Marriott hotel in Rome

mlleach

In 2007 we stayed at the Marriott Grand Flora on the Via Venetto for 3 nights post-cruise, and we are staying there again this Friday (hooray!) for 2 nights pre-cruise.

We liked the location, lots of shops & restaurants in the area. We are walkers and found it was a good base to go to just about all of the tourist sites, except the Vatican, so we took the subway.

The hotel is right next to the Villa Borghese, a huge park with beautiful gardens, statues, a museum ...

It's also fairly close to the US Embassy, which is especially good to know these days!

The hotel itself is beautiful, excellent service as you would expect from a 5-star Marriott, has a roof-top restaurant with beautiful views!!

Did I mention we'll be staying there again this Friday?? This time, though, we'll be earning points not using them!

I'll second the Grand Flora. I used points there this summer for a pre-cruise stay and it was a very nice hotel in a good location. You won't be right beside any of the major sightseeing venues, but you'll be a short distance away. If you're going to be using the metro while in Rome, there is an entrance very close across the street from the hotel, but after you enter, you must walk for several minutes in underground (safe) connector tunnels to get to the station. But it was still quite convenient. I recommend.

Hi, We have a reservation for this weekend also. How far to the Vatican...we would be willing to take a taxi?

Thanks!

Google maps shows it about a 3 mile drive (or a 2 mile walk) from where the Marriott Grand Flora is to St. Peters Square. But a cab may take a different path to get there, so it may vary. I wouldn't recommend trying to walk it unless you really had time and desire. If I were doing it, I would walk to the Spagna Metro station (the one I refer to above that has an entrance near the hotel, but requires a few minutes (maybe 10??) walk to get to the actual station). From Spagna, you can take the Metro for 3 stops to the Ottaviano/San Pietro (St. Peters) stop. From there the Vatican is a short walk (maybe 5 minutes to Vatican Museum or 10 minutes to the St. Peters entrance). If you'd rather avoid the subway, then I would recommend a taxi.

Archived