VT Spa Cabin Eurodam 4/14/2012

JudeeJim

I hope I will be happy with the VT cabin we chose on the Eurodam for our Transatlantic in April. It is on the Observation deck and there are only 10 cabins there. Anyone out there who has used the VT cabin and if so can you share your thoughts?

Judee

I was in a spa cabin on Veendam, if that helps.

Altho very different from Eurodam, I'm sure the amenities will be the same.

In the cabin you'll find:

- a tranquility fountain -

- complimentary mineral waters -

- yoga mat -

- organic cotton robe and slippers -

- special "Spa breakfast menu" -

Any more questions, just ask away!

I'm sure that you already know this, but the VT cabins don't have a real balcony. At least not one that you can sit on. But they are very close to the Retreat Cabanas and renting one of those is even better than having a balcony.

Verandah Staterooms

Deluxe Spa Verandah Ocean-view 2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub & shower, sitting area, private verandah, floor-toceiling windows. VT staterooms have viewing balconies. Approximately 213–379 sq. ft. including verandah.

Room Amenities

• Our signature Mariner’s Dream™ bed featuring plush Sealy Posturepedic® Euro-Top mattress and finely woven cotton linens
  • Luxurious bathrobes for use during your voyage
  • 100% Egyptian cotton towels
  • Premium massage showerhead
  • 5x magnifying lighted make-up mirror and salon-quality hair dryer
  • Fragrant soaps, lotions, shampoo and other bath amenities from Elemis Aromapure
  • Complimentary fresh fruit on request
  • Elegant ice bucket and serving tray for in-stateroom beverages
  • Flat-panel TV and DVD player
  • Ice service, shoeshine service and nightly turndown service

Spa Amenities include:

• Yoga Mats
  • iPod® docking stations
  • Countertop water feature in-room
  • Exclusive spa treatments from the nearby Greenhouse Spa and Salon

I hope I will be happy with the VT cabin we chose on the Eurodam for our Transatlantic in April. It is on the Observation deck and there are only 10 cabins there. Anyone out there who has used the VT cabin and if so can you share your thoughts?

Judee

We were in one of these cabins on a cruise in Norway and Scotland... They are the best on the ship! One flight up is the library/internet and one flight down is the Lido. A few steps and you are outside and can view either side.

Enjoy it!

Dale

... They are the best on the ship! One flight up is the library/internet and one flight down is the Lido. A few steps and you are outside and can view either side.

Those aren't the VT cabins. The VT cabins are on Observation Deck with the Explorations Cafe, and two decks up from the Lido.

The cabins on Panorama Deck have complete balconies; the VT cabins are Juliet balconies.

The cabins on Panorama Deck have complete balconies;
Actually the VQ on the Panorama deck have only about a 4 ft deep balcony, like the deck 5 VE/VF. Not too great in my book. I'd rather go down to the Navigation deck and get a V with a 7 ft balcony ... for less money too.

Judee

We thoroughly enjoyed ours on the Eurodam on a Baltic Cruise. Access to the Crow's Nest, the ship's library and the internet lobby is terrific. What's more, just outside the cabin door on the way to the Observation Deck is a public bathroom which is terrific if a significant other needs to brush teeth etc. at a time when you ocupy the cabin bathroom. The balcony has incredible visibility when in port and it's easy to find yours from the dock. There might be a bit of up and down motion in a rough sea due to the height above water but we had no issues whatsoever. Someone previously suggested a cabana rental on the deck below which is great advice on a day in port. On the open sea, however, there's too much sea to see. LOL!

Actually the VQ on the Panorama deck have only about a 4 ft deep balcony, like the deck 5 VE/VF. Not too great in my book.

True, it's not the most comfortable balcony, but at least you can sit out there. The VT balconies don't even have room for that.

Forgot to mention ...

Spa cabins also have a different turndown chocolate.

(Ruth, you might like this! :D)

It's thin, and wafer-like; the label says Elements Chocolate.

Various flavours; like orange, raspberry, etc.

The label I saved calls one particular piece "Tranquil"

It's described as "dark chocolate ginger with passionflower for tranquility".

It was pretty tasty, and different from the regular chocolate on the pillows!

Forgot to mention ...

It's thin, and wafer-like; the label says Elements Chocolate.

Various flavours; like orange, raspberry, etc.

The label I saved calls one particular piece "Tranquil"

It's described as "dark chocolate ginger with passionflower for tranquility".

It was pretty tasty, and different from the regular chocolate on the pillows!

Are they all DARK chocolate?

I love Dark chocolate -- it is so much healthier.

Forgot to mention ...

Nice try, Vic. But there isn't enough chocolate on the entire ship to get me into one of those spa cabins.

No way, no how. They hold no appeal for me.

• 7 months later...
Judee,

How did you like the VT cabins? Too much motion? I know the balconies were small, how did you like them?

Linda

We really liked the VT cabin. The location is fantastic. We did feel some motion but no more than in other cabin classes. The other thing is it is very quiet and only out the door to the steps that take you to a very nice sunning area. We are going on the Noordam in March and my husband was hoping there were VT cabins but there aren't any so we are going to do a VE.

Judee

Hi Judee,

Thank you for responding. You did the Transatlantic going over, we're hopefully going to do the return in August 2013. Any recommendations for the ports?

One in our group does have issues with motion and it is a concern for us, good to hear it wasn't too rough.

The outside area that you're talking about, is the the 'Retreat'? I thought that was an area you had to pay to get in to. Or do they just charge for the little cabanas? And there are stairs that go up to the observation deck too, right? Are there lounge chairs up there?

And how about those balconies, lol, could you only stand, or maybe get a small stool to sit on? We had a large balcony on a Celebrity cruise last year but we had six days at sea and used it often. With all the ports, I think I'd be happy with the lounge and library to the side.

Thank you again!

Linda

VT and VQ cabins are so far forward, and so high, you will be subjected to a lot of motion if the seas get rough.

If you have problems with seasickness, VT is not the cabin for you.

Fortunately we didn't experience rough seas as I am subject to mal de mar but had no problem in the VT cabin. Also to explain the area there are only 10 cabins, 5 on each side. There is a door that goes from the hall into the ropped off Retreat area but there are stairs that go up to what I would call a quiet sunning area. It is not part of the Retreat.

Judee

• 2 years later...

Hi Judee, I know its been a long time since this thread was opened, but I am just now finding it. My DH and I are going on Eurodam in Feb and we are really considering these rooms. We like the thought of being high and more private, we don't suffer from seasickness at all, we like being rocked to sleep at night. My concern though is the size. The picture looks like it is really small. My husband is a good size guy and we don't want to be crawling all over each other for a week. We also have the opportunity to have a signature suite with full balcony for just $200 more. But we do have a retreat cabana reserved and I really like the idea of being close to the retreat. I don't mind the smaller balcony, we don't normally sit out on our balcony anyway, just go out for pictures and a breath of fresh air. Everytime we have got a balcony in the past, my DH says it is wasted as we don't really use it that much, but we do like the fresh air access every now and then. But am I silly for passing up a suite for just $200 more? 170 sq ft vs 260? But we do like our privacy and we like the thought of being by the Explorer Club..... we are bookish and quiet.....

Anyone else have any input? I think I'm deciding tomorrow. I would appreciate anyones thoughts to help me make this decision. Thanks!