Gem 10504 vs. 9504

mistybaby

I am also booked in 10504. My PCC told me the OS on deck 10 are bigger and the dining room table is situated in a rotunda alcove. He said 10504 was the best OS. I am sailing on the Gem and he said He had sailed on the Jewel and stayed in 10504 and they are identical. He loved it.

I am also booked in 10504. My PCC told me the OS on deck 10 are bigger and the dining room table is situated in a rotunda alcove. He said 10504 was the best OS. I am sailing on the Gem and he said He had sailed on the Jewel and stayed in 10504 and they are identical. He loved it.

I have sailed in both and it's really a toss up. Deck 10 balconies are less private than deck 9. Deck 10 has the dining alcove and a larger living space and one extra window, but deck 9 has a far better bar area, and feels more spacious and less broken up. Can't go wrong with either.

Robin

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Darren,

Nice seeing you on the cruise, our Cruise Critic Meet & Greet was great.

Getting back to the room, I just returned from 10504 on the Gem having trouble getting the pics here but highly recommend 10th floor owners suites over 9th floor. The layout is much more "user friendly" and even though only slightly larger than 9 the overall feel is much bigger.

The front balcony is slightly smaller but still extremely large. I also had the opportunity on our cabin crawl to visit the Deluxe Owners Suite and Garden Villa. Have to say the Garden Villa is ridicilous, anyone that ever gets the opportunity to get one of these rooms by all means you must do it.

On the other hand was disappointed by the Deluxe Owners Suite, the location is great, overlooking the pool area and the balcony with jucuzzi is real nice too but the room is small and the setup is strange. Everyone on the cabin crawl said my room was the best by far (excluding the ridicilous GV of cousre) even the couple in the Deluxe Owners Suite.

We had the new couch in 9504 and my kids slept on it, I thought it was comfortable.

room1.jpg

Thanks. Was the picture to prove to the teacher the kids actually doing homework while out of school? Our DD had to do a daily journal one year when we took her out which she enjoyed. (My DS writes about the bucket of Fosters!)

Thanks. Was the picture to prove to the teacher the kids actually doing homework while out of school? Our DD had to do a daily journal one year when we took her out which she enjoyed. (My DS writes about the bucket of Fosters!)

LOL, he had plenty of homework. Some required internet access, so he was still working all day Sunday when we got back.

Archived