Walkie talkies

cruisin'77

Do people really take walkie talkies on board to stay in touch particularly with larger groups? If so, any recommendations for cheap ones? We have a day of shopping in Miami before the cruise so can pick it up then (along with Bonine!) I'm a Brit so looking forward to the £ to $ exchange rate!

Happy Cruisin'

x:px

wE DID try them on our first cruise and they were more annoying then anything.

Many people on the ship have them so all the channels are being used.

You will hear many kids screaming for MOM / Dad and the Mom / Dad replying. Many Mom/dads.

Your best bet to keep in touch is to use the voice mail on the telephones. Leave notes on the doors.

use the activity pages for the daily events so you know where you will be at any given time.

If you do decide to go the route of the walkie talkies-- you need sub channels. and get the kind that come with a charger-- or you will be replacing batteries at an astounding rate.

We tried Cobra talk about

Remember to be mindful of your fellow cruisers.

There is no charge for the cabin phones to call from room to room. You can also use a "house phone" in some of the public areas to call your cabin.

You really don't need walkie talkies...it's not as hard as you might think to know where the rest of your party is. Make plans for the day, leave a note or message if the plans change. There are only so many places on the ship to look....you know you won't be looking in the spa for your 10 year old....and your wife won't be on the sportsdeck or arcade....the great majority of the ship's space is CABINS...no need to concern yourself with any hallway but your own..

So you see...you will not have that much trouble locating each other!

Thanks for your info.. do the cabins have phones in them? I wasn't aware of that. Is there a charge? x:cool:x

Cabins have phones' date=' usually also incorp an alarm call - very useful when crossing time zones, means that for a 7.30 alarm you're not woken at 5.30 :D

You can also ask to use phones in bars, etc. for internal calls.

No charge for internal calls but you will fall out with your bank manager if you use them to phone home.

[b']JB[/b] :)

Thanks for your info.. do the cabins have phones in them? I wasn't aware of that. Is there a charge? x:cool:x

calling cabin to cabin is free- public phones are located in public areas. check around each elevator bank.

Telephones can be used for wake up service also.

(the cabin telephone number is the cabin number)

for a large group you might want to write down each persons cabin number

All cabins have phones nad there is no charge for cabin to cabin calls. V-mail is also free.

In addition there are house phones around the ship.

Thanks, that makes it easier. I wasn't aware of the cabin to cabin phones or house phones. I thought I would be having to use my UK mobile (cellphone!) to contact people and was sweating over the potential phone bill. Sounds like we'll be cool

Regards

Cruisin'77

x

So I can call my sister's cabin and leave a v.mail of where I am going to be at any given time....she can then use a house phone to check her v. mail messages?

like stated= your sister will need to go back to the room to check messages.

The ship may be a floating city but she will find you.

We take different color highliters. go over the days activities-- and mark where we will be.

Archived