The Beach Bar - Vila: info please

While enquiring about Zorbing in Vila, I received some info about a place / area known as the Beach Bar.

I'd love to know if anyone has spent the whole day there, and if you'd recommend it - for children too. And also, would it be crowded on a cruise port day?

The information I know so far:

The Beach Bar is opposite Hideaway Island, about 15 mins bus ride from town. You can easily catch a bus from the wharf, however be prepared to haggle You should be able to negotiate a 12 seater bus for between $40 - 60. to take your group (up to 12 people) to Mele. If you want to make a day of it in this area I'm sure he would be happy to hang around and take you back at the end of the day as well.

If you come straight out to The Beach Bar in the morning, you will find it is a great place to base your day in Vila. It has great food, the best sandy swimming beach, with free water park toys, aqua bikes and beach volleyball for the customers to play on. There are jet ski tow behinds for hire and beach horse riding can also be organized. The best snorkeling can be done at Hideaway Island only a short 200m ferry ride away, and the famous Cascade waterfalls are only a 15min walk or short bus ride away. If you wish you can do a small tour through the village or one of the local schools to see how the locals live.

Hi there, we did the Zorbing in Vila on our last NYE cruise. You have to get yourself to the beach bar to meet the guy that has the zorbing, he owns the beach bar as well. He is a really nice man, actually is an Aussie.. Zorbing was great and the beach bar has quite a few water activities (free) it is also where the pier is too get to ......OMG I have gone blank..... the island that is very popular, ships offer it as a shore tour, I will think of it after I have posted, sorry..lol.. Fiona:)

Hi there, we did the Zorbing in Vila on our last NYE cruise. You have to get yourself to the beach bar to meet the guy that has the zorbing, he owns the beach bar as well. He is a really nice man, actually is an Aussie.. Zorbing was great and the beach bar has quite a few water activities (free) it is also where the pier is too get to ......OMG I have gone blank..... the island that is very popular, ships offer it as a shore tour, I will think of it after I have posted, sorry..lol.. Fiona:)

Amadee island possibly?

Hideaway Island??

Thanks everyone for your info - I'm still trying to figure out how to spend the day in Vila...

:)

I recommend going to the Mele Cascades by taxi (take swimmers + towels), then wander around the markets and shops in town. Go back to the ship for lunch then wander through the market stalls near the wharf.

Archived