No Sugar Dessert Options MDR?

flyingv4me

Are there "no sugar" options for dessert in the MDR? I see menus from Blu that offer a different NS ice cream and one other NS dessert each evening, but couldn't find menus from the MDR offering these. Thanks!

Hi Flyingv4me,

Yes - Celebrity offers a no sugar option for Dessert in the MDR. They are also very accomodating with any special dietary requirements. Once onboard, I suggest speaking with your Assistant Maitre 'd, and they will try their best to accomodate requests.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

The no sugar desserts are varied and tasty,also ice cream every nite,

You can have both if you want,there are also sugar free cookies at the coffe shop and a sugar free option at the buffet,also sugar free icecream at the ice cream bar i must admit to sampling them all several times :):):)

Are there "no sugar" options for dessert in the MDR? I see menus from Blu that offer a different NS ice cream and one other NS dessert each evening, but couldn't find menus from the MDR offering these. Thanks!

The ones in Blu are also very good desserts...both my DH and I had them several times on our Silhouette cruise and liked very much....imagine the same would be true in the MDR!! Enjoy:)

Hi,

Have no fear for the no-sugar options available. As one who was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a mere 4 months prior to our most recent Celebrity cruise, I was actively seeking out dessert options.

Of the 6 people at our table (all of us traveling together), the sugar-free and no-sugar-added options were in fact so delicious that many night several of the folk opted for these desserts.

Additionally, we also found that the sugar-free ice cream available in the afternoons in the buffet area was simply extraordinary — delicious and decadent without feeling like I'd have to risk anything.

Have a great cruise!!

CM

There are the same number of carbohydrates in a tablespoon of sugar as there are in a slice of white bread. 8 ounces of milk (even skim) has the same amount of carbohydrates as a tablespoon of sugar.

There are sugar-free desserts, but none of them are carbohydrate-free. If you are diabetic, you might want to speak to your diabetes educator.

Note...everything is "NO SUGAR ADDED" not no sugar...

That's true, except on the Porch on Silhouette they had some "no sugar" at all desserts, used Splenda instead, and they were very good....so if you look hard enough you can find the "sugar free" variety too....

That's true, except on the Porch on Silhouette they had some "no sugar" at all desserts, used Splenda instead, and they were very good....so if you look hard enough you can find the "sugar free" variety too....

Ever read the ingredients on a Splenda package? It contains Dextrose, which IS a sugar. Since the serving contain less than 5 calories of sugar, the US FDA allows them to advertise it as zero calories. I liken that logic to being "a little bit pregnant", but each must decide on their own.

In today's world, we must all become label readers and nutritional experts, else we will become victims of the "Madison Avenue spinsters".

We were on the Equinox this past April and every night for dinner in the main dining room my husband was able to get a NS dessert. I don't recall if it was actually on the menu every night, but if it isn't, if you let your waiter know that you would like to have a NS added dessert, it shouldn't be a problem....I think there was also NS added ice cream for dessert.

Enjoy your cruise.

We also tried the crepe bar for lunch,although sugar free dessert offered the wait staff went up to the buffet/mdr and found some it was a nice suprise.as a type 2 diabetic it makes a change from if its brown it must be good for you

Ever read the ingredients on a Splenda package? It contains Dextrose, which IS a sugar. Since the serving contain less than 5 calories of sugar, the US FDA allows them to advertise it as zero calories. I liken that logic to being "a little bit pregnant", but each must decide on their own.

In today's world, we must all become label readers and nutritional experts, else we will become victims of the "Madison Avenue spinsters".

I have read it and am aware of the few calories involved.....which is more than 70% less than standard sugars...a win for me....

Note...everything is "NO SUGAR ADDED" not no sugar...

I imagine that they add artificial sugar to the desert. If they do not I would try them. There has been numerous studies showing that artificial sugar is very unhealthy, spikes up the insulin worst than sugar.

Now no sugar and no artificial sugar added desert would be great, but I fear that the no sugar deserts contain artificial sugar.

I have read it and am aware of the few calories involved.....which is more than 70% less than standard sugars...a win for me....

What about the fat in the ns ice cream? I think there is the same amount of fat as there is in regular ice cream.

What about the fat in the ns ice cream? I think there is the same amount of fat as there is in regular ice cream.

well...you know.....there may be but we were talking about sugar.....and the way I see it just about everything is bad for you if you look hard enough....so I'll just enjoy what I can while I can!!

Archived