NZ on the Sun Princess Nov 30

Hi, is anyone else going on the Sun Princess to NZ out of Brisbane Nov 30?

Doesn't seem to be a rollcall for it.

My first Princess cruise, so I hope it all goes well. I hear so many different reports I don't know what to expect!!!

:)

Yes, we are Anne & Bob on our first cruise then. There is a Roll Call for it but very few people on it and it is probably on the second page now.

Thank you! Someone else posted the link to it... I couldn't find it for some reason. :) It must have been way down the list.

smalldog,

Hope you thoroughly enjoy your cruise.

It would be interesting to hear how the Sun Princess compares to your experiences on the Volendam.

Thanks erewhon.

I'm a bit nervous about how it will compare. I have a couple of dietary probs, and I'd worked out how to manage everything on HAL, but I'm sure the challenge will do me good. :)

Lots of people say the beds aren't much good on Princess, but they never, ever say WHY. (too hard, too soft, lumpy, dip in the middle????) ;)

We all like different things...

• 2 weeks later...
Lots of people say the beds aren't much good on Princess, but they never, ever say WHY. (too hard, too soft, lumpy, dip in the middle????) ;)

I have read comments about the beds on the Princess section of the forum where the vast majority of the posters are American. They say the beds are too hard. We haven't found that to be the case, but I think it is as you say in your last comment - "We all like different things". Don't worry about the beds.:)

Thanks erewhon.

I'm a bit nervous about how it will compare. I have a couple of dietary probs, and I'd worked out how to manage everything on HAL, but I'm sure the challenge will do me good. :)

Hello smalldog,

Re the beds on Princess. We are on the SunP in late December . We are taking the extraordinary (to us) step of buying an "egg crate" foam mattress topper to take with us. A cheap, fat, one.

We found the bed on HAL Zuiderdam very comfortable. But the bed on the Diamond Princess was painful.

I'd been warned about the beds on Princess so we organised an egg crate from Princess, and forgot about it. Two days into the cruise on the DiamondP, my husband had sore hips, the next day my shoulders were sore. The reason dawned. It was the hard bed. The egg crate provided by Princess was about 10mm thick. Useless. Not all beds are hard, apparently. Speaking to someone who changed cabins, one cabin had a hard bed, the next cabin had a more comfortable bed.

Trying to get the eggcrate foam back into its bag after the SunP cruise may be a problem, and a laugh, but we'll worry about that at the time.

A couple of bungy straps and we'll have a swag. Sailing from a home port is sweet.

Enjoy your cuise, and please report back :)

Regards, Ann

how lucky you people are to be heading to NZ on the Sun Princess. we did our first cruise on the Sun in February 2011 and had a fabulous time.

if interested, here is a link to my cruise review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=79412

the fiords are absolutely magical. it can be quite cool out on deck so bring warm jackets. I hope you have a beautiful sunny day when you are in this area.

enjoy!

how lucky you people are to be heading to NZ on the Sun Princess. we did our first cruise on the Sun in February 2011 and had a fabulous time.

if interested, here is a link to my cruise review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=79412

the fiords are absolutely magical. it can be quite cool out on deck so bring warm jackets. I hope you have a beautiful sunny day when you are in this area.

enjoy!

Thanks for your review, whimsy. I did a cruise around NZ last Christmas on HAL Volendam, and unfortunately we couldn't get into the fiords at all because of very rough weather, which was disappointing but understandable. So I don't mind so much whether the sun is out, but I just hope we can get into the fiords!! ;) Thank you for your good wishes! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived