Heads-up for k-1 visa holders

marydallas

Never have seen this on this site so felt it worth passing on!! Ny sons future fiancee is arrivingfrom out of the country on a k-1 visa. He had been making plans to take her on a cruise in november, only to learn today (from newspaper column) that her visa would only allow 1 (one) entry into our country - so consequently - no cruise out of usa. We didn't inquire about alaska??? They were interestedin caribbean. Just a little advice. Check with immigration. Mary

Does any cruise line still offer a cruise to nowhere? Been ages since I've noticed one.

This is an interesting post, OP. It probably will save someone reading this thread an 'unpleasant surprise'.

over the years there have been similar posts on cc and on other travel sites.

With increased security more folks are issued the single entry visas. This might make a marriage very difficult.

hi penney again

thanks for the comment. I hope it doesn't make the marriage more difficult....but agree the cruise will be very difficult. Some suggestions have been: Cruise to nowhere???? Or to hawaii. However she is coming in from asia so don't think hawaii will be of much interest right now. Thanks to all mary

Does any cruise line still offer a cruise to nowhere? Been ages since I've noticed one.

This is an interesting post, OP. It probably will save someone reading this thread an 'unpleasant surprise'.

Is it totally impossible to get a multiple entry visa?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't know much about visas but am interested.

I see a few one and two night cruises to nowhere out of NY every year.

The K-1 is a special visa for fiance(e)s of American citizens allowing them to enter the US in order to get married within 90 days of entry. By its very nature it can't be issued in a multiple entry version...you're admitted once to get married. It's not for tourists. After the marriage, you can apply for permanent residency status.

Archived