Anytime Dining Going Away?

RMLincoln

I just talked with friends in Australia who got off Sea Princess in Sydney a day or two ago and they said that as Sea Princess continues on her Circum-Australia cruise they will not have Anytime Dining. My friends used it on their trans-pacific cruise and enjoyed it very much. Has anyone else heard that ATD is going away? Or is this a one-time departure from what we've come to expect as the norm, to have one half of one dining room dedicated to ATD?

I think it may be an Australian thing. I don't see it going away for cruises that cater to North Americans/ Europeans, etc....

The Princess market in Australia seems to have their own set of standards which is different then the rest of the market.

I just talked with friends in Australia who got off Sea Princess in Sydney a day or two ago and they said that as Sea Princess continues on her Circum-Australia cruise they will not have Anytime Dining. My friends used it on their trans-pacific cruise and enjoyed it very much. Has anyone else heard that ATD is going away? Or is this a one-time departure from what we've come to expect as the norm, to have one half of one dining room dedicated to ATD?

They do not offer anytime dining on the Sun Class ships when they sail out of Australia. This hasn't just happened, but it's been this way for sometime. It has nothing to do with the ships that sail normally for Princess in other parts of the world. ;) No worry!

Thank you for the clarification. The folks on these boards are the best! :D

It didn't occur to me that it could be an Australian thing. I think it would be regressive to do away with Anytime Dining.... just my opinion.

We were supposed to cruise the Ocean Princess last month, and there was no anytime dining either.

The difference in the smaller ships is that they only have one dining room. Therefore they can not offer anytime dining. Remember, these ships were not built for Princess, but the Renaissance cruise line that went under some years ago.

Even though they don't offer anytime dining, the smaller ships (Pacific and Ocean) are some of the best IMHO.

The Sun Princess and Dawn Princess each have two dining rooms. I assume that the Sea Princess is the same.

Both the Sun and Dawn have only had traditional dining while operating out of Australia, and the Sea Princess, now that she has arrived in Aust, will operate the same way. Ms Sherry, CEO of Carnival Australia announced that "Aussies prefer traditional dining".

Anytime Dining was introduced into P & O ships a couple of years ago and was greeted with enthusiasm. However on one ship with only one large dining room it hasn't operated very well. I feel it has been the way it has been managed.

The difference in the smaller ships is that they only have one dining room. Therefore they can not offer anytime dining. Remember, these ships were not built for Princess, but the Renaissance cruise line that went under some years ago.

Even though they don't offer anytime dining, the smaller ships (Pacific and Ocean) are some of the best IMHO.

Hi When we were on the Sea Princes we had anytime dining and she had two dinning rooms.

Hi When we were on the Sea Princes we had anytime dining and she had two dinning rooms.

By the smaller ships, I was talking about (and mentioned) the Pacific and the Ocean Princess in that post. ;)

The Sea Princess did have anytime dining when it sailed out of the US, but since it went down under, and sails for the Australian Market now, it has only traditional dining.

Archived