about obstructed view cabins but I’m wondering if it would be useful to have something similar as they have on the HAL forum where you can check out a lot of cabins.

The only thing I would change is that this tread would only be for obstructed view cabins.

To get things started I have compiled pictures (good ones and bad ones) of cabins with obstructed view from most of the Princess fleet. I downloaded those pictures mainly from CC treads but also from other sites on the internet. However, I like to know if I’m breaking any rules by posting those pictures.

As far as I know, whatever is available on line is public domain but I could be wrong.

Anybody care to give me some info.

Also like to know what our moderator’s view is on this.

Theo

I just posted some pictures of Suite C750 on the Ruby. It has the dreaded beam which was actually not a problem at all. Had plenty of space and the room was quite nice. Thread name is Ruby Princess Vista Suite C750

I just wanted to say it is wonderful that so many people share and contribute these cabin photos. And the obstructed view cabins have been wonderful for me, even though I have yet to stay in one. We booked one for our Princess cruise in 2013 and were given a free balcony upgrade 2 days before sailing, then when we were looking to book our cruise November cruise we were looking at going with Obstructed view, even ones that were very Obstructed then when we went to book Balcony cabins were on sale for only $50 pp more than the obstructed view ( at least once you count the higher amount of onboard credit for the balcony) which was also cheaper than the non-obstructed ocean view cabins, so we will be ending up back in a balcony cabin again.

• 2 weeks later...
I just posted some pictures of Suite C750 on the Ruby. It has the dreaded beam which was actually not a problem at all. Had plenty of space and the room was quite nice. Thread name is Ruby Princess Vista Suite C750

Just off the Ruby myself after 36 days.

Did not know about the obstruction for this suite, I will see if there is enough room on the site for this info.

Also like to mention that there are a few new pictures for the Caribbean (fixed some mistakes:o)-Star & Regal/Royal Princess.

Still missing pictures for the ships that sail Down Under, the 2 small ships (Ocean & Pacific) and of course for the Regal & Royal.

Theo

Theo, I recently got off the Royal and was in E703. A couple of comments about the "obstructed" (that aren't obstructed) balconies from E630-704 and E631-705. These cabins are above the door to the Promenade and you can hear the door slamming. I think people should be made aware of this and perhaps a note made on the site. :) Also, they are fully obstructed looking forward:

3d642ea58114a7a0882ebcbc0059b9ed.jpg

Theo, I recently got off the Royal and was in E703. A couple of comments about the "obstructed" (that aren't obstructed) balconies from E630-704 and E631-705. These cabins are above the door to the Promenade and you can hear the door slamming. I think people should be made aware of this and perhaps a note made on the site. :) Also, they are fully obstructed looking forward:

3d642ea58114a7a0882ebcbc0059b9ed.jpg

Thanks Pam for that info I'll make a note on the website.

Theo

• 4 weeks later...

Just like to bring this tread to the top again so it will be easier to find for all the new cruisers out there.

And to all you seasoned cruisers, have a look at your own pictures and see if you have some I can use on the website. There are still a few pictures missing for some of the ships.

Thanks in advance.

Theo

• 4 weeks later...

I hope the moderators won't mind that I keep bringing this tread to the top so all new CC members have an easier time finding the information about obstructed view cabins.

Still need a few pictures for some of the ships. Again, please have a look at your own pictures and see if you have any I can use.

Theo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally had a chance to upgrade the pages that have the pictures of the obstructed cabins on the Regal & Royal Princess.

It is not nearly complete but we are getting there.

Also, as far as I know there are a few more obstructed cabins on other decks (other than Emerald deck). I would appreciate if anybody that has pictures of those cabins could send them to me. My email is theog99@telus.net .Any pictures that are ,even remotely, related to obstructed view cabins (any Princess ship) are also welcome.

Here is the link to the Royal & Regal pages; https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home

Theo

Hi Theo,

I hope you know I am one of your biggest fans, and appreciate all the work you've done. However, if you look at the ship picture with the cabin numbers listed you will see that E505 and E511 are not accurately portrayed when you show the individual cabin pictures. E505 does not have a lifeboat in front of it, it has davits. I think E506 has the boat. And E511 has a boat in front of it when you look at the ship picture, but your individual picture shows a Davit.

I hope someone will take a picture of E505 on the Royal/Regal from the inside looking out so we can get an accurate picture.

Thanks again for all your hard work. We all appreciate it.

Hi Theo' date='

I hope you know I am one of your biggest fans, and appreciate all the work you've done. However, if you look at the ship picture with the cabin numbers listed you will see that E505 and E511 are not accurately portrayed when you show the individual cabin pictures. E505 does not have a lifeboat in front of it, it has davits. I think E506 has the boat. And E511 has a boat in front of it when you look at the ship picture, but your individual picture shows a Davit.

I hope someone will take a picture of E505 on the Royal/Regal from the inside looking out so we can get an accurate picture.

Thanks again for all your hard work. We all appreciate it.[/quote']

Thanks for pointing it out, back to the drawing board. Also noticed some more inaccuracies; E505 picture is actually E515--E511 picture should be E505-- E521 shows the Portside picture instead of Starboard.

Oh well, gives me something to do.

Nice to have some fans :D (I knew you were ;))

You think Princess will give me a free cruise so I can take all the picture??? I know, dream on.

Theo

okay, now I think E 506 is showing E505. I can't find Dave's pics, but it seems to me that you had the correct pic for E 506 before. I believe the port side has a boat. That's when I first noticed the Royal and Regal were different than any other ships in the fleet. They are not mirror images.

Thanks for the quick response and changes😊

Theo:

Thank you for all the work that you have done and still do. When we were thinking of booking the Star Princess going to Hawaii I checked out the obstructed cabins. We booked on the Emerald deck, thanks to you we found great cabins!! Thanks again.

Carol

• 1 month later...

Please be advised that I have to revise some of the pictures/views of the Royal and the Regal because of the extra tender on one side of the ship.

As soon as we are back from Mexico by the end of March I will get at it. In the mean time be assured that the existing pictures are very close to the exact location.

Theo

Sent from my GT-P7510

Please be advised that I have to revise some of the pictures/views of the Royal and the Regal because of the extra tender on one side of the ship.

As soon as we are back from Mexico by the end of March I will get at it. In the mean time be assured that the existing pictures are very close to the exact location.Theo Sent from my GT-P7510

Sounds great Theo, thanks for keeping this up to date. :)