Marina Shower

Studio cruiser

I have read many posts about the Marina's horrible shower. We are staying in a Veranda room. If we upgrade, would the shower be any better?

Horrible may not be the right choice to describe it - it could have been designed better but it isn't horrible. It is very nice looking (all glass) and has a wand and a rain-shower head. It's just too small and not tall enough if you are over 6 Ft. tall; one learns how to work it pretty quickly. I (and many others) would have preferred if there was no tub and thus the shower stall could have been much larger.

You have to upgrade to a PH (minimum) to get a larger shower.

It's not horrible. We had a veranda room. The shower could be larger, but my husband, a big guy, did fine. So did I. The bathroom is quite pretty and for tub lovers, it is great since the tub is large and deep.

I agree with the others. I'm still not sure what all the fuss is about.

I thought the glass door was nice as was the wand and overhead rain shower type head.

Was it huge? no.

Is the PH shower larger? i'd guesstimate by 20 percent to 30 percent larger.

Will you get wet in either? yes.

My wife really enjoyed the large tub.

We loved the tub as well.

Luggage went under the bed and lifejackets stayed on the shelf.

Shower was fine. Would be better if the rain shower head was offset a bit from the middle. If I didn't want to do my hair, I just turned it off and used the hand held. No biggie.

Mo

can be "tilted" so that it is not coming down on you directly...that's what I did and it made a big difference...I just stepped into the flow as needed..but didn't have it coming down directly overhead..try it...you'll like it!!! :) LuAnn

can be "tilted" so that it is not coming down on you directly...that's what I did and it made a big difference...I just stepped into the flow as needed..but didn't have it coming down directly overhead..try it...you'll like it!!! :) LuAnn

Agree; when I tilted the shower head, there was more room to stand and use the shampoo without having to turn off the water. If money is no object, get a penthouse suite; otherwise the shower is not a "deal breaker."

I think you could probably squeeze three Marx brothers in a Marina shower if you had to, but no more than that. (Or maybe only one Marx brother and Margaret Dumont in spanx.)

LOL.:D

When people ask about the average age of Oceania passengers, maybe one of the responses should be: "Old enough to understand a Margaret Dumont reference."

LOL.:D

When people ask about the average age of Oceania passengers, maybe one of the responses should be: "Old enough to understand a Margaret Dumont reference."

Or old enough to know that spanxs are nothing more than the re-invention of the panty girdle.

......don't even get me started on the Coriander versus Cilantro controversy :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Not old enough to understand the Margaret Dumont reference but old enough to remember panty girdles (much more torturous than Spanx, boys).

To stay on topic, does all this mean my intimate relationship with the shower curtain is over?

Horrible may not be the right choice to describe it - it could have been designed better but it isn't horrible. It is very nice looking (all glass) and has a wand and a rain-shower head. It's just too small and not tall enough if you are over 6 Ft. tall; one learns how to work it pretty quickly. I (and many others) would have preferred if there was no tub and thus the shower stall could have been much larger.

You have to upgrade to a PH (minimum) to get a larger shower.

Purely for curiosity, can someone measure the dimensions of the shower stall and post it for everybody to share?

Since we don't have the money to go on the large newbuilds, we can just look at drib's pictures above. The length of the PH minisuites should be the same as the regular balconied cabin. If you assume that, and the relative dimensions in each picture to be proportional to the respecitve real cabin, then the PH's washroom will be substantially larger than the regular cabin's, so will be its shower stall.

Well, since I do have a tape measure on my key ring and since I'll be driving to Miami next month and will have my key ring with me I'll measure a Marina A4. If I remember. At least one on our roll call has an O suite so I can measure that, too. If I remember.

Well, since I do have a tape measure on my key ring and since I'll be driving to Miami next month and will have my key ring with me I'll measure a Marina A4. If I remember. At least one on our roll call has an O suite so I can measure that, too. If I remember.

In that case, I hope that you kept up with your Geometry homework as a kid......

Those shower stalls are quarter rounds :D

To determine the area of a quarter circle:

1) Let the equation of the circle be x^2 + y^2 = 8^2, whose center is (0, 0) and radius is 8 units.

2) The boundary of quarter of this circle is x-axis, y-axis and the quarter arec of the circle x^2 + y^2 = 64

3) Area of this quarter lamina by integrations is given by:

A = ∫ √{64 - x^2} dx in[0, 8]

In that case, I hope that you kept up with your Geometry homework as a kid......

Those shower stalls are quarter rounds :D

To determine the area of a quarter circle:

1) Let the equation of the circle be x^2 + y^2 = 8^2, whose center is (0, 0) and radius is 8 units.

2) The boundary of quarter of this circle is x-axis, y-axis and the quarter arec of the circle x^2 + y^2 = 64

3) Area of this quarter lamina by integrations is given by:

A = ∫ √{64 - x^2} dx in[0, 8]

This just may be better than your "priceless" pictures :D

Archived