Why were passengers fingerprinted on the Pearl A.M. 10/14

stormynow

Sailed the Pearl 2 nite 10/14. Passengers still disembarking at noon. Several said everyyone was finger printed b/4 allowed to leave. No body knew why.

Were you fingerprinted? If so, did you ask for the reason? If not, is this just a second-hand report?

While waiting to board Pearl on 10/14, disembarking passengers still leaving ship at noon. Asked several if ship arrived Miami late. Stated on time but all passengers fingerprinted b/4 allowed to leave. No one knew why.

While waiting to board Pearl on 10/14, disembarking passengers still leaving ship at noon. Asked several if ship arrived Miami late. Stated on time but all passengers fingerprinted b/4 allowed to leave. No one knew why.

I think someone was misinformed, not ALL passengers would have been fingerprinted, only non-U.S. citizens.

We were fingerprinted on disembarking Pearl on 14/10 but we are from UK and are always fingerprinted when entering or leaving the US.

Disembarkation took forever and we were informed that the delay was because the customs were doing full baggage searches. We assumed this was because of the our last port of call was Columbia.

It took so long to disembark that our post-cruise tour ending at the airport was curtailed by over an hour.

We were fingerprinted on disembarking Pearl on 14/10 but we are from UK and are always fingerprinted when entering or leaving the US.

Disembarkation took forever and we were informed that the delay was because the customs were doing full baggage searches. We assumed this was because of the our last port of call was Columbia.

It took so long to disembark that our post-cruise tour ending at the airport was curtailed by over an hour.

Ah... US customs was probably "sniffing" for something. :D:eek: ;) This makes more sense then everyone being fingerprinted. :)

I live in Canada and cross the boarder all the time. I have never been fingerprinted when entering the US. We also just came back from a cruise that docked in Miami and were not asked to be fingerprinted.

No me either but then again we are kind of like "kissing cousins" to the U.S. We share a lot of information that helps make our travel just a little easier. It is like one of our cruises, we were able to line up with U.S. citizens for entry back into the U.S., as long as our declaration document was filled in correctly, instead of the other line that were from other countries.

Thanks everyone, sure that Mandyc had a good explanation. Folks I talked to must have been non US or non Canada. Probably should not have posted the question. Stormy

I wouldn't say you shouldn't have posted it, since there are a lot of new cruisers on these boards that perhaps were from different countries and now they know they may be fingerprinted. I think the use of "everyone" and "no one" lead to some confusion.

Archived