Host Dan,,,or others,,why doesnt Silverseas

alexandra cruiser

I seem to recall that there was a thread asking about having Silversea also in the "roll call" section. The prevailing opinion was that the volume of cruises and passengers wouldn't lend itself to a formal roll call section so the "Silversea" board also serves as a roll call section. I couldn't find the thread but that's my memory of it.

This debate has appeared on all the luxe lines boards I moderate, and it was overwhelming that SS posters wanted one-stop shopping!

Host Dan

Our host is right. The Silversea population is still small enough that one encompassing column would be more convenient for most!

Lately it seems like there are more Roll Calls than "regular" threads on the SS board. Though an infrequent poster, but frequent lurker, I am finding it difficult to find threads that aren't Roll Calls. I would like to see a separate section just for Roll Calls, so I can find threads that are pertinent to all things Silversea more easily.

Lately it seems like there are more Roll Calls than "regular" threads on the SS board. Though an infrequent poster, but frequent lurker, I am finding it difficult to find threads that aren't Roll Calls. I would like to see a separate section just for Roll Calls, so I can find threads that are pertinent to all things Silversea more easily.

and end up looking at so many roll calls ,,I just go on to next section.

Having been on Seabourn and Regent,,both had roll call section and small ,luxury ships...

I am currently trying to "get a feel" for the line,,and "may" book one next year to Black Sea...its between 3 others..just trying to compare posts,reviews,etc.....no biggie,,was just wondering...:confused:

Having been on Seabourn and Regent,,both had roll call section and small ,luxury ships...

As I see it, and I am an admitted Type A++ personality and retired librarian, a Roll Call would make things nice and tidy and easy to find. For me a Roll Call would put things in order.

I kind of feel like a bit of an outsider here having booked but not taken our first, but hopefully not last, Silversea cruise but I'll have to say I find the roll calls mixed in with the regular discussion threads hard to follow. That said I can't say I'm a big roll call person.

One thing I like about having the roll calls intermingled is that they're not simply, "I'm on the cruise!" type posts but also informative posts about the specific cruise, ship, ports and people. I probably wouldn't take the time to look in a Roll Call section but, for example the current roll call for the Wind Feb 3 Cape Town trip has good information regarding Cape Town. Now, I'm not on this cruise but I am on a cruise that ends at Cape Town in early Feb. I might've not seen info had it not been for the Roll Call's being on this page.

Plus, this board isn't so busy that non-roll call posts get lost in the fray.

Just my 2¢...adjusted for inflation.

I have no real interest in roll calls. They might be helpful on a mega ship where you're interested in connecting with like minded people -- but Silversea ships are small enough that it's not difficult to make new friends. I am always interested in where frequent floaters I know are cruising, and I see that, along with other helpful information, on Silversea's CC page.

JMO -- FWIW -- ;)

Agree with others that roll calls should stay as they are. Lot's of good information even if one is not on that particular cruise. Seabourn's are separate and very few folks participate, at least that was my experience from a cruise several months ago.

Archived