What can we order that's not on menu?

pbs14

Hey everyone! We cruise in 9 days on the Carnival Dream. Wondering what items we can order that are not on the MDR menu??

What's your favorite, not to miss food??

Hoping Creme Brule is available every night (although I know it's on the menu only 1 night)???

Thanks!!

HAPPY CRUISING!

Hate to tell you but you will not be able to order the creme brulee every night~ we tried to order it on a night that it wasn't offerend and were told no~:(

Now that they've changed the menu to where they have an everyday menu and a today menu, I'm not sure what else you could order~most people ordered steak or chicken which is now on the menu~

pbs14...remember the Dream will have over 4000 guests eating dinner in one of the MDR all served soup to cheese in about 4 hours. Those logistics alone do not allow the kitchen to cook up a single serve dish each night. The ship is not your local 3 star hangout where the chef or kitchen has a specialty that may not be offered every night but could be prepared on request.

It actually is on the kids menu you attached above? Look at "from the captain's sweet treasure chest' for the kiddy desserts!

LOL... I was responding to Firefly who was replying to another poster about the mac & cheese. ;) It's not listed on the children's menu, but can be ordered anytime.

But regarding those banana splits... I've ordered those before, too. Yummmo!

Hey everyone! We cruise in 9 days on the Carnival Dream. Wondering what items we can order that are not on the MDR menu??

What's your favorite, not to miss food??

Hoping Creme Brule is available every night (although I know it's on the menu only 1 night)???

Thanks!!

HAPPY CRUISING!

We just returned from the Legend a week ago. Several in our party really like Bitter and Blanc and wanted it another night after the night it was on the menu. We just asked our server in Anytime Dining(we had requested the same server each night) and he arranged it for the next evening. If you think you want it every night, just ask your server and they will usually oblige:)

We were able to get the escargot on a non-escargot night for our table of 6 (before 2nd formal night) to the envy of those around us....asked the waiter - who asked the assistant maitre d - who came over and asked 'how many'!

I think the thing with the desserts is if you ask for something that was on the menu the night before they might have some leftover~ we asked for Creme Brulee on the last night when my DH got it offered special for him since he's gluten free, (they said it was sugar free also, not sure how that would work since the top is carmelized sugar??) But you can always ask~ maybe our server was lying to us as he was the worst waiter we've had in 7 carnival cruises!!

The Indian food they offer every night is a vegetarian option is usally lentil bean something and its not very good at all... I ordered the "off menu" Indian dish 2 nights and it was amazing. It was sort of jasmine rice with lamb and i loved it!!!

Depending on your waiter you can get what you want. We had the amazing Arman on the Valor this month and he got our friends the brulee 5 of the 7 nights so i guess it depends on your waiter. He is in the YTD area and our waiter the first 2 nights didnt do anything for us, Arman was crazy and made our meals so much fun.....

Archived