Flowers purchased on board

drosphot

Yes, that is what is posted but my husband buys a single rose for me for formal night and I always take that off the ship with me and no one has ever said anything.

I tried to take a single rose off once and they told me to throw it away~

I agree with everyone else the answer is no you can not take flowers off!

Only seen it once in 20 cruises.

In Long Beach a gal wanted to take the rose purchased onboard the Paradise. Several agents checked it out and it was cleared to go. If anything was found it would have been placed with the other 'contraband'- oranges, apples, bananas, etc.

Don't know how that rose survived their inspection. The petals were pulled apart and it was hit against the arm an agent's dark blue jacket.

I do not think an orchid would stand up to that kind of scrutiny.

How about carrying flowers on at embark? BV wants BIG BUCKS for simple arrangements, while the DW would be happy with a nice fresh bunch from the supermarket... so I'm thinking just swinging by and getting a nice one and carry it on ourselves. Anyone ever done that?

I bought a $5 bouquet at Pike's Place Market to take on our Alaskan cruise aboard the Golden Princess. The port agents said just to carry them through the metal detector. A large plastic glass from the dollar store works great for a vase.

They lasted the entire week. At the end of our cruise, I just left them and the container in our stateroom.

Yes, that is what is posted but my husband buys a single rose for me for formal night and I always take that off the ship with me and no one has ever said anything.

That is only because you have not been caught. If you are caught it can be a very large fine.

We often have these threads about taking food off in foreign ports, flowers are really no different. Just like you would not take them off the ships in a foreign port you don't get to take plant or food materials off in the US.

Archived