BF definition

onafocus

BF stands for "Before Fairy". I jest. It is the category of your chosen cabin. If you opted for a guarantee BF booking, you may be the recipient of, say, a BE, BD, BB, or BA cabin courtesy of the Upgrade Fairy. I must emphasize "may"

Just a question from a first time cruiser. I am going on the Dawn Princess on 17th February, 2012 and was wondering what guaranteed BF category means.

Can someone please help?

There are 4 cabins in the forward area of the Caribe deck of the Dawn Princess that are coded as BF.

This required a "mouse-over" of the deck plans - point at cabin C220 as an example.

Your BF Guarantee lets you pay for a BF balcony cabin, however you may actually be assigned ANY balcony cabin on the ship by Princess. You are guaranteed at least the BF category and if you are one of the 4 assignments who actually get those cabins you will get exactly what you have paid for. Chances are that you will receive a cabin assignment in another "higher" category. Many consider this an "upgrade" as you could get a cabin with a normally greater price, without having to pay that price. For instance on my upcoming cruise I paid for a BF cabin guarantee and received a BD cabin assignment.

We have an attitude that any balcony cabin on a Princess Cruise ship is good. And in your case with Dawn Princess, you are not dealing with differences in covered/non-covered balconies as on the larger ships.

I hope you get a great cabin assignment and have a fantastic cruise !

Thank you all for the details. I have now found out that I have been given this cabin

BB A722 on the Dawn Princess.

I hope it will be nice and I am very much looking forward to my first cruise. Hopefully I will catch the Cruise Bug and this cruise will be the start of many more to come.

Cruise critic has certainly helped me and I enjoy reading all posts re cruising life.

Thank you all for the details. I have now found out that I have been given this cabin

BB A722 on the Dawn Princess.

I hope it will be nice and I am very much looking forward to my first cruise. Hopefully I will catch the Cruise Bug and this cruise will be the start of many more to come.

Cruise critic has certainly helped me and I enjoy reading all posts re cruising life.

That's a nice upgrade. A722 is somewhat aft (we prefer aft cabins). The Dawn Princess was our first cruise ship and we absolutely fell in love with cruising:). We have cruise #14 and 15 booked (one in January 2012 and the other in April 2013)! Have a great time.

Have just spoken to my travel agent and was advised that the cabin could change right up to the day of the cruise. Cruise personaliser has it as BB 722.

Is this correct?

There is always the rare possibility of another upgrade. If you are happy where you have been assigned and would not want a higher category cabin, have your TA (or Princess if booked directly) have it marked as no upgrade.

Thanks, another upgrade would be wonderful. I have been told that A722 is under the Spa. Has anyone stayed in the cabin and if so was it noisy?

There should be little to no noise under the spa. You should be aware that another upgrade could move you to under the pool deck, where early morning chair placement/moving would be noisy. That would be more midship which is considered an upgrade from the aft cabins. If it were me, I would place a "no upgrade" on A722 - but that, of course, is entirely up to you. Have a wonderful cruise.:D

Archived