Arrival time NYC and area Airports

dfwguy

Sorry if this question has already been asked. We arrive on the Westbound Southampton-NYC and wondering if QM2 is ever late? Still have not made onward air reservations from NYC airport onward- and wondering how much time to safely allow for departing/customs etc. Hate being rushed -watching the minutes tick by & panicking over potential missed flights. Would scheduling a flight anytime after 1PM EST be 'safe"? thanks to all for the replies.

Not to make you worry, but we were 6 hours late in from Quebec last year. A couple of weeks ago the QM2 was 2 hours late in from Quebec due to the stormy seas.

Maybe the lesson is not to plan too tightly when coming in from Quebec...

I think we will schedule an early evening departure- Buy a day pass at the airport lounge and hang-out..

dfwguy, as an alternative to hanging out in the airport, fellow QM2 passengers from the UK have mentioned that while on board, they booked a Cunard transfer to the airport which included a bus tour of Manhattan and hour or so discretionary time for shopping or lunch in Mid-town. (Being a New Yorker, I have no personal experience of that tour, and I don't know if it's still on offer -just mentioned as a possible alternative.) Best wishes, -S.

Archived